page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by OldSkullJedi
reply to post by Hefficide

When folks begin quoting the constitution; remember this is a good blueprint initially; however, times change. We are not living 300 years ago, blacks are not slaves and we can't keep pointing to a document written so long ago it is not applicable for the 21st Century. We DO NOT need assault style weapons. The term ASSAULT denotes a weapon which is to be used for what? There ya go, now you're thinking like a 21st Century Citizen. If you like to hunt, there are HUNTING weapons available. Well regulated Militia? For what... to overthrow the government? That's paranoid thinking. If you knew anything about virology; you may understand that not a single bullet will defeat "IF the government wanted to" a single germ. It's simple logic really. No, the answer is no, we don't need assault weapons, and if you have better logic than mine, please, bring it to the table. Wanna live by a 300 year old document? Go back in time with Mr. Titor and live in a world where the color of your skin dictated your worth as a human being in a land bought and sold by wealthy sociopathes who lacked empathy and compassion. Low frequency thinkers if you will.

disgusting. what country do you live in?

the constitution is the founding document of this nation, and IS STILL the supreme law of the land...it is not some nostalgic document from antiquity that is quoted for the hell of it...it is quoted, constantly, as a reminder, because it is the law...too many people have forgotten that..

the constitution is JUST as applicable today, as it was the day it was written. the principles of liberty, human rights, and equal justice under law are NEVER outdated concepts...unless you're a communist, or a fan of fascism

you've obviously never read the constitution and bill of rights...if you're not a citizen of these united states, then that's completely understandable...if you ARE a citizen, then shame on you....it is all laid out in perfectly understandable language exactly what each item in the bill of rights is for, what it means, and is completely impossible to misunderstand, so long as you posses sufficient intelligence to read, and comprehend. I say everything in this paragraph, because you seem to not be understanding what the items mean...

given your ignorance of firearms, and willingness to lap up the MSM's kool-aid about "scary black assault guns", im sure there's no way to get you to listen to reason...i can only hope that you would be willing to engage me in intelligent debate on the topic, that i might help you to understand better..

i still believe your above statements show a level of ignorance, and naivete that is dangerous..

it is okay my fellow human; your emotions are normal, your response is valid, it is okay, and i'm okay with that. I do not find you disgusting, nor your opinion, it is yours. I do not want to change your mind, i present only logical approaches to creative problems.

Remember the heresy of the church friend, when scientific achievments were called evil.

Is not sociology a science my fellow human? Do you remember the days in New York, when dreams were made through nightmarish sounds of slaves being whipped, being raped, being sold and bought my friend. Times change my fellow human; are we not to change with them? Are 300 year old laws still applicable 300 years later my fellow human?

You are not disgusting, You are not brainwashed, I am not Brainwashed. We are of one love, a frequency of peace that resonates. This is not a joke, this is serious love without the business, no business is not needed in this mindset.

It's okay, if not natural to be fearful in a world of predatory behavior. Use logic my friend for creative problems?

Open your eyes, Know Thyself.

We are EYES OPEN, MOUTHS SHUT; FREQUENCIES ESTABLISHED

Refer to solfeggio harmonics; all is sound, there is nothing but sound, light is sound as sound is light. This is the nature of feeling, fellow human.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
disgusting. what country do you live in?

the constitution is the founding document of this nation, and IS STILL the supreme law of the land...

end quote? html needed for

Supreme by the authority of WHOM?

all good things must get better; amendments are made due to errors made in thought, out of love to thwart it's opposite.

All men, inalienable rights... blacks and slavery, slavery and blacks...
still applies this logic does?

3/5th the worth of a man of color skinned pink [white]

Your opinion is not disgusting, it is normal for your mind.

You are intelligent; you are decendant of old, you are now new and understand the nature of time, the bending of teh willow tree in times strong as an oak. You are as I am.

We feel, enough have we THOUGHT.

Your further opinion is OF VALUE and RE-COG-NIZED with SUPREME Authority by YOU and WE, as ME is US.

I am NOT from 300 years ago. I am in CURRENT with a mindSET of FUTURE.

Join US?

isgusting. what country do you live in?

the constitution is the founding document of this nation, and IS STILL the supreme law of the land...

end quote? html needed for nsertion>

all good things must get better; amendments are made due to errors made in thought, out of love to thwart it's opposite.

You are intelligent; you are decendant of old, you are now new and understand the nature of time, the bending of teh willow tree in times strong as an oak. You are as I am.

Your further opinion is OF VALUE and RE-COG-NIZED with SUPREME Authority by YOU and WE, as ME is US.

