It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This old man has nothing to do with Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You may be right that it's just an internet based rumor, about Rothschild involvement, although I do believe they are the bankers of the Vatican.

I also find that Salvation Army crest a little odd, whereby it can be read in two totally different ways.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here's the old man playing "secret Santa"

BBC News
Thursday, 22 December 2005, 05:07 GMT

'Santa Pope' woos Vatican crowds

Pope Benedict XVI appears to be getting into a different kind of Christmas spirit, donning a Santa-style hat for his weekly appearance at the Vatican.
At a chilly St Peter's Square, the Pope draped a red cloak over his shoulders and covered his head with a red velvet hat lined with white fur.

PULLING THE HAT DOWN TIGHT [Shhhhhh!]
(nice white suit too, dazzling, shiney!!)

Something that I think I've unraveled the mystery to (why the Pope would dress up like Santa).

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh noes! The Pope is wearing a red hat with white fuzz!

Sometimes a guy in a hat is just a guy in a hat. There's no reason to read some evil into it.

As I've said numerous times in this thread...

Haters gotta hate.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I never said the Santa hat was evil or the that the Pope representing himself as a type of Santa at Christmas was evil (see my avatar!), but it wasn't insignificant either..

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

I think you misunderstood my post.

That's very possible. Can you explain what you meant? I'm sure the fault is mine. I'm often on here at 3:00 in the morning when I should be asleep.

Eric

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by adjensen
Sure, I'm going to consider your other article a credible source on the Catholic church.

And yet you believe that the Catholic "church" is a credible source?

Originally posted by adjensen
Do you honestly believe that "50 million Bible believing Christians" were killed during the Spanish Inquisition?

Do you honestly believe that RELIGION is telling you the truth?

To answer your question: The actual number is likely closer to 200 million.

Actually, it's not. I would highly suggest that you go to neutral sources that are recognized as historians and have serious credentials. I can easily find sources such as Dave Hunt that would back up your numbers or a tract from Catholic Answers that would refute it, but they are both coming from a serious bias.

Instead, I'd humbly suggest that you look at the works by Richard Kieckhefer, Henry Kamen or Edward Peters. All respected, secular historians.

Eric

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Of course Jesus didn't make mistakes, he's a fictional character, he did whatever the writer decided he did. I'm sorry if this reply is not what you asked for but you can't start a thread and then decide what replies are acceptable, especially on a topic as ridiculous as this.

Jesus didn't exist.
The Bible is all fairy tales
And it didn't take a super intelligence A K A God, A K A Heavenly Father, to deposit the information via a coded language in the genome of DNA. When there is just no other way for information to get there.
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
I think OP would appreciate it if you could at least keep the outright BS to a minimum.

Sorry OP but the call sign of ATS applies.
edit on 28-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Real or not, the life of Jesus on Earth contains all the guidelines for the christianity, I don't see this old man following them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

I think you misunderstood my post.

That's very possible. Can you explain what you meant? I'm sure the fault is mine. I'm often on here at 3:00 in the morning when I should be asleep.

Eric

A a leader, his faith should be stronger that ours. Bodyguards represent fear, shouldn't trust in God a bit more?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Actually, it's not. I would highly suggest that you go to neutral sources that are recognized as historians and have serious credentials. I'd humbly suggest that you look at the works by Richard Kieckhefer, Henry Kamen or Edward Peters. All respected, secular historians.

Eric

Thanks Eric, I know your intentions are good and I do appreciate that fact.

Over the last year of my life I have learned a VERY important truth.

History is used as a MASSIVE form of mind control just like religion, education, media and everything else.

Everything we have been taught is a LIE.

The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history.

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses

By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all."

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

BS? Funniest thing I have ever read.

There is no proof of a god and never has been. The proof that Jesus existed is sketchy at best and is pretty much confined to the Bible and as that book is fictitious it can't be taken seriously.

As far as I am concerned without any proof there is no god.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well then explain your existance here on the rock . Make sure you include DNA and do not include the wild unproven claims made by athiestic scientist .

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Catholicism has sent more people to hell believing they are saved while their getting sprinkled at birth relieves them of ever making their decision for Christ . Jesus said call no man Father. I am sure Paul was not called Father . Alcohol use by the clergy in the church is a give away . Never to marry lends itself to dark sexual problems and your pope is just a man .I can not believe that Jesus came down here and died for us and you choose a sinful old man to follow instead of Jesus . Jesus talked about those with Broad Phylacteries and grand percessions as not being of God .

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

These wild unproven claims you speak of. Do you mean evidence backed theories?

Do you really think it is more likely that one of your gods put me here rather than the result of 4.5 billion years of evolution.

A religious person should never call an atheists claims wild and unproven. Our science is in it's relative infancy and yet we have gained so much knowledge and evidence in such a short time. Religion hasn't gathered a shred of proof in 2000 years so be careful who's beliefs you accuse to be unproven.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Black Holes , the Big Bang theory claims of everything from nothing or as they say Singularity.The Rock they found in Antartica and stated it was from Mars as fact .And then the statements of the time earth has been here . Prove it . Then how did life being considering DNA does not occur randomly nor does a living cell . Cytoplasm and altered DNA barely works in a laboratory .

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned without any proof there is no god.

You will find that as long as you state it as you did here. We are balanced you and I. But when you try to state it as a fact. The teeter will totter.

Does the Pope wear a funny hat ? Only around Christmas time.

edit on 29-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

A a leader, his faith should be stronger that ours. Bodyguards represent fear, shouldn't trust in God a bit more?

Trust in God to do what? I'm not familiar with any Biblical precepts that offer physical safety based on faith or actualizing the Great Commission. For quite a while, the exact opposite was almost guaranteed. Peter and many of the other ECF's were martyred.

The armies of Israel went into battle BEHIND the Ark of the Covenant, should they have trusted in God a bit more?

Eric
edit on 29-1-2013 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Trust in God to do what? I'm not familiar with any Biblical precepts that offer physical safety based on faith or actualizing the Great Commission. For quite a while, the exact opposite was almost guaranteed. Peter and many of the other ECF's were martyred.

The armies of Israel went into battle BEHIND the Ark of the Covenant, should they have trusted in God a bit more?

Eric
edit on 29-1-2013 by EricD because: (no reason given)

Yes, if he gave his life to God, he is suppose to have faith in all situations, even if that means a risk for him. I know that doesn't make too much sense for you or me, but he chose that job.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes, if he gave his life to God, he is suppose to have faith in all situations, even if that means a risk for him. I know that doesn't make too much sense for you or me, but he chose that job.

I apologize in advance for being rude, but that's ridiculous. By the same logic, if he was thirsty and the only option nearby was hemlock juice, he should chow down. Why use the stairs when leaping out the window is quicker?

God gave us a capacity for reason. To not use it isn't a virtue.

Eric

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Why use the stairs when leaping out the window is quicker?

Completely off topic (well, sort of,) but that's one of the most brilliant things I've read lately, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I apologize in advance for being rude, but that's ridiculous. By the same logic, if he was thirsty and the only option nearby was hemlock juice, he should chow down. Why use the stairs when leaping out the window is quicker?

God gave us a capacity for reason. To not use it isn't a virtue.

Eric

Haha....probably he thinks the same right now, but I don't think he has a retirement plan or a chance to quit the job.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join