This old man has nothing to do with Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The Pope looks like the Devil most of the time . His demonic looking face does not project the nature of holiness .He also looks like he has had a couple . People who deify a simple man who has done no miracles in the name of God, that man is not empowered of God but of man . Also that man would be chosen by God and not a bunch of other men who's church is paying hundreds of millions to hide crime and compensate victims of sexual abuse . Then they don't even excommunicated the perpetrators , they reassign them to a new group of victims . How can these men choose a new Holy man? Do Catholics follow Jesus or do they follow a man who is flesh and whose garment is as dirty rags .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Do you always judge people, based on their physical appearance?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You did not fully respond did you ? There is more to my statement wasn't there ? Yes, have you chosen the Pope over Jesus ? If not , why would you need the Pope . The Muslims have the same scenario . They don't believe that Jesus actually died on the cross for our sins. They say he chose not to or God chose not to carry out his plan . So they believe Mohammud a MURDERER, Fornicator Liar and Thief and a thug was chosen of God to finish the work of God .

Jesus did it all . His apostles only finished the propagation ( spreading of )of the Gospel of Jesus . There is a direct connection from your heart to Jesus . Lets not put impedements in the way of that direct path .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You claimed that Catholics deify the Pope, which isn't true. Why do I need to respond to something as ridiculous as that?

Jesus said not to judge others, and here you are judging someone on the basis of what they look like -- what could be more shallow and un-Christian than that?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
The Pope looks like the Devil most of the time . His demonic looking face does not project the nature of holiness

Is there any reason whatsoever to take your posts seriously or to treat them with respect after you post idiocy and drivel like the above?

I'm astonished that someone actually starred your post.

F'ing idiotic.

Eric

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Again you have sidestepped the principle part of the statement .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Again you have sidestepped the principle part of the statement .

And again you have avoided replying to the critique of your assailing the appearance of the Pope.

When you serve an appetizer of crap, do you think anyone's staying for dinner?

Eric

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

The actual pictures I have seen look demonic .You like it or not that is how I see it .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And what does that actually mean? The logical extension of your statement is that Kate Upton is a spiritually gifted woman and morally upright as she's physically attractive. And that Mother Theresa was inherently base and venal, as she wasn't.

What if I were to post a bunch of photos from when he was a younger man and his appearance was different? What would be the implications of his appearance then?

BTW, you do realize that he is an old man, right? I mean, regardless of the fact that his appearance has absolutely no bearing on his moral standing, old people grow less attractive as they age, including aspects that you may think of as 'demonic' (sunken eyes, bags and shadows under the eyes, lack of skin elasticity, etc.).

Eric

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

You can try to argue with your obscure extensions , it will not work I was specific . The Catholic church reeks with sexual misconduct that has been condoned through out the Vatican . How many billions have been paid out as settlements .The Catholic church has perpetrated these criminal acts by simply moving the perp to another parish . Thus the same thing happened there .
These people are the ones making the appointment of the Pope . And with that appointment he is declared Infallible , Holy and can forgive sin . God didn't make that appointment .
My point is that the people of the Church worship the Pope instead of God . The Pope will be the intermediary. Jesus is the Intermediary . That is why he came down to earth . The Pope is a diversion .
Do you not agree that Jesus intercedes for us and that was his mission ?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by EricD

You can try to argue with your obscure extensions , it will not work I was specific .

Wow. Let me break this down for you and I'll try to use small words. You said this and you said it not just specifically (as you mentioned specificity above), but verbatim:

"The Pope looks like the Devil most of the time . His demonic looking face does not project the nature of holiness .He also looks like he has had a couple."

I responded specifically (there's that word again) to that. I didn't include obscure extensions and I didn't fall upon reductio ad absurdum.

If you are upset that people point out the obvious and ridiculous flaws in the introduction to your argument, then I suggest that you fashion better introductions.

Everything past your first sentence in your latest response is discussing something that I didn't comment on at all. You are conflating two different arguments and it's a bit scary that you can't see that.

Argument one: The Pope's appearance betrays his true nature and he might have a drinking problem.

Argument two: The Church has engaged in reprehensible behavior in regards to the sex abuse scandal.