Join US?
edit on 31-1-2013 by OldSkullJedi because: Errors made in HYPERtextMARKupLINGUISTICS
isgusting. what country do you live in?

end quote? html needed for nsertion>

Join US?
edit on 31-1-2013 by OldSkullJedi because: many errors made in HYPERtextMARKupLANGUSEAGE

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Amen to that. Thats why I worry the Police are getting more heavily armed even though in theory they are less and less likely to encounter an armed person-i dont think they are buying H&K's to deal with car thieves, so who are the guns going to be used against? That's why my answer is relevant to the OP-If I had a gun, i dont see the Police escalating to buying tanks or flamethrowers.
The british government have brainwashed everyone into believing these things are for their own good, but its a false analogy-the maniac who kills people with guns would have done the same with a knife or a club, or by setting a building on fire-maybe not as successfully, but who knows. The point is, taking guns off law abiding citizens doesnt cure the psycho's problems any more than me taking an aspirin will cure your headache.
Anyway, keep fighting-dont give up your freedom like we did,
Good luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well put. You should have testified at the senate hearing on assault weapons. You would have done one heck of a better job than gun advocate Gayle Trotter who made a complete and utter fool of herself.

edit on 31/1/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSkullJedi

Lets let go of the rhetoric from long ago which you only have 3rd hand knowledge of . Lets see that there is an Attack on our Constitution and Bill of Rights that is just as pertinent today as it was when it was written if not more . This affects America and the rest of the world as we are the last bastion of resistance against the NWO and Agenda 21 .If you think the Slaves of early America was mistreated read Agenda 21 and see what we are resisting . High capacity high powered guns can resist against your government forcing Agenda 21 on you . Private property, cars , single family dwellings and air conditioning will all be prohibited . Yes Communism will come to the world through the NWO/ United Nations . But first our capability must be reduced to where we can not resist . Obama and Piers Morgan could care less that you might get shot by a 22 cal or even a good BB gun and killed . They just don't want you to be able to resist like people in Afghanistan or in Viet Namn . Look at Canadas allowable guns or Britain where virtually no guns exist . How can the people there say no to their government? A government for the people and by the people . Not a government for the Banksters of the Banksters .

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

riiiight...

Slavery is an outdated, and barbaric practice, that is no longer legal, nor practiced in these united states..

No man owns another, nor has he the right to. The founders knew slavery was inherently wrong, and intended to address it. They never did get around to it, and i know many of them owned slaves, but as i said, they at least acknowledged it was wrong. Please stop bringing it up, it is not a valid argument as to the validity or relevance of the constitution.

it would appear that you COMPLETELY missed the point of what i was saying, and have no intention of actually having a normal conversation with me, so i shall ignore you, and your utter lack of respect for our way of life.....unless, of course, you change your mind, and decide you would like to have an intelligent conversation with me..

good day to you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

wow....

yeah, she was kinda dumb, but that guy...what a COMPLETE a**hole....

"massacre weapons"? can you get any more sensationalist? "Mass murders"? 26 victims passes for mass murder now? Yes, it's a tragedy, on a scale that shouldn't exist, but it was hardly a "massacre", or a "mass murder" the holocaust was mass murder, what saddam did to Kuwait was mass murder...

the shooting in Connecticut was very sad...a tragedy, to be sure...but it was NOT mass murder, or a massacre. and using dead children to push this unconstitutional, unamerican agenda is absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, sickening, and just...evil, full stop..
edit on 1-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

riiiight...

Slavery is an outdated, and barbaric practice, that is no longer legal, nor practiced in these united states..

No man owns another, nor has he the right to. The founders knew slavery was inherently wrong, and intended to address it. They never did get around to it, and i know many of them owned slaves, but as i said, they at least acknowledged it was wrong. Please stop bringing it up, it is not a valid argument as to the validity or relevance of the constitution.

it would appear that you COMPLETELY missed the point of what i was saying, and have no intention of actually having a normal conversation with me, so i shall ignore you, and your utter lack of respect for our way of life.....unless, of course, you change your mind, and decide you would like to have an intelligent conversation with me..

good day to you.

Seems to me to be more morally reprehensible to own slaves while knowing it "was inherently wrong " than to do it thinking it was right.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

wow....

yeah, she was kinda dumb, but that guy...what a COMPLETE a**hole....

