It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Need an AR or AK?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by projectvxn

You are also the Second Amendment manifest. You are our highly trained and regulated militia. Do what's noble and state that you are an Oathkeeper and that, if ordered to fire on American civilians, you will refuse that order and will defend the people, for they are the seat of government.

~Heff

And so are you. I do not need to belong to the Oathkeepers to be one. I serve in the US Army to protect the American people, not to harm them. It is not my job to enforce domestic policy. My job is to enforce foreign policy. Or to destroy invaders.

Most servicemen do not realise that the "domestic enemy" is greater than the "foreign enemy". We make lots of foreign enemies because of washington's incessant drive to expand the corporate markets throughout the globe. They have no problem overthrowing governments with exaggerated excuses or even fabricated ones(such as the 9-11-2001 terrorist plot).

Also the military industrial complex needs to keep itself busy and expand when posible.
edit on 27/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but that is flat out wrong. Whenever you see a soldier, ask him or her what they think about the current leadership...you'll be quite surprised...in my experience, if I had to estimate...I would say over 5 out of every 10 soldiers in my current unit (roughly 250 soldiers), are well aware of the road the current domestic enemy (wishfully) thinks they are traveling...

Exactly, that is my point! The military are as much victims as we are in many respects, the people pulling the strings work on a worldwide stage and not limited to one country.

Awesome timing on your post, star for each!
edit on 28-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what should be done is exposing these malevolent forces before going into full momentum. their actions will come back on them

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There was a Federally Funded Clinical Trial to give older men (50's-60's) in America a testosterone cream to rub on their chest. Worked GREAT and gave those older males more energy to do things. Over 50% dropped dead shortly after taking it.

Their hearts couldn't handle it. Veterans Affairs continued to prescribe the Testosterone Cream to older Veterans. And they died.

Their AK's and AR's didn't save them. Nobody cares about them and nobody yelled for justice.

You can have all the guns and ammo you want. The Government wants your sector of the populace dead....you're going to be DEAD. Gun toting sector of the populace has a high likeliness to chew tobaccy. Add a little somethin somethin to that to give them all heart disease.....buh BYE.

Yer Guns won't save you. Obama's neutralizing that sector of society.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
what should be done is exposing these malevolent forces before going into full momentum. their actions will come back on them

Heh, lately they have been doing a pretty good job exposing themselves.
Corruption has wormed it's way into the government, all 3 branches. Lobbying needs to be put to a stop, plain and simple. When politicians accept this money for thier campaigns they are no longer for the people, they are for the ones who contributed to thier campaign. The Federal Reserve needs to be dispersed, a private bank should not be in charge of printing currency. Somewhere along the lines monopolies have wormed their way back into existance, they should be broken. Whoever coined the phrase "Too big to fail" should be taken out and beaten with a rubber d**do! There is no such thing as too big to fail, if you are going bankrupt that is tough s**t! Nobodies fault but your own, should have run your business better or taken fewer multi million dollar bonus checks and or vacations to exotic places. The entire legal system needs a major overhaul, all laws need to be reviewed and all unnecessary laws should be voided. There are too many dumbass laws in existance that are pointless. Government needs to get smaller, there is far too much waste due to inefficiency and bloated government offices that are redundant or unnecessary. Term limits on all government positions (senate most notably) and none should be appointable positions (rewarding people with positions of power supports cronyism).

That is my personal take......a whole lot of work and not many supporting the idea it should be done...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
There was a Federally Funded Clinical Trial to give older men (50's-60's) in America a testosterone cream to rub on their chest. Worked GREAT and gave those older males more energy to do things. Over 50% dropped dead shortly after taking it.

Their hearts couldn't handle it. Veterans Affairs continued to prescribe the Testosterone Cream to older Veterans. And they died.

Their AK's and AR's didn't save them. Nobody cares about them and nobody yelled for justice.

You can have all the guns and ammo you want. The Government wants your sector of the populace dead....you're going to be DEAD. Gun toting sector of the populace has a high likeliness to chew tobaccy. Add a little somethin somethin to that to give them all heart disease.....buh BYE.

