It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pull up your pants" or Face Fines.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Will you get fined for this aswell ?

edit on 28-1-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
We had the saggy pant law in Virginia beach for awhile..it didn't last long ....I hate seeing kids wearing their pants like that...but the police handed out tickets foe a whole summer here, but then their was an proar and they stopped handing out tickets. We also have the " no swearing" allowed signs posted on the street corners too. The police rarely hand out tickets for that, but they tried ticketing for that for awhile too.

That's what I figured......it won't last long.
Or the cops themselves may find it silly and not pursue any one regarding the issue.

No "swearing" signs? Really?
...............WOW is all I can say.

Some teenagers now a days, all you hear come out of their mouth is @#$%&@$ filth.....it's awful

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Virginia is a commonwealth, not a state, ( so is Massachusetts ) ...and I'm finding they do things alittle differently! Lol! ...but yeah the police will get tired of fighting the saggy pants and losing. That's what happened here. ...unless if they get a kickback for every baggy pants they ticket or something...I know here, they get a kickback for every DUI they get too. ...but the no swearing signs and getting a fine for swearing is a classic, and tourist take their pictures by them all the time!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
personal feeling aside, police states suck, who makes these stupid laws, babylon

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What's ridiculous is walking around looking like an idiot. Idiot gang members can beat up a deaf guy for using sign language and mistaking it for "gang" signs, as is HERE No one should be allowed to display such idiotic behavior such as this. I think it shows a lack of intelligence, personally.

"Hip-hop style". . ..please

edit on 28-1-2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Well, they'll be easy to catch considering there's no way to run with your pants down around your knees.

I always thought the exact same thing!

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with the style even if I was young and in the scene, for one it looks dumb and two, I'd would just prefer to wear my pants the proper way, must be a real hassle to keep them from falling down, especially when running from the cops!

PS, why is this still considered stylish for a very small number of people?
When I see droopy drawers, I just see another dumb kid who thinks he's cool, while looking like a wannabe, but looks like an idiot.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Will you get fined for this aswell ?

edit on 28-1-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

He needs one of these in XXXXXL:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I say ban cleavage if we are going to have these stupid laws, yes and those ignorant overweight people, they are harshing my mellow... sarcasm people, to each there own, nobodies baggy pants are hurting you.. seriously

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Remember at one time a LOT of people thought ruffles, petticoats and knickers were the bee's knees?

Leisure suits. Sweater-vests. Stirrup pants.

Fashion is so retarded. So are people that attempt to impede something like this instead of just letting it run the course.

I mean really, is this any more impractical or ridiculous than anything on a Paris runway?

Now that it's gone full-blown disney it won't be cool for much longer. It's probably peaking out.

This reminds me of the censorship issue in the 80's. A lot of fuss over nothing really.

The irony here is that it is assumed to portray some sort of gangster or thug visage whereas it comes out looking clownish and in no way exhibits the mentality of someone that is ready for "some # to pop off".

edit on 28/1/13 by SlackOps because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's called "saggin" and white folks are the ones who came up with that term for it. Spell it backwards and you'll see. Those crafty white people.
edit on 28-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
always makes smile

edit on 28-1-2013 by deadcatsrule because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

LMAO.......

Where on earth did you find that vid?? Hillarious....
That reminds me of when some old men pull their pants up past their belly button!!
From one extreme to another......

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestorm
I say ban cleavage if we are going to have these stupid laws, yes and those ignorant overweight people, they are harshing my mellow... sarcasm people, to each there own, nobodies baggy pants are hurting you.. seriously

They aren't? Try telling that to the gentleman who had his wrist broken from a 3 car accident caused by one of those idiots who couldn't keep his pants up when crossing the road.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then I wore my pants that way.

I love it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
With all the laws half the population is going to be thrown in the slammer.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Unless they're showing bare asses, I don't see what's wrong with it. Don't see how its a black thing either. Its a silly fashion statement. It doesn't deserve jail time.

It needs to be for both sexes and all races. I'm sick of seeing fake boobs popping out. Why is that ok?
Of course I only say this because I'm female and not sporting double d cups. May I please see parts of your oversized penis' on display?! That never happens. No fair. On display I mean.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Gotta be done....

CX.

Yanking on a guys gun like that you might get a accidental discharge.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
First came hip-huggers. Then the saggers. Now this.

Soon we won't be wearing any pants at all and just drag them around behind us on a rope.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacegod
First came hip-huggers. Then the saggers. Now this.

Soon we won't be wearing any pants at all and just drag them around behind us on a rope.

Now there is a "little person" out there some where without their pants........shame on her!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join