"massacre weapons"? can you get any more sensationalist? "Mass murders"? 26 victims passes for mass murder now? Yes, it's a tragedy, on a scale that shouldn't exist, but it was hardly a "massacre", or a "mass murder" the holocaust was mass murder, what saddam did to Kuwait was mass murder...

the shooting in Connecticut was very sad...a tragedy, to be sure...but it was NOT mass murder, or a massacre. and using dead children to push this unconstitutional, unamerican agenda is absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, sickening, and just...evil, full stop..
edit on 1-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

You don't think gunning down 26 human beings, mostly children, was " absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, sickening and just evil... full stop. " ?

If that wasn't "mass murder" then the English language has changed drastically without me noticing.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
Seems to me to be more morally reprehensible to own slaves while knowing it "was inherently wrong " than to do it thinking it was right.

Be that as it may, one must understand the situation, political climate, and disposition of the people of the colonies at that time, to understand why slavery was not abolished with the constitution, and bill of rights.

it was intended that the congress would address the issue of slavery at a later time, because it would have hindered ratification, and thus invalidated all the work (war, loss of lives) that had been done to break free from england.

we are not here to debate the intentions of the founders with regards to slavery, though...so i would request that this topic be tabled, and not touched upon again, as it only serves to derail the thread..

You don't think gunning down 26 human beings, mostly children, was " absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, sickening and just evil... full stop. " ?

Show me where i ever said that?

If that wasn't "mass murder" then the English language has changed drastically without me noticing.

you know exactly what i mean. you are attempting to use semantics as a red herring....please stop that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

OK, forget the slaves; but I think it is worth remembering that the authors of the Bill of Rights (USA) lived in a totally different world from today.

My objection to your adjectives , "absolutely disgusting " etc is that you were using them to describe gun control arguments at the same time as trying to minimise the actual killings. Hopefully nothing will ever equal the holocaust but I don't think many people will not recognize 26 killings at one time as mass murder.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

My objection to your adjectives , "absolutely disgusting " etc is that you were using them to describe gun control arguments at the same time as trying to minimise the actual killings.

I'm not trying to minimize anything..i'm simply trying to put things in perspective, use sane language, and get away from all the inflammatory, sensationalist, hype language ("mass murder", "butchered", "bloodbath", "massacre", etc), that serves no purpose other than to create fear and panic, in an attempt to sway public opinion VIA an appeal to emotion...

my motto, is "speak plainly, or not at all"

i think we can both agree on the moral bankruptcy, and outright shameful, disgusting nature of using dead children to push this (or any) agenda..

Originally posted by Alfie1Hopefully nothing will ever equal the holocaust but I don't think many people will not recognize 26 killings at one time as mass murder.

Because they live in a different time from when REAL mass murders happened. What happened was, as i said, extremely tragic, and completely unnecessary..but all this business with the media hyping the event, and using sensationalist buzz words to scare people does nothing to help the situation, or address the actual conditions that allow events like it to occur.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have no interest in addressing politicians. They are too dumb or too corrupt to try to use reason with them. I find talking to the people is far more fruitful.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I have no interest in addressing politicians. They are too dumb or too corrupt to try to use reason with them. I find talking to the people is far more fruitful.

unfortunately, they get you the air time you need to talk to more of the people than you would normally ever be able to...

would be awesome if someone with a brain, some common sense, and charisma could use these morons to get themselves on national television, and make them look foolish in front of the american people....idiots like her kinda hurt the cause...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Let America take care of their business . You people did not impress me with your WW1 and 2 failures which both times we saved your bacon .

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Alfie1

Let America take care of their business . You people did not impress me with your WW1 and 2 failures which both times we saved your bacon .

sheesh, dont go down that route, this thread is hard enough to read with a straight face already... stick to the topic folks.

now, it's an "interesting" read here thats for sure, but it would be great if some folk could say "why they need their auto rifle etc" without it seeming that they are in some collective ego/something else massaging exercise.

anyways, dont mind me, not that you will or should.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

why i need mine? to answer the call to arms should a conch shell sound in the distance.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

No worries geezer, I know you'm tooled up and ready to roll, when the great gong in the sky goes kerbong and all that.
May your beard grow ever longer and may the seed of your loin grow fruitful in the belly of your woman

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

still in our salad days, adventuring, crafting, celebrating every moment.
edit on 4-2-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Homeland Security has ordered 7000 full auto AR 15s and tons of Ammo. They are staging ammo and armored trucks around America now . We are about to see why we need AR 15s even though they are simi auto. We know that China has backed their YAUN with Gold and the Dollar is about to collapse . When that happens our economy will collapse . I hope you saved some food because bullets are hard to chew .And if you have food you will have to protect it .

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join