It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Discovery channel show "what they dont want you to know" uses sub messages

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
(When you slow it down again) the second image is clearly of a man holding a piece of white paper more of less when they say "just very, very good at his job" also the same REF sign becomes briefly visible again.
Brilliant posts. But most disturbing subject indeed!
Now I just need to go and check what's on TV!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by packinmomma
My apologies in advance if someone else posted similar... I just don't have time to read through all the pages yet.

Regarding the 2nd screenshot (the green image), at first it didn't resemble anything but a blob. BUT... when I tilted my computer screen about 45 degrees away from my eyes, then looked at the image... it became more clear and I could see what looks like a photographic negative (in green, of course) of a forearm and hand coming from the bottom left corner. It looks like its holding something, but my screen just isn't that clear... or I need better glasses! Can anyone else make out what it's holding? What else is in this image?

Again, I'm sorry if someone else has seen this and posted all the details already... I'll keep reading. Interesting stuff, though! Thank goodness we do not have cable in our home!

you are absolutely right. it IS a negative image of a hand and it is holding a sheet of paper. its basically a frame or 2 of the normal black and white footage they used in the show that was turned green for some reason. If you watch the show I liked to where I got these pictures from it will all make sense.

Hi time3lord, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I'm wondering if anyone knows this, but in a lot of symbology beliefs. Green is the color of healing.

Later guys
Unab

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
no offance, anyone could of caught that. your notting special in those regards.

and the fact is you put down people that actually see things, so why would anyone care about what you have to say or see.

that being said i dont think you even deserve 1 4th these stars
edit on 27-1-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

This is from your own thread that YOU posted about there being 2 suns and niburu is real because COD: MW2 supposedly has it in the game ( which it didnt because I checked)

Call of Duty, and the Second Sun.. yeah i know...,

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
and again, for all those people that think this statement or video is "Proof"

find someone who can swing a sludge hammer really hard, and you know..... correct yourself because i've never stated that so it really doesn't help when you come into this forum screaming

FAKE FAKE
its just a video game bla bla bla......
dude everything on this site has a 90percent chance of being FAKE. its a CONSPIRACY SITE
GROW UP

when you guys come in and bash forums based on interasting information it can only seem like your jealous of what they found and you didn't, you're trying to stop other people from listening, or i dont know what its, but its embaressing to on your part, i dont feel at all embaressed when you come in here, read my forum, and then bash a consipiracy just like every other thread on this site, it makes me think you're stupid, this site is open for any discussion conspiracy grow up, could you not beat games as a kid? lol it just makes me laugh seeing people bash.

almost makes me want to write down their names, and bash any forum they ever make

this is the last time I will be addressing you on this thread, I just wanted to show you that you are capable of doing the very thing you accuse other people of doing. Just saying...its ok we have all done it.

I sense much anger in you.
edit on 27-1-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

thats why i made that reply.

you must be a jedi, because i am very angry lol, i'll try to keep it away from you

edit on 28-1-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well they don't call it your daily scheduled programing for nothing. Off course they would want something out of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've noticed that I get a sudden urge to buy a new car now and again. My car is 14 years old so I could certainly be justified in replacing it, but its still running very well and the fact is I don't NEED a new car just yet.
Its like the idea is just entering my brain and I'm generally not a compulsive shopper.
Since TV went digital I often wonder what subliminal messages they might be sending out to us.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't believe in this sub-liminal message bogus. We all have free will.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It seems so obvious that it may be more for laughs then for real. Then again who knows how many people would have noticed had you not said something, but armed with the knowledge that these images were there they were easy to spot, along with about 4 or 5 others that I saw (only watched the video once)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Interesting stuff! Clearly, those are supposed to be Illuminati/Masonic/secret images, but any ideas on the specifics? The colors are VERY interesting. We see one in black and white, then a flash of green, then the colored dots behind the next. Any psych majors that want to take a crack at guessing why the images were shown as they were? What effect could the colors have? Plus, was the goal to make you think of those secret society types, and make you believe he was one, or was the goal something less clear?