Eric

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

The real subject here is "This old man has nothing to do with Jesus " And I do agree . The oppinion about his appearance is mine . I made no mention of the other people you tried to inject .
Let me put this in little words for you Catholism has a terrible reputation and the POOP is not Jesus nor his equal .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by EricD

The real subject here is "This old man has nothing to do with Jesus " And I do agree . The oppinion about his appearance is mine . I made no mention of the other people you tried to inject .

If you can't see that the other people I mentioned was to draw a parallel utilizing your logic, then we have larger problems than I thought.

Let me put this in little words for you Catholism has a terrible reputation and the POOP is not Jesus nor his equal .

Seeing as how you chose to direct this one specifically to me, would you like to point out where I claimed otherwise?

Eric
edit on 30-1-2013 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

The logical extension of your statement is that Kate Upton is a spiritually gifted woman and morally upright as she's physically attractive.

Im not sure how spiritually gifted she is.... but I do believe she is a Goddess physically

Thank you God!!

ATS Votes: The Hottest woman on the planet

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Let me put this in little words for you Catholism has a terrible reputation

I don't understand why Christians bash on Catholics...accusing them of being un-christian.

People say the Catholic church is unchristian for its grand architecture, wealth and ceremonial gowns, while saying nothing about the opulence of non-Catholic churches.

Thats not a rock concert, its a stadium-sized non-catholic megachurches that make millions and are actually based off business models. Their rock-star pastors show up in expensive suits, live in mansions and drive fancy cars. Christianity has become a big business. And a number of them have been involved in drug and sex related scandals. Is this something Jesus would be proud of? Please get rid of the idea that only non-Catholic churches are bad.

So think about this before you bash on Catholics for their sins of the past. At least they take the bibles message of "charity" rather seriously.

edit on 31-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

The Pope looks like the Devil most of the time . His demonic looking face does not project the nature of holiness .He also looks like he has had a couple . People who deify a simple man who has done no miracles in the name of God, that man is not empowered of God but of man . Also that man would be chosen by God and not a bunch of other men who's church is paying hundreds of millions to hide crime and compensate victims of sexual abuse . Then they don't even excommunicated the perpetrators , they reassign them to a new group of victims . How can these men choose a new Holy man? Do Catholics follow Jesus or do they follow a man who is flesh and whose garment is as dirty rags .

Whateva man, the black chimney smoke proves his election divine! psha

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Let me put this in little words for you Catholism has a terrible reputation

I don't understand why Christians bash on Catholics...accusing them of being un-christian.

People say the Catholic church is unchristian for its grand architecture, wealth and ceremonial gowns, while saying nothing about the opulence of non-Catholic churches.

Thats not a rock concert, its a stadium-sized non-catholic megachurches that make millions and are actually based off business models. Their rock-star pastors show up in expensive suits, live in mansions and drive fancy cars. Christianity has become a big business. Is this something Jesus would be proud of?

So think about this before you bash on Catholics for their sins of the past. At least they take the bibles message of "charity" rather seriously.

A cheapshot really, as we can easily discern what is righteous in the word or what isn't. And to think, I pondered you a shi'ite. Obviously I was wrong lol

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

A cheapshot really, as we can easily discern what is righteous in the word or what isn't. And to think, I pondered you a shi'ite. Obviously I was wrong lol

A cheap shot is when someone bashes Catholicism for crimes that took place in the dark ages, which the church apologized for. Like, as if being a non-Catholic christian somehow makes them a "better" person.

And shi'ite? I think you have mistaken me for someone else on this forum.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Leuan

A cheap shot is when someone bashes Catholicism for crimes that took place in the dark ages, which the church apologized for. Like, as if being a non-Catholic christian somehow makes them a "better" person.

And shi'ite? I think you have mistaken me for someone else on this forum.

True, i was wrong, the catholic church has been slandered and they apollogized for their misdeeds. They should be put upon a pedestal in all honesty.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

True, i was wrong, the catholic church has been slandered and they apollogized for their misdeeds. They should be put upon a pedestal in all honesty.

The OP was pointing to the Popes lavish ceremonial clothing and ornaments... while contrasting it with Jesus' simple way of life.

To point out only the Catholic churches wealth while ignoring the lavishness of non-Catholic churches, such as the megachurches I posted about earlier.. is a double standard.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum