It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Need an AR or AK?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Ya I've heard that a few of those were false, manufactured, or edited. However regardless I still agree with them regardless of who said it. So although some may not be true I have no doubt that the founding fathers wanted us to be armed to keep what happened to them from happening to us. It's up for debate obviously but honestly as our rights seem to creep away and more and more regulation is fed into our lives. One has to ask them self if it will be up for debate in 20 years or will this website even exist anymore due to increasingly strict rules on talking out against the current regime?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Even unloaded, it has a certain psychological value.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Shouldn't you be trying to get your country together rather than use scare tactics and claims of imminent civil war?
No offense, but it sounds like a lot of you people want to go to war with yourselves.
Do you have any idea how stupid that would be? Or have you thought about that?

Btw sorry, but its not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So an AR or an AK is going to stop an M1 Abrams or a Stealth Bomber?
reply to post by xedocodex

They have all that you listed and more in Afghanistan......
but guess what... They still have not defeated the resistance.

They had all types of fancy stuff in Vietnam...
Did everyone just simply lay down their guns and say....
Oh mighty US gubberment you have brought in the planes and tanks so we are just going to give up.

Dropping million dollar bombs from a 500 million planes gets really expensive and not very effective when your target is always on the move and they dont move in large numbers.

Plus how long into a resistance would it take before the other side captures some of your tech or people on one side venture to the other and bring their goodies with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Shouldn't you be trying to get your country together rather than use scare tactics and claims of imminent civil war?
No offense, but it sounds like a lot of you people want to go to war with yourselves.
Do you have any idea how stupid that would be? Or have you thought about that?

Btw sorry, but its not gonna happen.

Where is my claim of imminent civil war?
You really think that I or anyone else in this country want to kill our fellow countrymen?

Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Seriously? Your post reeks of "They are coming for us" propaganda, with a touch of (I kick some serious ass"
Arrogace comes to mind, and a fear for your own government (which is run by your fellow countrymen.)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

The globalists that run our government don't care about America. They care about power and their one world government dream.

I believe that the people who are running this country into the ground are dangerous to liberty and dangerous to peace and prosperity.

If the past is any indication, the future they are creating, the conflicts they plant the seeds of, are all too predictable.

Say what you want about me. But after everything that has happened..I think its time to ring a few alarm bells.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

OP thank you for your service. I live near a base in southern IN which is the last stop for many troops before they are deployed and I hope many if not all of them share your insights and beliefs. The way things are going I have more fear of our government than any foreign enemy. Just think about what we have had dumped on us the last 10 years, they spy on us with Patriot Act, with NDAA they can detain us for any made up reason, Obamacare is making us dependent on them for health care, now they want our guns. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Good luck and God bless to all.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Enigma13 because: spelling duh

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

AK is good if your a third world amature, with no training, but if you know how to shoot properly, the m-16 is the greatest rifle ever created. The ak is highly inaccurate, and will not serve you well in open field combat. The m-16 and its various versions are used by all the highest trained US military outfits for a reason. I have used and own one, it is the most accurate combat rifle in the world.

You must be the first person to have ever stated such lunacy. There are pros and cons to each weapon but overall I prefer the ak-47 and would not trade it for any known automatic. I don't have much love for automatics to begin with, except for the 3 round burst option.

ak-47 shoots a bigger caliber bullet than the m-16 and has somewhat of a shorter range. It is more durable which means it can take abuse better(not that abusing guns is a good idea in the first place). It is also less demanding in terms of maintainance, because it has less functioning parts.

m-16 is more modular which means it can accept lots of gadgets. It has a significant distance advantage because it shoots a much smaller bullet. Smaller bullets need less energy(thus also less recoil to the shooter) to travel the same distance and beyond.

For snipping both are lousy. You need a bolt action rifle preferrably with a scope and a noise suppressor attached. One shoot equals at least one kill. I am talking about long range shooting out to 1500 meters. Without a noise supressor and a longer barrel some models can reach 3000 meters with precise wind direction, wind speed, ground curvature computed.
edit on 30/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Home land Security has just purchased 7000 full auto AR's and is positioning ammo shipping containers in areas for quick resupply also their armored trucks . Something big is about to happen . Really big ! I have seen some of this in FL . They have also ordered more ammo in war time proportions . Ammo and guns are great but bullets are really hard to chew . Hope you have some non perishable vittles to survive on .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Reasons you need one of them from the point of view of a UK citizen;

1. If you give up the right to an assault rifle, next it will be handguns, then full bore rifles, then shotguns, until you reach the stage we are in, where our olympic shooters have to leave the country to train (seriously). Strangely, as this has happened, our Police have gained weapons-now instead of just having pistols, they have everything up to full auto, and last year the Metropolitan Police suggested they needed belt fed machine guns!!