I can occasionally catch a flashed image in something, and my sister does more often. She has talked about this scary image in "The Exorcist"; apparently, during one suspenseful but seemingly quiet scene, an evil demonic face was flashed on, that she saw when watching the movie. People were terrified, and didn't understand why. She saw it, though. In that case, the clear goal was to make people more scared during a scary movie. I wonder, in this case of yours, if the goal is to reenforce the ideas they put forth, or something else.

Did you have any intuitive feelings while watching? I get that FAR more than I see images; an idea that the program is pushing something they want you to believe, but in a less-than-obvious way.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyn50
I don't believe in this sub-liminal message bogus. We all have free will.

unfortunately for your belief in it is not required its a tried and proven science. Do the research because they already have.

Originally posted by WonOunce
It seems so obvious that it may be more for laughs then for real. Then again who knows how many people would have noticed had you not said something, but armed with the knowledge that these images were there they were easy to spot, along with about 4 or 5 others that I saw (only watched the video once)

Well I have shown it to quite a few people without telling them what to look for and none of them saw it. Its only AFTER I showed them did they say oh yeah I see it.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Interesting stuff! Clearly, those are supposed to be Illuminati/Masonic/secret images, but any ideas on the specifics? The colors are VERY interesting. We see one in black and white, then a flash of green, then the colored dots behind the next. Any psych majors that want to take a crack at guessing why the images were shown as they were? What effect could the colors have? Plus, was the goal to make you think of those secret society types, and make you believe he was one, or was the goal something less clear?

I can occasionally catch a flashed image in something, and my sister does more often. She has talked about this scary image in "The Exorcist"; apparently, during one suspenseful but seemingly quiet scene, an evil demonic face was flashed on, that she saw when watching the movie. People were terrified, and didn't understand why. She saw it, though. In that case, the clear goal was to make people more scared during a scary movie. I wonder, in this case of yours, if the goal is to reenforce the ideas they put forth, or something else.

Did you have any intuitive feelings while watching? I get that FAR more than I see images; an idea that the program is pushing something they want you to believe, but in a less-than-obvious way.

They have been doing it for years, to be honest I have no idea why they did it. All I know is that they DID do it.

We can speculate but ultimately thats all it will ever be. If questioned about it they can just throw way with "it was all a joke" I dont know, personally it could be all in fun but the timing of the images leaves a lot to be desired. Listen to what the voice over is saying just when the all seeing eye is flashed.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So glad I have thus far resisted the temptation to join the discovery channel especially given the intel on this thread. Its quite expensive too where I am.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
Interesting. What's really much more prevalent are abstract subliminals, things that are difficult to consciously notice but your brain picks up on. Squiggly words or images in things like smoke, grass, clouds etc. It's been going on since the 50's. It works and is explained away as unintentional or coincidental. Phallic symbols, the words sex, death images all provoke involuntary emotions. Interesting stuff.

I'd heard about this also. Cigarette and liquor ads used them often. the word "sex" everywhere, penises, devils. Apparently worked quite well too. I get a kick out of people that dismiss this or "refuse" to accept it, they're being influenced right along with everyone else that sees it, doesn't need anyone's permission to affect them.

You're also right about the involuntary reactions, the famous poster of farrah fawcett had the word SEX in her hair, one of many examples.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I just witnessed/heard something on the Discovery Channel myself and I immediately thought of this thread.

I was watching Discovery's new series "Africa" and the commentator was stating how studying the land one side of the mountain is like a "New World Order" when comparing it to the other side.

This seemed like it was odd terminology seeing how "a New World" would have been sufficient vocabulary.

Just thought my two cents needed to be added into the discussion.

edit on 1/30/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Punctuation

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm
I just witnessed/heard something on the Discovery Channel myself and I immediately thought of this thread.

I was watching Discovery's new series "Africa" and the commentator was stating how studying the land one side of the mountain is like a "New World Order" when comparing it to the other side.

This seemed like it was odd terminology seeing how "a New World" would have been sufficient vocabulary.

