It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handing over to wife, she has a question to ask about embroidery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mods please feel free to move this thread,
Hi guys
the wife has a question to ask and it's well beyond my understanding, good luck.
Can anyone recommend a digitising programme for converting images (pictures, photos, drawings, scanned images) into an embroidery machine file for stitching. I have a programme (eMBIRD) that can edit already digitsed files but am looking to convert a non-embroidery file picture into something I use on my embroidery machine. My machine is an ELNA, it uses Janome or *.SEW files and other files that are already digitised for the most popular other brands (Brother, Husqvarna, Bernina etc).

Preferably looking for free software (!) but interested in recommendations. Thank you.
Mrs Cody

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Any of these any good to you?

link

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Hang on just loosening the chains 'ducks'
Running

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks, it will take me some time to browse the info you've sent but thanks for looking.
I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Mods please feel free to move this thread,
Hi guys
the wife has a question to ask and it's well beyond my understanding, good luck.
Can anyone recommend a digitising programme for converting images (pictures, photos, drawings, scanned images) into an embroidery machine file for stitching. I have a programme (eMBIRD) that can edit already digitsed files but am looking to convert a non-embroidery file picture into something I use on my embroidery machine. My machine is an ELNA, it uses Janome or *.SEW files and other files that are already digitised for the most popular other brands (Brother, Husqvarna, Bernina etc).

Preferably looking for free software (!) but interested in recommendations. Thank you.
Mrs Cody

Sorry, I can't help you out but what a thread title. Made my day!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
LOL this "Thread" title had me in "Stitches"!

Corny i know but had to put that one in

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

yes, corny but it gave me a great laugh.

When I 'tie up the loose threads' (finish browsing the suggestions) Mr Cody might get his avatar on his t-shirt .... or he might get his wife's beautiful face instead

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You are welcome, hope you manage to find something that works for you

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Thankyou for the effort

Cody wants his computer back now I'm off to my laptop, typical man

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

To Cody,s wife; The software you are looking for is called Photostitch. There are a few free programs on the net but I do not now how well they work. If you already have Embird software they have a add on called Stufamo or something like that, but it is $90.00. If you plan on using this part of the software alot it would be wise to purchase it as it integrates well with the Embird program. If you are just gong to go with a one time design then I would recommend using the services of a professional digitizer. If you want to go that route then I can recommend a few that can do it for a reasonable price. Hope this helps a bit.

top topics

join