2. In SHTF situation it gives you a psychological crutch-an unarmed man facing an armed man wont stand up for himself. An armed man will, even if the other has a better gun.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lawman27

I find it hard to believe that in the UK and Austraila and Canada that people are considered uncapable of having guns because of a few idiots or FALSE FLAG disasters . I believe that some one from the UK can manage a highpowered high capacity weapon . The Government has their motives for disarming their people . They want to impose what ever on the people and then face off with them with the only guns in the crowd .The one thing I don't understand is how did the government fool the people into believing they could not be trusted with guns . The crooks still have them .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lawman27

I bet someone is going to have an accident with their fork and knife and we are going to see tableware banned too. The naivety of the british people is staggering.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ARa are marksman rifles, very accurate. AK-47s are not as accurate but the things will never jam, in mud, ice, etc. When you hear that Afghans are undisciplined fighters because the fire off their whole clip at once, that's not quite the case. You need to spray a whole clip to hit something.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We are in trouble in America . We are concentrating on guns and our Constitution and Bill of Rights is the Globalist Dictators main target .Without our guns we will not be able to disrupt the coup . The UN has soldiers who are armed to the teeth that has no problem killing us . They have no loyalty to this country like someone else who thinks he is my president . And that was demonstrated by Obama for not saluting our flag or showing patriotism for America that I could see .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
We are in trouble in America . We are concentrating on guns and our Constitution and Bill of Rights is the Globalist Dictators main target .Without our guns we will not be able to disrupt the coup . The UN has soldiers who are armed to the teeth that has no problem killing us . They have no loyalty to this country like someone else who thinks he is my president . And that was demonstrated by Obama for not saluting our flag or showing patriotism for America that I could see .

...Worry about the Chinese. Not the U/N.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

The Chinese do not want America to fall they would loose big time . The UN might want us to fall though . We would likely bring down China with us . The Mark of the Beast will then come to be with a world collapse . The Elite /UN ? Globalist would come out with more power as they have the gold .

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

In England it was easy all it took was hits on Schools.
We aren't fooled by such madness being created by a tool but the user. All of whom so far are breaking various laws to accomplish their mayhem,new ones won't fix that.
And lastly, it is part of American culture to appear arrogant and warlike.We aren't really like that and we don't want it but many seek to minimalize or forget this as they continue to push to more dangerously progressive levels.
If you doubt me remember we haven't seen a full blown assault yet in this country. Just average shooters.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When folks begin quoting the constitution; remember this is a good blueprint initially; however, times change. We are not living 300 years ago, blacks are not slaves and we can't keep pointing to a document written so long ago it is not applicable for the 21st Century. We DO NOT need assault style weapons. The term ASSAULT denotes a weapon which is to be used for what? There ya go, now you're thinking like a 21st Century Citizen. If you like to hunt, there are HUNTING weapons available. Well regulated Militia? For what... to overthrow the government? That's paranoid thinking. If you knew anything about virology; you may understand that not a single bullet will defeat "IF the government wanted to" a single germ. It's simple logic really. No, the answer is no, we don't need assault weapons, and if you have better logic than mine, please, bring it to the table. Wanna live by a 300 year old document? Go back in time with Mr. Titor and live in a world where the color of your skin dictated your worth as a human being in a land bought and sold by wealthy sociopathes who lacked empathy and compassion. Low frequency thinkers if you will.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldSkullJedi
reply to post by Hefficide

When folks begin quoting the constitution; remember this is a good blueprint initially; however, times change. We are not living 300 years ago, blacks are not slaves and we can't keep pointing to a document written so long ago it is not applicable for the 21st Century. We DO NOT need assault style weapons. The term ASSAULT denotes a weapon which is to be used for what? There ya go, now you're thinking like a 21st Century Citizen. If you like to hunt, there are HUNTING weapons available. Well regulated Militia? For what... to overthrow the government? That's paranoid thinking. If you knew anything about virology; you may understand that not a single bullet will defeat "IF the government wanted to" a single germ. It's simple logic really. No, the answer is no, we don't need assault weapons, and if you have better logic than mine, please, bring it to the table. Wanna live by a 300 year old document? Go back in time with Mr. Titor and live in a world where the color of your skin dictated your worth as a human being in a land bought and sold by wealthy sociopathes who lacked empathy and compassion. Low frequency thinkers if you will.

disgusting. what country do you live in?

the constitution is the founding document of this nation, and IS STILL the supreme law of the land...it is not some nostalgic document from antiquity that is quoted for the hell of it...it is quoted, constantly, as a reminder, because it is the law...too many people have forgotten that..

the constitution is JUST as applicable today, as it was the day it was written. the principles of liberty, human rights, and equal justice under law are NEVER outdated concepts...unless you're a communist, or a fan of fascism

you've obviously never read the constitution and bill of rights...if you're not a citizen of these united states, then that's completely understandable...if you ARE a citizen, then shame on you....it is all laid out in perfectly understandable language exactly what each item in the bill of rights is for, what it means, and is completely impossible to misunderstand, so long as you posses sufficient intelligence to read, and comprehend. I say everything in this paragraph, because you seem to not be understanding what the items mean...

given your ignorance of firearms, and willingness to lap up the MSM's kool-aid about "scary black assault guns", im sure there's no way to get you to listen to reason...i can only hope that you would be willing to engage me in intelligent debate on the topic, that i might help you to understand better..

i still believe your above statements show a level of ignorance, and naivete that is dangerous..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join