It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest lesson on gun safety my father ever taught me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
This was my first rule I learned growing up, and because of the rule I still get extremely jumpy anytime the trigger pull part of field stripping my glock comes into play. I don't know why, but for some reason tmy head tells me a magical bullet is going to find its way into the chamber, although I have already checked 3-4 times.

I will say that the gun is always loaded way the most distinct and important rule I learned on gun safety thoug

ETA: I should probably note that I am 24 years old, so would probably be considered in the "newer" generation.
edit on 27-1-2013 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

I'm 24 as well.

Glad to know there's more of us out there!

When I was younger I had a few friends who thought it was funny to point an 'unloaded' gun (be it a BB gun, pellet gun or more) right at me because I would get super pissed. It wasn't funny. Still isn't.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hope you all don't mind me posting my two cents worth. The tradition of a father or grandfather teaching his son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter the proper use of a firearm is going the way of the dinosaur. I am from the south and teaching your child the safe way to be around firearms and the proper way to conduct ones self when a firearm is involved is really woven into the fabric of our lives. A tradition .

I was ten years old when my dad bought me my first firearm. It was a 410 gauge shotgun, bolt action. That little shotgun still sits in my closet. It was the very gun my son & daughter shot for the first time, the very firearm I used to teach them the proper way. Just as a dad teaches his son how to throw a baseball and swing a bat, here in the south firearms as I said are woven into the fabric of our daily lives.

My children are grown now, my daughter is 27 and she shoots tighter groups than me at 25 yards. And that's with a little 9mm . My son is just a good. Keep this tradition alive folks, it really really does matter.....a lot,

<< 1   >>

join