Yer Guns won't save you. Obama's neutralizing that sector of society.

Well Big Pharma should be beaten with a rubber d**do also in my opinion.....people in the FDA giving the go ahead for drugs they know are dangerous because they got thier pockets lined with money. The whole damn system supports corruption and needs to change.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Excellent OP projectvxn bravo!

And so are you. I do not need to belong to the Oathkeepers to be one. I serve in the US Army to protect the American people, not to harm them. It is not my job to enforce domestic policy. My job is to enforce foreign policy. Or to destroy invaders.

It is also your job to protect the people from enemies foreign and domestic. When domestic policy is in opposition to our rights and constitution that makes it and those who create it an seek to enforce it domestic enemies. Therefore It's your job to protect against such domestic policy also.

It is well and good that so many military and police are coming to an understanding of their oath and pledging to keep it. Would to god they would do so fully as I describe above! As much as saying this scares the hell out of me if enough military came to that full realization they would arrest and remove the President and much of congress and the senate immediately for treason... That they haven't is a consequence of too many Americans not knowing their history.

edit on 28-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
No offense to the OP, but I prefer my scoped Mosin M91/30 (long range, multi-purpose). In my perception, the reason to keep and BEAR arms was established at Lexington and Concord when the British attempted to raid the armories and thus deprive the colonists of any means of opposition. Now, the 'armories' are in our homes, and the 'British' are those who would take our arms from us, thus depriving us of the power to oppose them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WAstateMosin

i have named my mosin nagant lyudmila. i prefer to think of the powers that be as an axis. though comparable to redcoats, their tactics such as racial manipulation, fema camps, ndaa, nsa, the drug war, executive orders, flip flopping, seem like the axis. same corporation, different product, same desolate purpose. why have just one rifle? i will collect allied rifles and pistols from wwII as a monument to benevolence and reightous actions against evil. i'll even make youtube vids with a paper mache pipboy mask at the local range with my wwII allied collection. instead of being anonymous, with guy fawkes mask, i'll be all pippy. cool, casual, awesome, ready, with a leather jacket perhaps?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Why do you need an AR or an AK? is the title and here is my answer how about for when you and your colleagues who only care about collecting pay and following orders come knocking on my door?

Not saying that you will personally but you reel off all of your accomplishments and training like they are trophies but dont forget there are thousands of trained people like you who do not care about firing on other countries civilians because they 'may be' terrorists and fair do's you have probably put yourself in harms way for the benefit of someone who's not neccesarily the public and yet you have the cheek to ask why we'd need guns at home?

Whats to stop someone like you from somewhere else doing the same to us at home what your doing to them over there?

So Why do we need an AR or an AK? to put us on an even footing and gives us a chance to defend ourselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Why have just one rifle? Because I'm financially poor, thanks to said 'corporation'. Insufficient circulation of the economic lifeblood known as 'currency'. All the money is flowing out of the country and not flowing back (at least not to us 'peasants').

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WAstateMosin

i suffer from a similar quandry. mine was an opportunistic purchase as well. but dammit i'm too determined not to obtain extra arms. keep your chin up, for the spring allows men with lawnmowers to obtain the means of self preservation. aww man now i miss riding my riding mower. lawnmower calvary anyone?
edit on 28-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
I don't want to be the party pooper, but you're going to need thousands of people like OP to make an armed revolution possible.

You have to deal with 30,000 drones over us skies by 2015, the possibility of UN troops being deployed here, cops, and the US Military.

What do we have? Well about half of the population actually supports this Tyrannical subversion. Then what are you left with? The militias and the rest of the population who knows what's going on (A minority btw). I've been looking everywhere and I can't find any real numbers on what the Militia strength is in America. But even then, they eventually are going to be be labeled "domestic terrorists".

Sorry to be down on all of this, but this whole thing is a giant clusterfu**.

Also, wouldn't a revolution actually help TPTB? If a Revolution started they would have the excuse to put down Martial Law and make 1984 a reality. So you're pretty much screwed either way.

If a Revolution doesn't happen were probably going to see 1984 anyway, (look at the EO's that have been passed in the last few years) and if a Revolution does start they have the excuse to put down Martial Law and fill the FEMA camps.

