It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Need an AR or AK?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I remember reading years ago in some newspaper that only 10% of the containers are scanned for illegal objects by the port authority. That means there is a 90% chance some container will never get inspected and its payload delivered to the customer.

It is also known that organised crime families have a huge say in what passes inspection. How much oil would it take to grease the necessary folks to give the ok? No money equals no favors? I guess if you are a high level capitalist with millions, billions, trillions to spare then bribing folks is pocket change.

You try to sneak small amounts of narcotics through airport customs, the dogs will go crazy, and you would be serving many years behind bars.
edit on 28/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by Camperguy

Did Timothey McVeigh have a military need to attack the FBI building ... yes the actions at Waco showed him that the FBI had attacked civilians using military equipment and that was not proportional .

I think people would have to be more creative than semi autos when homeland security forces come rolling up to their houses in armoured personal carriers. Tactics used against us in vietnam and the middle east would be something to be interested in, if it gets that bad.

Bill

edit on 28-1-2013 by Camperguy because: repost

Hoping we don't have to find out what tactics are necessary (McVeigh was a nutball, sorry it is the way I see it). In that scenario there is no right, and there are no winners, certain lines should never be crossed in the name of "winning".

I agree it was extreme but killing 76 people at Waco to serve a search and arrest warrant was also extreme,considering they had the chance to pick up Koresh in town by himself.

Bill

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Did Timothey McVeigh have a military need to attack the FBI building ... yes the actions at Waco showed him that the FBI had attacked civilians using military equipment and that was not proportional .

I think people would have to be more creative than semi autos when homeland security forces come rolling up to their houses in armoured personal carriers. Tactics used against us in vietnam and the middle east would be something to be interested in, if it gets that bad.

Bill

edit on 28-1-2013 by Camperguy because: repost

Hoping we don't have to find out what tactics are necessary (McVeigh was a nutball, sorry it is the way I see it). In that scenario there is no right, and there are no winners, certain lines should never be crossed in the name of "winning".

I agree it was extreme but killing 76 people at Waco to serve a search and arrest warrant was also extreme,considering they had the chance to pick up Koresh in town by himself.

Bill

I don't advocate what the Feds did either, like I said some lines should not be crossed in the name of "winning".
Evil exists everywhere and people with positions of power attract it like a moth to flame. What I can't fathom is people who do the gruntwork of atrocities and justify it with the phrase "I was just following orders."
edit on 28-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I remember reading years ago in some newspaper that only 10% of the containers are scanned for illegal objects by the port authority. That means there is a 90% chance some container will never get inspected and its payload delivered to the customer.

It is also known that organised crime families have a huge say in what passes inspection. How much oil would it take to grease the necessary folks to give the ok? No money equals no favors? I guess if you are a high level capitalist with millions, billions, trillions to spare then bribing folks is pocket change.

You try to sneak small amounts of narcotics through airport customs, the dogs will go crazy, and you would be serving many years behind bars.
edit on 28/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

It all boils down to who you know and how much your portfolio is valued at.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why would you need an AR or AK, when you can have this...............

Geeesh!
edit on 28-1-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

touche, I can't refute that logic lmao

Where do I get my own pack of signs so I can be protected as well haha

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

AK is good if your a third world amature, with no training, but if you know how to shoot properly, the m-16 is the greatest rifle ever created. The ak is highly inaccurate, and will not serve you well in open field combat. The m-16 and its various versions are used by all the highest trained US military outfits for a reason. I have used and own one, it is the most accurate combat rifle in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Well my friend, you can just do what I did.

If you have Photoshop, (or even Windows Paint), you can put together your own signs.

I have about 15 of those babies all around my property! There's no way in hell anyone’s going to come and murder, rape, or pillage my property and/or family!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I even have a couple of those babies on my car....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

If you have Photoshop, (or even Windows Paint), you can put together your own signs.

I have about 15 of those babies all around my property! There's no way in hell anyone’s going to come and murder, rape, or pillage my property and/or family!

Absolutely, I will have to get on that so I can know the luxury of sleeping well at night.

And who would break into your car with such signs, nothing says "This guy means Business!!" like a well crafted Gun Free Zone sign "It says I am not afraid of nuthin'!!!"

edit on 28-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Alfie1
The trouble with the quotes you gave is that I can't find any reliable sources for them. The Thomas Jefferson society cannot find any evidence that he said anything about tyrannical government and opposing it with arms.

The first Jefferson quote, I edited due to the fact that it can't be proven those were his words.

The second Jefferson quote you can find at the Library of Congress:

www.loc.gov...

The Lincoln quote is from his first inaugural address. I'm sure if you look again, you'll find it.

Thanks for link to Jefferson letter of 1787. Am I right in thinking therefore that you accept the often attributed statement to Jefferson of " to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " is spurious ?

