It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Dotcom wants to encrypt half of the internet to end government surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
(I am surprised that the search function did not return this one yet - so hit me with a link if I just wasted 25 minutes of my life
)

See the full interview here: rt.com...

Well, he is back and having gone through the entire "legal" process, he has pushed the learnings into the top of his pissed off funnel and is expecting a ultra-secure un-surveillable network to drop out the bottom.

Revelation 1: Hollywood supports and is a very important contributor to Obama (no huge surprise here)..

When asked about KDCs comments concerning the collusion the Obama administration has with the MPAA:

"Dotcom: You have to look at the players behind this case, okay? The driving force, of course, is Chris Dodd, the chairman of the MPAA [Motion Picture Association of America]. And he was senator for a long time and he is — according to [US Vice President] Joe Biden — Joe Biden’s best friend. And the state attorney that is in charge of this case has been Joe Biden’s personal counsel, Neil MacBride, and [he] also worked as an anti-piracy manager for the BSA, the Business Software Association, which is basically like the MPAA but for software companies."

So KDC is very much so aware that his ordeal was the result of Obama showing hollywood that he would take action on their behalf in thanks for backing his run for office. Not to far fetched IMHO and a logical way to show your backers that you plan to make good on your promises. What would be great to know is, which think-tank picked megaupload as the target and are any of these guys still employed after this high profile screw up?

From the administrations standpoint, The MegaUpload target makes sense . . . Go high profile. However, maybe they should have first checked to see if the guy you are going after is a rich geek or a cunning business navigator with a massive legal team.

Revelation 2: Not 1 shred of real evidence was put forward that backs up the racketeering charge.

KDC on the illegal sloppy " Shoot now, ask questions later " approach:

" KD: Our case is going to be the one that will have much more attention down the road because it is a crucial case for Internet freedom. And I think more and more people realize that and the government is quite exposed here because they really went in with completely prosecutorial abuse and overreach and ignoring due process, ignoring our rights, spying on us, illegal search warrants, illegal restraining orders, illegal spying. The whole picture, when you look at it, shows that this was an urgent mission, done on a rush. “Take them down, I want them to go.” And it was a political decision to do that. And the execution was extremely poor, and the case is extremely poor, because that is something they thought that they could worry about later. It was all about the takedown. “Let’s send a strong message to Hollywood that we are on their side.”

Whats amazing is that the USG did not even bother to fabricate " WMD's" against MegaUpload as it relates to the only charge they could extradite him on. When asked by local courts to see the evidence, the response was " sorry, we do not want to show you what we have " and then the USG kept kicking it to higher and higher courts appealing all the way. In each case the courts asked the same question and received the same answer . . NO - we will not show you the evidence.

So its clear to KDC what happened and he is not going to crawl into his shell and keep a low profile. Instead he is using the experience and knowledge of how the USG snoops the internet, to construct the ultimate FU. . . . MEGA!

'I want to reestablish a balance between a person and the state'

KDC further builds on what manny have already claimed before, warrantless open monitoring of the internet 24/7 / 365. "They just spy on everybody, permanently, all the time."

KDC says the "Mega" solution will encrypt all traffic that hits the service starting with files and then moving to the other core services we all use.

" I decided to create a solution that overtime will encrypt more and more of the internet. So we start with files, we will then move to emails, and then move to Voice-Over-IP communication."

So, on one hand we have a very smart, well prepared, highly funded German bad-a$$ who now has the inside information on how to deliver a service that kicks big brother in the groin. . . . and on the other . . an example of what happens to you when you try to rally on behalf of john Q public in the form of one very dead SOPA freedom fighter, Aaron Swartz.

Time will tell if KDC can stay earthbound long enough to fully realize his next venture.

Could we possibly see the birth of ATSS (Above Top Secrete Secure) where the TLCs are slightly modified ?

edit on 26-1-2013 by oldmeatwad because: Formating

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i already encrypt EVERYTHING if you don't then someone is listening or watching.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I could take him more serious, if he didnt have such a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The problem is this does not stop the governments just the corporations for a while. The governments have already made deals to get to your monitors. If you have a Nvidea video card. Then you already have a root user loaded on your computer with links to all your files. You will have to look to find it because they tried to hide it. Updatus user. And you can not get rid of it. If you reinstall your video card software to a earlier date you can but you will never be allowed to update it again making it useless within a year or so.

The reason they want the video card access is because it will bypass all encryption when you view it. Then they can simply do a comparison between the encrypted and decrypted file to know how to decrypt your files.

So this will give them the government basically a monopoly on hacking and spying. It will not stop them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
encrypt everything eh! what makes you think that encryption = safe. Far from it, I work in security, every algorithm has some back door.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

Dude, that isnt true. Let me get a copy of truecrypt, 256 bit encryption software. Ill encrypt a file and upload it somewhere then you upload the decrypted file to me.
Im in IT as well btw, more on the network side of things though.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes but wikileaks told people how to do it right. Encrypt it a couple of times with different programs and then hide the tags that say what program you did it with. And searching through the file to find the password does not work any more. They know the process the programs use from the patent office. But when you do something strange like use a couple of them they get lost and spend to much money and time to try to find out what you did.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

truecrypt is actually very safe especially when you do triple encryption like I do and use a huge password with upper/lower/number/letters. There is no backdoor in truecrypt the fbi tried for over a year to crack a truecrypt encryption with failure. Its open source and many people go through the code looking for back doors there are none.

It uses the strongest encryption available even stronger then the gov uses if you do it right..

I have:

startup password
bios password
hdd password
truecrypted startup drive
multiple trucrypted containers and secondary drive
as well as pgp for communications

top topics

join