This old man has nothing to do with Jesus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

And when was the last time you went to church or a book store ? Some people want to put Catholics and their Roman tradition and Papal authority in the same group with people who put Jesus before any man and no man between Jesus and man . Christians come in all denominations but they all believe they are saved by the Grace and Mercy that Jesus brought to man with no need of another intercessor . We are washed in the Blood of Christ and made clean through his sacrifice . On the other hand Catholics seem to feel it necessary to go through an intercessor to get to Jesus . We are not the same . The Catholics did not change the gospel of Christ . They never had the only collections or manuals of the Gospel . And the Dead Sea Scrolls back the Old Testament .

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Scientist have made some , many unsubstantiated claims . These claims are generally accepted as factual and later disproved . The fact is that you can get a grant to study anything , especially anti bible . After all the ones granting these grants are scientist with an agenda .
Study the Bible and what the bible says is coming in our near future . You may be surprised ! But if you find it convenient to disbelieve , by all means do so . It's you skin and your families . They will live by your decision . Make a good one .

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Oh the Pope, head of the solar cult, claiming it's "Christianity".

What an old doucher.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by punisher97
I'm most disturbed by the pope having bodyguards. Like it was mentioned earlier, it shows his complete lack of faith. If you are trying to lead a world religion, you should not be hiring people to protect you. This is just showing his followers that their "god" doesn't protect them and is in fact incapable of protecting anybody.

I'm not saying that the pope stands for all catholics. I know a few who are nice people and don't need bodyguards. Even though they don't agree with everything I believe, they trust that their "god" will protect them.

I'm taken aback by how ridiculous this concept is. The Pope has bodyguards because there have been attempts on his life. His not having bodyguards due to an irrational trust that God will protect him from all harm would equate to his also eating spoiled food, not treating cuts or abrasions, not wearing a coat and trying out for the San Diego Chargers at his age. Why be concerned? God will protect him.

You know who else has bodyguards? The Dali Lama, Billy Graham and most anyone else in the public eye. To refuse to take measures to protect yourself is to deny the capacity for reason given to you by God.

Eric

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

And when was the last time you went to church or a book store ? Some people want to put Catholics and their Roman tradition and Papal authority in the same group with people who put Jesus before any man and no man between Jesus and man . Christians come in all denominations but they all believe they are saved by the Grace and Mercy that Jesus brought to man with no need of another intercessor . We are washed in the Blood of Christ and made clean through his sacrifice . On the other hand Catholics seem to feel it necessary to go through an intercessor to get to Jesus . We are not the same . The Catholics did not change the gospel of Christ . They never had the only collections or manuals of the Gospel . And the Dead Sea Scrolls back the Old Testament .

I've only missed 3 Sundays since February last year; one, my wife was sick, one I was traveling, and the other I'd gotten caught up in family stuff and lost track of time.

The rest of your statement shows a belief that Catholicism is not scriptural, when in fact, it really is! As I've said earlier, not everything Christianity teaches (even non-Catholics) is in the Bible, ie the Trinity.

If you have the time, check this and this out as these do a way better job of explaining it than I can.

God bless you!
edit on 2/8/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Mark 16:18 shows how God will protect people.

"they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The timing of this thread and events that took place after is astonishing to me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join