The letter is somewhat sympathetic to a rebellion in Massachusets which he attribures to the ignorance of the people. But he seems mainly concerned with putting over that one rebellion in one state over some years is no big deal. It was written a few years before the 2nd Amendment so if he considered armed rebellion to be desirable for liberty he could no doubt have seen that it was explicitly referred to in the 2nd, which of course he didn't.

I still can't find your Abraham Lincoln quote but we have now moved on 70 years from the 2nd Amendment anyway. I do find it strange that Lincoln should have said anything about the removal of government by revolutionary forces when he spent his whole presidency fighting southern rebellion. He did say this in his first inaugral speech " It follows from these views that no State upon its own mere motion can lawfully get out of the Union; that resolves and ordinances to that effect are legally void, and that acts of violence within any State or States against the authority of the United States are insurrectionary or revolutionary, according to circumstances." If you can point out just where Lincoln said your quote in his speech I would be grateful.

So far, I have seen nothing to justify that the 2nd Amendment has anything to do with armed resistance to government beyond wishful thinking.

"what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? LET THEM TAKE ARMS. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them"

Really? You have a question on the founders intent in this statement? "Let them take arms" is a specific reference to guns.

"the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants"

" patriots & tyrants" is a reference to people vs government, surely you dont believe Jefferson means kill with knives and forks. How is this confusing? His intent on arming the people vs the government isnt really a question. He clearly saw the government as a threat.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

First, thank you for your service and sacrifices!
And your question was answered even before your first response. I
saw you unwilling to follow an immoral, illegal or unconstitutional
order. Your civilian population couldn't hope for better protection,
and I for one among numerous others gotcher six. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Absolutely, I will have to get on that so I can know the luxury of sleeping well at night.

And who would break into your car with such signs, nothing says "This guy means Business!!" like a well crafted Gun Free Zone sign "It says I am not afraid of nuthin'!!!"

edit on 28-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)
I had tears in my eyes on that one!
!
!

My wife is making the stickers as we speak!

We’re jumping up and down with joy right now, thinking about all the money we’re going to have once we turn our guns into the feds!

2 words my friend….TGI Fridays!

Edit: My wife has just finished the first stickers, and am now putting them on our kids lunch boxes!

We're prepping, and will be all secure come tomorrow...!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why do we need ObamaCare?
Why do we need same sex marriage?
Why do we need Planned Parenthood?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I had tears in my eyes on that one!
!
!

My wife is making the stickers as we speak!

We’re jumping up and down with joy right now, thinking about all the money we’re going to have once we turn our guns into the feds!

2 words my friend….TGI Fridays!

Edit: My wife has just finished the first stickers, and am now putting them on our kids lunch boxes!

We're prepping, and will be all secure come tomorrow...!

Well I don't know about you but I gotta print thousands of them, I want my whole community to feel the safety and security that naturally comes with the display of those words whose logic is irrefutable!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well spoken! You seem to be the old-school type of service member, the type I saw WAY back when I was in. The type that was more common when my husband went active. The same type that seems more and more the exception, rather than the rule. You are so right that there are changes in the works. The military isn't what it used to be, and in a few years, might not be anything like it is supposed to be. And, yes, resisting an armed force led by a tyrannical government is THE reason we should be able to own such weaponry, and THE reason that some want to prevent us from doing so.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver
Why do you think there has been no budget for the last 4 years, going 5 years? So they spend like drunken sailors with no accountability. Why are they letting gays and women in the military? Coupled with mandatory budget cuts, it will fall apart slowly. How did a obvious habitual liar that failed at everything win a second term?
By elite sponsored voter fraud on a mass scale.

i agree with most of what you said in this post, but i must take issue with the above statement, specifically the bit about gays and women..

gays and women are not JUST now being allowed to serve...they have been serving for decades. and what exactly is WRONG with gays or women in the United States Armed Forces? gays and women are just as much citizens, as you or i....i find your implication that there is something WRONG with certain citizens being allowed to serve in their country's armed services, rather ignorant, and backwards.

To the OP/Thread Owner: I apologize for the somewhat off-topic nature of this post, and i do not intend to derail the thread, i would just like clarification on this point. Thank you for your service, and the excellent thread... while many may misunderstand the spirit and intent of your opening post, i read you Lima-Charlie

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

AK is good if your a third world amature, with no training, but if you know how to shoot properly, the m-16 is the greatest rifle ever created. The ak is highly inaccurate, and will not serve you well in open field combat. The m-16 and its various versions are used by all the highest trained US military outfits for a reason. I have used and own one, it is the most accurate combat rifle in the world.

throw a little sand, debris, or water in the action, and see how well she cycles....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

This is where the idea came from.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "
Thomas Jefferson
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."
- Joseph Story

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonSpirit2

The trouble with so many of these quotes is that, on investigation, they turn out to be bogus :-

www.guncite.com...

If the 2nd Amendment was so clear about resisting tyranny of government it makes you wonder why some people found it necessary to manufacture the quotes.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join