It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Iran nuclear facility, assassinations of military! sabotage? false flag?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dig this?
RT

Instead of going to a full-scale war with Iran over its nuclear program Israel may be satisfied with a US-led operation, says Defense Minister Ehud Barak. Previously Tel Aviv was determined to resolve the issue on its own, if the US refuses to help.
Apparently after the Knesset election this month left the Netanyahu cabinet weakened, Israeli hawks are toning down their war drumming rhetoric. In an interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Barak said the Pentagon had prepared a surgical operation that can be used as a last-ditch measure to slow Iranian progress.
“I used to tell them [American friends], you know, when we are talking about surgical operations we think of a scalpel, you think of a chisel with a 10-pound hammer,” Barak joked as cited by The Daily Beast. But that’s not the case with the plan, he noted. “The Pentagon prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels. So it is not an issue of a major war or a failure to block Iran. You could under a certain situation, if worse comes to worst, end up with a surgical operation.”
Such an operation “will delay [the Iranians] by a significant time frame and probably convince them that it won’t work because the world is determined to block them,” Barak said.

“We of course prefer that some morning we wake up and see that the Arab Spring was translated into Farsi and jumped over the Gulf to the streets of Tehran, but you cannot build a plan on it,” he added.
Israel’s right-wing government under PM Benjamin Netanyahu has been trumpeting war drums for months, saying it is prepared to do anything to stop Iran from building a nuclear weapon and would launch an attack before its own window of opportunity closes. It called on its American allies to draw a red line after which a military action should follow. The pressure antagonized the Barack Obama administration, which refused to sign up for a new major conflict and called for non-military effort.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I cant believe that this story has not got more of a following. This is massive. Even if the blast didnt happen. And Israel saying it has, is pretty dam huge. Keep this thread going, we need ATSers to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've been following this since it happened. If Iran is denying this, does that mean that RSOE is lying? Because it did show up there. I always thought RSOE could be trusted. If the explosion did happen, I think it's terrible. My thoughts are with Iran, and the families of the missing that are in this facility. I live in the United States, and I've never understood why there's all this with Iran, Israel, or the United States. I don't want to be a part of it, and I don't want a war started. If Israel, or the United States did this, what a terrible thing to do.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
White House just denied the event, picked up by Reuters 20 mins ago.

Sorry, on mobile and can't post the link for some reason. Arrgh.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not seeing that anywhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Thanks!

I can't find the White House info online please post when possible!

Like I said before

I feel a big cover-up here

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ok, it's hit the bbc news

Starting to main stream, but not the explosion but the denying

BBC news

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phatdamage
reply to post by aarys

Thanks!

I can't find the White House info online please post when possible!

Like I said before

I feel a big cover-up here

Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States does not believe media reports about an explosion at an Iranian uranium enrichment plant, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Monday.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Which would make sense if the operation was a Black-Op...which Netanyahu was clearly alluding to in previous articles.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Agreed. I find it interesting that the blast was felt 3 miles away and IAF MAY have been seen in the area.

MOAB, anyone?

And as you say, the official comments leave a lot of conclusions to be drawn...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Has this been confirmed yet?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Depends who you ask. White House says no, Isreali intelligence says yes, Iran says no, WND says 'we broke it'.

Bout sums it up at this point

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The US-based website further alleged to have a source that saw, first hand, CCTV footage of the blast.

The account was as follows: "On January 21, 14 members of the North Korean team and two military officers now stationed at Fordo, along with Iranian scientists, started the process of feeding uranium gas into the newly set-up cascades at 9:15 am (Tehran time)."

"At 10:43 am, due to a drop in power pressure, system warning signs went off, but everything went back to normal after two minutes. At 11:36 am, five explosions occurred concurrently in the centrifuge chambers, two explosions in the uranium reserve enclosures and a subsequent explosion in the main hallway close to the exit.

"At the time of the explosions, a very bright red and purple light distorted the image and an extremely loud noise could be heard," the account continues. "Before the explosions knocked out the cameras, interior walls could be seen coming down within the centrifuge chambers. All the explosions seemed to have been initiated from the ceilings."

The force of the blast knocked out all of the cameras on the facility's lowest level, which is about 300 feet underground, as well as those on the floor above it, WND claimed.

Other cameras soon malfunctioned, and according to the website, "The last images show eight personnel in anti-radiation clothing trying desperately to secure one of the rooms."

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Another source in the Intelligence Ministry said that in a meeting Monday among top officials, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, it was decided that the international community would be kept in the dark about the disaster because any validation would undermine their current negotiating power with the 5+1 world powers.

It would also undermine the regime from within should Iranians react to its illicit nuclear activity and the international sanctions it caused, which are being felt deeply.

The source added that the regime is contemplating showing old images of the interior of the site to buy time until it can accurately estimate the extent of damage and possible loss of lives. Ahmadinejad will hold a parliamentary meeting behind closed doors on this issue on Thursday.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So they screwed up the process or were they sabotaged?

A red and purple light?

Hmm, the footage quote makes sense as i imagine that site would be remotely monitored. It is still a toss up though.

America?
Israel?
Accident?
Non-Story?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We may soon be beyond the point of no return here.

We'll see...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

So they screwed up the process or were they sabotaged?

The fact that they saw all five explosions come from the ceiling or ceiling lamps, it looks like sabotage to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

So they say nothing happened. So its getting very confusing. Israel media are now silent on this matter. Maybe It didnt happen and eggs on there face.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ok so I have a satellite picture here. Is this a massive shadow or smoke? Also see the crumbly walls on the far left? Was this from erosion or an explosion?

Update - Ok the crumbly walls were there in 2009. So what about the large dark area?

edit on 29-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hmmm well i imagine the easiest way to check that would be to compare the date/time of the picture with weather satellite info?

Seems like a very well timed cloud, but without any sense of time for when this pic was taken it is just a dark spot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join