It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 degrees in January is NOT okay with me

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Fraser Valley is having a mild January, rain not snow, and above zero, ie 3.5 C/38.3 F, but its not alot different than other years oddly enough.

So some areas are heated up and others just milder.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

As far as drought, my corner of the state wasn't part of the drought this year- in fact rainfall has been overly abundant. That also is normal for Texas- depending on what part of the state you live in. Mowing the yard in January isn't fun, but it's part of the package and some years it's just necessary.

Seems like East Texas gets plenty of rain.....

We've got our 5th wheel at our friend's property in Louisiana and it does seem milder than usual for this time of year.
Can't really complain tho, it's nice....

But I do feel for those people up north...........brrrrr

I don't do cold weather at all....nor the wind that accompanies it.

I have to work out in it and over the years, I just have gotten where I can't stand the cold.
I guess I've paid my dues, one might say.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

REally? is that why your scientific "community" ahve been caught time and agian LYING, publishing false information, and attempting to stop any research that shows how much of a farce your RELIGION is?...

If there was ANY truth about Anthropogenic Global Warming, why do Mann, Jones, Hansen et al have to LIE, and try to stop every research that goes against their BELIEFS?...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Tell me about it! I was wearing shorts at home this time last week then flew to Virginia to see my husband and it has been ice and snow here! Thank goodness we're flying home tomorrow- me and the grandgirl have had enough of the cold. Nice place to visit, but you know....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chenjesu

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by Mamatus

The discussion is about the effect of co2 though and not the urban heat island effect which the pro warmists loves to ignore when us skeptics bring it up.

The so called consensus claims that this effect is too weak to even affect weather stations even though they are pretty much sitting right ontop black asphalt.

And again co2 is not pollution.
I would also like to see anyone explain why co2 is mostly lagging behind temperatures and not the other way. I would also like to know why we had ice ages starting even when co2 levels was in thousands of ppm range which is supposed to be way higher than what is supposed to cause a runaway greenhouse effect.

There is just no evidence for the current warming being mostly from co2.
And now we got yet another study that contradict previous claims: link

I don't usually post here, i come here to lurk and read news i can't find elsewhere. I'm on neither side of this argument as i believe its both the fault of humans and nature that climate change exists.

But i digress...

Your so called source is a BLOG hosted by some low ranking meteorologist. Hes not even a certified broadcast meteorologist. I guess we can use posts from ATS or hell even 4chan as sources now.

Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries.

Nice source LOL

edit on 27-1-2013 by chenjesu because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2013 by chenjesu because: /quote type and adding edit line.

So you go attack the messenger now?? If you actually read the actual article you would discover that this was a Norwegian study done by the universitiy of Oslo. Wattsupwiththat just passed it on just like they do with most studies. This is just so typical of you warmists.. Meanwhile you people hang out on blogs like realclimate that even CENSORS any critical voice that goes against their agenda. Even though watts is a biased person his blog is way less biased than any of the popular warmist sites.

Next time read the actual article and check the source before you respond. This study has been reported by mainstream media as well.

Is this a better source for you??? link[ editby]edit on 28-1-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You know why it's bothersome to have a mild winter? Here in Oklahoma we have a lot of farmers that depend on that winter to kill off bugs so they don't destroy the crops. Of course, we could just plaster a bunch of pesticide all over the food we eat. I guess poisoned food is better than no food

edit on 28-1-2013 by Violetshy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Juleio said "Meanwhile you people hang out on blogs like realclimate that even CENSORS any critical voice that goes against their agenda.

Got a news flash for you, I don't read ANY blogs. I actually know people that are responsible for you being able to get fresh drinking water. And just because a study was done by a university does not make it true. Science at all levels generally comes to the conclusions that the folks that pay for the study want. This is the same for BOTH side of the Climate argument.

Follow the money, tell me WHO funded the study. I won't bother as I already know the reality. Climate is changing, bigger storms, drought where there was water, water where there was drought. This can't be denied by anyone that has half a brain...... Argue about the cause all you want.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I recently saw on the weather channel where they stated that Corpus Christi TX was going to have another hot day, 90 degrees on Tuesday, and the record was broken at 91 degrees on Jan 30 1971. I guess weather happens!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sit back and enjoy the weather you say? Now we're in a tornado watch, and the storms are rolling in. It's impossible to relax when you have a chance of tornadoes, ping pong size hail, and winds up to 60 mph. This is why I hate living in Oklahoma(among a thousand other things). Got my kids shoes on in case we have to run to the shelter. No fun. Think that's weird, tornadoes in winter? While its been in the upper 70's all week, Northern OKlahoma is gonna have a chance of snow. So snow and spring weather all in the same week. Drives me crazy.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
80 here in New Orleans.....a front coming through so maybe some bad weather later....but wow...it's been nice here, although too warm for January! Psssst....been gone dealing with life sojust want to say hi to all my friends here if you see this

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join