It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 degrees in January is NOT okay with me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Where I am, in the lower upper (he) MidWest, it's been 20's, teens, and single digits. But I see on weatherchannel website for my zipcode, it will be about one shy of -60- ! Something has got to buckle from that. (newmadrid?)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hey, if you don't want that weather how about giving Canada some of that warm weather....been freezing here for the past week.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I just saw on the 10 day outlook forecast, that (for me in my location) on Teusday, it will be near 60, like I said, but on Thursday, it will be........only 18!!!
Crazy!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by Mamatus

The discussion is about the effect of co2 though and not the urban heat island effect which the pro warmists loves to ignore when us skeptics bring it up.

The so called consensus claims that this effect is too weak to even affect weather stations even though they are pretty much sitting right ontop black asphalt.

And again co2 is not pollution.
I would also like to see anyone explain why co2 is mostly lagging behind temperatures and not the other way. I would also like to know why we had ice ages starting even when co2 levels was in thousands of ppm range which is supposed to be way higher than what is supposed to cause a runaway greenhouse effect.

There is just no evidence for the current warming being mostly from co2.
And now we got yet another study that contradict previous claims: link

I don't usually post here, i come here to lurk and read news i can't find elsewhere. I'm on neither side of this argument as i believe its both the fault of humans and nature that climate change exists.

But i digress...

Your so called source is a BLOG hosted by some low ranking meteorologist. Hes not even a certified broadcast meteorologist. I guess we can use posts from ATS or hell even 4chan as sources now.

Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries.

Nice source LOL

edit on 27-1-2013 by chenjesu because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2013 by chenjesu because: /quote type and adding edit line.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Count your blessings, it has been below freezing in Maryland for the last week. The earths climate changes regardless of what we humans do. Antarctica used to be ice free, and full of life for example.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chenjesu

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by Mamatus

The discussion is about the effect of co2 though and not the urban heat island effect which the pro warmists loves to ignore when us skeptics bring it up.

The so called consensus claims that this effect is too weak to even affect weather stations even though they are pretty much sitting right ontop black asphalt.

And again co2 is not pollution.
I would also like to see anyone explain why co2 is mostly lagging behind temperatures and not the other way. I would also like to know why we had ice ages starting even when co2 levels was in thousands of ppm range which is supposed to be way higher than what is supposed to cause a runaway greenhouse effect.

There is just no evidence for the current warming being mostly from co2.
And now we got yet another study that contradict previous claims: link

I don't usually post here, i come here to lurk and read news i can't find elsewhere. I'm on neither side of this argument as i believe its both the fault of humans and nature that climate change exists.

But i digress...

Your so called source is a BLOG hosted by some low ranking meteorologist. Hes not even a certified broadcast meteorologist. I guess we can use posts from ATS or hell even 4chan as sources now.

Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries.

Nice source LOL

edit on 27-1-2013 by chenjesu because: /quote type and adding edit line.

And the same thing can be said about you right. So WTH do you know about anything? Nothin.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Extreme weather is nothing new, it has most likely been going on since the birth of the planet and will continue that way until the end.

A few weeks ago I posted this thread about a 49 degree fluctuation in 2 minutes from 1943

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's been unusually warm down here in South Texas lately (I'm in Katy - about 20 minutes from Houston). Our A/C went out a couple of months ago and we didn't think we would need to get it fixed for at least another month or so. Boy, were we wrong, haha. It's been 80+ for most of the week. I even got my first sunburn of the year yesterday from working out in the backyard! We're thinking of going ahead and planting all of our flowers and whatnot, but knowing our luck, we would get hit with one last freeze of the season.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I'm sitting here, seeing ice hanging off the trees as I type. A regional warm snap does not a global warming trend make. I'd be happy to have a bit more heat here right now. When is this alleged "global warming" going to hit my neck of the woods? It would be a relief!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And the same thing can be said about you right. So WTH do you know about anything? Nothin.

You are discrediting my discreditation by saying LOL NO YOUR WRONG?

im just trying to get the facts straight here.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
68 degrees here where I am, and it's expected to get about 70 today. They are reporting 80 degree weather just hours from here. This whole winter has felt only mediocre, the one snow we got was really nice, but didn't last long. As usual, the times it does get cold here in Oklahoma, it's quite horrible due to the winds we get. It's like a freezing ice slap in the face. Another interesting thing, was the presence of Graupel (snow pellets) which I have never witnessed in my entire life here in Oklahoma. I thought someone had destroyed a bean bag chair and thrown it's contents all over my porch. It sorta looked like dippin dots.
Very strange. Graupel Wiki Page for more info

Here is also an image posted by one of our local weather stations:

Though, I gotta say last spring was pretty mild, and it seemed like all the major storms were either south of us in Texas, or more north towards Missouri. I'm still seeing bumblebees, wasps, and moths out in January. We haven't had any real freezes to kill off the extra bugs. Last summer the crickets and locusts were way overpopulated eating a good portion of the trees(and smaller bushes by our porch), I couldn't imagine what would have happened if we had crops growing. They say Oklahoma is a bipolar state when it comes to weather, I always say.."If you don't like the weather here..just take a nap."

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You are wasting your time on this one.... Deniers will ignore evidence that is undeniable. When confronted with truth they often respond just like he did. They will quote sources that are flawed, all the while not realizing that it is not just the source that is flawed.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Extreme weather is nothing new, it has most likely been going on since the birth of the planet and will continue that way until the end.