Star for this~!

my thoughts .. exactly~! We're trumped just by weapons Tech already..just look at what havoc Gemany did with the T2's

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

all it takes is the wingbeat of a butterfly in central park

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You're correct about the US military being the most capable armed forces to have ever been...

Hahaha... No, he's not... He's wrong about that... Unless you mean capable of wiping a large area off the map, irregardless of collateral damage....

The British military repeatedly outperform the American military in pretty much every department. We had competitions all the time with the yanks and they were beaten every time; whether it was on exercise, PT, shooting, hostage rescue, CQB etc...

They know how to seriously (and indiscriminately) blow # up (including their allies), no doubt, and are well practiced at using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. However, when it comes to capability; precision, tactics, adaptability and most importantly, mentality, the American army are certainly NOT the best that's ever been...

Regarding the OP:

Honest question;

Do you think that civvies owning AKs or AR15s have a chance against the technological might of the US army? I don't want to assume anything but from your OP title and the accompanying statement it seems that you do.

Whilst I appreciate that an AK is considerably better than a handgun in an all out war, I personally find it hard to believe that owning those weapons will matter one iota when/if the government brings out the really big guns...

Being a military man yourself, you've seen first hand the kind of kit they have, and you mentioned the training, if they really wanted they could impose their will, don't you think?

edit on 28-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I dont own weapons and I am skilled in all, The right to protect anyone is a option I will never give up.
edit on 28-1-2013 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Could you please post some links?

I've worked at the VA for many years and I have never heard about any of this nor have any of my co-workers and a few of them have worked for the VA for 30+ years!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I am the reason you need an 'assault' rifle.

I'm pretty sure you already know this OP but for all you un-informed people that believe everything FOX NEWS says, the AR-15 is not an assault rifle. The AK47 is indeed an assault rifle only because it is fully automatic. Now if you have a semi-auto AK47 it's not an assault rifle. Only fully auto's are assault rifles. Thanks to the media everyone in the world believes the AK47 is the bad-guy weapon and it's not...it's actually one of the best gun's you could ever own.

To answer your title....yes I need an AR-15.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

just as a mantis needs hooked appendages, as a cobra needs fangs, as a shark needs constantly regrowing teeth

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is an easy question to answer if you grasp the reasoning of our Founding Fathers when creating the 2nd amendment, and too many people do not grasp this, and our country will suffer for it in the future, if not soon. We NEED "assault" weapons, which still are only semi-automatic mind you and not fully automatic, because the government already has far superior firepower. We would be at a disadvantage with these types of rifles, but at least we would stand a chance.

If you did not grasp what I was implying, it was that the 2nd amendment is designed for US, the people, to protect ourselves against the federal government of the United States. It is that simple. The fact that we have had no military action taken against citizens as a whole in an attempt to obtain power is a testament that the 2nd amendment works. If that goes away, I can guarantee you that the government will attempt to get away with a lot more, if someone doesn't come along and attempt to completely abolish democracy in the US.

Those who founded this country knew that the only way to ENSURE democracy was to arm the people, because the people will not openly submit to a government that turns tyrannical, and it was ensured that we had means to protect ourselves. What about that is hard to understand? The need for the 2nd amendment will never go away, because the power-hungry individuals who do not mind bloodshed will never go away. You think we are immune from historical occurrences here in America? Nope, and without guns, we will see what has happened to other countries throughout history happen here. You think that the USSR would have lasted as long as it did if the people were all armed? That goes for just about every totalitarian state. And the US politicians have already been overstepping their authority for a long time, so imagine what they will do when we have no means to defend ourselves.

and what do men/women with power want.. ?

More power .. plain & simple

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by xedocodex

So an AR or an AK is going to stop an M1 Abrams or a Stealth Bomber?

The argument is absolutely ridiculous...Rambo is a fictional movie, not a documentary.

I see the Afghan insurgency is still going after 12 years of war. Just saying.

Yes, and I'm sure we are all looking forward to living like the Afgans.

If they are your model and aspiration of rebellion, good luck.
I will live free or die.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join