Just thought my two cents needed to be added into the discussion.

edit on 1/30/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Punctuation

raising awareness is what its all about. The more people that know about it the harder it will be for those that try to control people with it to succeed.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good find.

I'm 99% convinced that subliminal images and messages are broadcasted on most networks these days.

I used to catch images that nobody but my "adhd" friend caught. We just process fast visually.

I remember seeing an image of the US surrounded by burning borders when hurricane Katrina was going on. My family of a dozen or so people were there, and nobody else caught it.

It usually happens between shows/commercials. They'll put in a frame or two that has nothing to do with the previous, or next clip. I can understand this occurring as a slip up on analog systems, but now a days there's no excuse.

So I stopped watching the tube about eight years ago now. It means I'm a bit culturally behind, but it's not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I posted all that because as this op has shown, subliminal messages are designed to form our perceptions of our environment according to what we see dsily. The devil hand sign that i see people form quite often now is a rrsult of seeing this sign flashed as a normal hand gesture; people see it but they don't explicitly notice it, and after a while it becomes a regular part of their hand gesture.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, this only works if you watch television, and only works if your mind is open to suggestion; when you are aware of subliminals, paraliminals, neurolinguistics, solfeggio tones, and the mass marketing machines designed to create more commerce in consumers, it doesn't work. It's that easy. Don't watch Television if you feel it's scary. Not only what you are describing occurs; they are doing quick flashes of message insertion while you are watching programs in the form of graphics at the bottom telling you when shows are on, and at what time, etc. Why would you; and why do you need to watch television anyway? It's a cheap drug via the optics and acoustics designed to keep you hooked and in return, you give corporations your money you work hard for in the form of simple trinkets like the latest fashionable items, tablets, iphones, whatever, stuff you really don't need...stuff that just distracts you from the real things that matter in this life, awareness, understanding, knowledge.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A couple days ago I had to come up with a topic proposal for my socail psychology term paper. After reading this thread I had found my topic. After running it by my professor I recieved the green light.

Here was the proposal:

In an effort to better understand how corporations and media manipulate people through social influence, I will examine the father of propaganda, Edward Bernays, and the role he played in changing attitudes, affecting group processes, and conforming people using a technique he called the “engineering of consent.”

Thanks for presenting the subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In the video Part 2 states Bernays found that the average attention span is four minutes, That video segment is 4:08

So who watched the video and what has it done to you?

It's certain that ATS is full Bernays type people.

I've went looking for subliminal laws in the USA, I gave up, anyone willing to share?

I'm over fifty and the one I remember is for movie theaters not to flash popcorn and coke.

If it is ungoverned then you can bet it is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yeah, I stopped watching TV. One reason why is having to pay for cable and then sit through 17 minutes of commercials every hour.

Bastards makes me pay for their BS commercial income.

First write to the cable company then boycott the greedy SOBs. I see my local cable company cut off Magicjack commercials so they don't have competition with their service of telephones. I'll bet Magicjack's contract does cover this on most of the not so big name channels.

Action and an opposite reaction, get busy people.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by A1st4Me

As much as we have covered subliminal messages in my psychology classes, I cannot recall hearing it being illegal. In fact, looking through a couple of my different psych books and it is never mentioned as against the laws. It is experimented with and there is laboratory evidence sited in my 8th ed. Social Psychology book to its effectiveness.

During the 2000 presidential election there was an ad that aired from the Bush camp addressing his prescription plan. When the ad went on to mention the Gore prescription plan the word “RATS” flashed on the screen for 1/13th of a second.

Also, to see that it is prevalent in advertisements today all around us, just google images of subliminal messages. Most of the time it seems to be something sexual or just hinting at it.
As for the Coca-Cola and popcorn, it was James Vicary, who in the late 1950’s supposedly flashed this message across the screen during the movie and reported that his concessions sales increased (according to some reports, Vicary made up these claims; Weir, 1984) (Social Psychology 8th ed. 2013, p. 189).

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join