A few weeks ago I posted this thread about a 49 degree fluctuation in 2 minutes from 1943

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Another great example is "the year without summer": link

The Year Without a Summer (also known as the Poverty Year, The Summer that Never Was, Year There Was No Summer and Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death[1]) was 1816, in which severe summer climate abnormalities caused average global temperatures to decrease by 0.4–0.7 °C (0.7–1.3 °F),[2] resulting in major food shortages across the Northern Hemisphere.[3][4] It is believed that the anomaly was caused by a combination of a historic low in solar activity with a volcanic winter event

In July and August, lake and river ice were observed as far south as Pennsylvania. Rapid, dramatic temperature swings were common, with temperatures sometimes reverting from normal or above-normal summer temperatures as high as 95 °F (35 °C) to near-freezing within hours.

My personal bet is that this might happen again if low solar activity continues and we end up getting some volcanic eruptions ontop of that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

You are wasting your time on this one.... Deniers will ignore evidence that is undeniable. When confronted with truth they often respond just like he did. They will quote sources that are flawed, all the while not realizing that it is not just the source that is flawed.

I bet you warmists subscribe to the SS theory of the Universe(Steady State). With or without the actions of humans, the environment will always be in flux. And given that you warmists are often leftists, and Lord knows how leftists distort facts and ignore inconvient truths to argue their point for International Communism, why should anyone believe a warmists?

Heck warmists are ignoring the fact that we just exited a major ice age a few thousand years ago and just exited a minor ice age a century ago. The fact that warmists are obsessed with CO2 levels and taxation schemes and not on stopping deforestation is how any sensible, moral and ethical person knows how dangerous these pathological warmists are.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Yep, 75 down here in South Texas.. Sure its usually in the 50s or so in Jan but ive seen it like this before as well.
Hell, in 04 it snowed here, on christmas no less.. It hadnt snowed here in decades prior to that.

I had just moved to my little corner of S.TX that year....from Maine. Imagine my surprise when I got a snow storm for Xmas.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Actually "global warming" is a lie. It has been proven to be so. The actual figures prove the earth has been cooling for the last 16 years. Your statement about all of the scientific communities around the world believing in it is completely false. A majority do not. Only the very loud and obnoxious well funded propagandists of the NWO and the woefully uneducated false data regurgitators even claim it a truth at this point!

Read this in order to begin to clear your brain of the misinformation:
mobile.wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Most people would be cheering and happy for a break in winter, not thinking the world is ending.

Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts, Enjoy the outdoors.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The climate has been changing since it started.
You can blame whoever you want.

But, don't fool yourself into thinking there was ever anything anyone could ever do to stop or "turn it around"
It's called Nature, and humans have no say in the matter.

Yes we do.

We have a say in how much muck we throw into it. God, it's as if you think it doesn't make a difference.

Well, the house may be getting hotter and there is nothing we can do about it, but there is no damn reason to sit inside it throwing burning paper at the floor and going "Woo hoo hoo nothing we can do..."

I guess if you decide that you're going to get cancer anyway, you may as well smoke 50 cigars a day.

sheesh.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by watchitburn
The climate has been changing since it started.
You can blame whoever you want.

But, don't fool yourself into thinking there was ever anything anyone could ever do to stop or "turn it around"
It's called Nature, and humans have no say in the matter.

Yes we do.

We have a say in how much muck we throw into it. God, it's as if you think it doesn't make a difference.

Well, the house may be getting hotter and there is nothing we can do about it, but there is no damn reason to sit inside it throwing burning paper at the floor and going "Woo hoo hoo nothing we can do..."

I guess if you decide that you're going to get cancer anyway, you may as well smoke 50 cigars a day.

sheesh.

Correction... Earth has been getting less cold which is a GOOD thing for us and has had a positive effect on our production of crops and most if not all is from natural causes. What do you think will happen the next time we experience something like the little ice age?? Or when the real ice age hits which we are already overdue for anyways? Maybe it would be a better idea to prepare for the ice age that will come within the next centuries-thousand years and will last for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS instead?? This ice age will make most of the planet inhabitable and will kill off billions of humans.
These ice ages has come and gone like clockwork over the last millions of years with interglacials only lasting for thousands of years:

We are currently in the holocene period and temperatures have already on average dropped over thousands of years. The little ice age was so deep that the next such cooling period might trigger the next ice age period. No amount of co2 is ever going to stop this. We had ice ages hitting even when the co2 level was in THOUSANDS of ppm level while it is now less than 400ppm. This is way less than average for most of earths history and pre industrial is as low as it goes and right at edge of what plants needs to survive.

And now you warmists have gone so crazy that you are seriously thinking about geo engineering the planet by spraying aerosols and seeding algea that extract the little co2 we have. The real threat to this planet are you people.

Edit: I might as well add this little quote:

The Carboniferous Period and the Ordovician Period were the only geological periods during the Paleozoic Era when global temperatures were as low as they are today. To the consternation of global warming proponents, the Late Ordovician Period was also an Ice Age while at the same time CO2 concentrations then were nearly 12 times higher than today-- 4400 ppm. According to greenhouse theory, Earth should have been exceedingly hot. Instead, global temperatures were no warmer than today. Clearly, other factors besides atmospheric carbon influence earth temperatures and global warming.

I wonder how this was possible??
The funny part was that co2 did not even drop when that ice age started and lagged long behind temperatures. This just is not possible if co2 is the main driver. Why is this so hard for you warmists to understand??
edit on 27-1-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Just got off the phone with my Dad in Texas and he says it's chilly. But then again, he's a freeze baby nowadays in his old age. He did confirm the 80 degree temp though. How that is is chilly is beyond me.

But here where I am, I'm expecting freezing rain tonight into the morn, followed by snow. It's a typical winter to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join