It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This old man has nothing to do with Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
If you think my posts have been revolving on hate, you are solely mistaken.

When you attempt to promote dissension in the Christian community, you are serving the enemy, not God.

You don't like the actions of the Catholic church in the past? That's well and good, I don't like them either. But I don't assign the sins of the past to the church of today, as you seem to. There is no denying that the Catholic Church is a significant contributor to the well being of mankind, so claiming otherwise is dishonest.

Whatever your intentions might be, you are acting contrary to the teachings of Christ.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
First of all, he's not Jesus, He represents the King Jesus, and those around him could be angels, His army, protecting the representative of the King.

And if you wanted to kill him of course they would stop you. Christ doesn't need to die again or allow His representative to be killed.

You have no idea of the power of the King.

He allows it, nothing more nothing less. His compassion absolute, His love just as equal, You will not die, because he will not allow it, But if you chose to leave He will mourn you.

And if you die He will resurrect you.

Have faith in your King.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
adjensen raises an interesting point. Are there posters in this thread who believe the Catholic Church is not Christian?

Any posters who believe the Pope is not Christian?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I response to your OP, jesus himself in the bible states that possessions
are not to be sought after, basically if you actually follow his teachings
the way they are meant to be followed you would have to give up
modern life all together and live off the kindness of others, otherwise
known to modern society as a homeless person.

The catholic church cares not for the teachings that they claim to and
as proof of this they completely ignore the parts about money, its as it
always was, a scam to get hard working people to pay for them to sit
around and pretend to be something they are not and never have been.
edit on 27-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by BlueMule

As my title says, he got nothing to do with Jesus.

Neither does that first picture you posted on the OP, but you know... I'm just saying...

Cesare Borgia

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

First thing you must know, I'm christian. That means this is not another bashing thread against christians. I don't want to go on a theological discussion neither, actually want to keep it simple.

I believe in Jesus and think his life is an example to follow in all the aspects, the only man I know that didn't make mistakes in my opinion (doesn't need to be yours). More than one of these aspects are exposed here :

History suggests that Jesus would have worn the same clothes as the ordinary people of His day. He would have worn plain linens, comfortable long robes with a sash to tuck the garment in when He ran. He would have worn simple sandals on His feet. Jesus was from a poor background and His clothes would have been plain and ordinary.

www.jesuscentral.com...

Now there is this guy claiming authority given to him from the same source :

As I understood, Jesus had no gold rings and expensive clothes. Instead of bodyguards, he has angels under his command but never needed to call them for personal proteccion. Jesus walked without aid and crossed deserts.

If I try to get close to the Pope, those men with black suits will take me down and beat me before I say "God".

Jesus spent most of his time between regular people like me, it was easy to just walk to Him offering a peace of bread, He will probably would eat it and say thanks.

I find more humility in a clown.

Well said brother!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting
I hate organised religion for excactly that reason.
As I posted before christians need to get back to basics
S&F for you

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Why does the "church" represent all chriristians? I see they draw alot of negative attention, for their symbols especially

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
adjensen raises an interesting point. Are there posters in this thread who believe the Catholic Church is not Christian?

Any posters who believe the Pope is not Christian?

The word "Christian" is a complicated thing...

But...

IF Christianity is defined at least by the words of Jesus...

Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

Then I would say no... He isn't Christian...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Why do you think the Pope is Jesus, or at least needs to act exactly as he did?

I never said that. I think you missed it. He is suppose to follow the example given, that's all.

As far as i am aware the Catholic church for as long as it has been around makes it's own rules and examples.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But why judge all Catholics?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Somehow I don't believe he represents all Catholics...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Trueman

why do i look at your pic of pope benedict and think of :

guild navigator

Thank you!...., was wondering why that pic looks so familiar to me . ( by the way, my fav movie).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The catholic church is Satans biggest and best play on humanity. No i'm not saying Catholics are going to hell, but there beliefs are a complete perversion of Christianity. The worshiping of false idles is a sin, they pray to Mary Joseph and what ever else they see fit and make statues to do so. why does the pope need body guards? non of my pastors did, I've never heard of missionaries walking around china with body guards. why is the pope better then I am? why is he closer to God then me? why can he talk to God easier then me? I thought we are all on the same playing field here.

Isaiah 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

Psalm 115:4-8

Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat. Those who make them become like them; so do all who trust in them.

suck it pope you ain't nothin but a punk.

James 1:26

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
If you think my posts have been revolving on hate, you are solely mistaken.

When you attempt to promote dissension in the Christian community, you are serving the enemy, not God.

You don't like the actions of the Catholic church in the past? That's well and good, I don't like them either. But I don't assign the sins of the past to the church of today, as you seem to. There is no denying that the Catholic Church is a significant contributor to the well being of mankind, so claiming otherwise is dishonest.

Whatever your intentions might be, you are acting contrary to the teachings of Christ.

I was going to type a real long heated post about how you constantly act in the condescending attitude when interacting with me. But if you don't listen once, you aren't going to listen again and again and again and again and again.

When all else fails, demonize the opposition. I am actually quite flattered that you went to those extremes but I don't promote the rebel, I am not afraid of him as you are, or do I give him as much as power as you do.

If you think I hated you and this supposed community you speak of, I would not even talk to you. Ignoring someone is worse than having extreme negative emotions. Trust me, you guys aren't a Christian community; scratching each other's backs and petting your egos is more clique- like. You "Christians" remind me of my former church with your group think, condescending eyes, and gossiping mouths.

I am promoting the truth.and if I am your supposed enemy for doing so, let it be. Don't forget to pray for me, because you know, that's what Jesus would want, right? I doubt you will, though. But if you do, I appreciate it.

For a Christian, you seem to be ok for the Catholic Church committing global sins and not taking responsibility for it. Never once have they shown humility and regret for their actions. Never have they received ANY repercussions for their actions EXCEPT lowered influence. But they still parade around with the blood of martyrs and innocent lives.

Just because someone has that title of Christian doesn't make them fine and dandy and A-OKAY in anyone's eyes. If the Church were really regretful of her actions, she would pursue a different, TRUE course of action.

and you are saying I DO NOT ADHERE TO THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST???

LOOK AT THE MAN THAT IS THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION! YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM AND ACCUSING ME?
Almighty, my patience runs thins with you "Christians" because you are the ones to know the truth, but you don't know the amazing power before you.

edit on 27-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I am promoting the truth.

No, you aren't. You're judging the Pope, and the church itself, as well, for superficial reasons, which offend you personally, for whatever reason, and ignoring or diminishing the contributions of the church over the span of 2000 years because of it. Has the church done reprehensible things over those years? Yes, of course, and no one denies it. But they're also responsible for the modern system of education, modern health care, modern science, priceless artwork and musical creations and much more. Never mind the billions spent every year in charitable services.

For a Christian, you seem to be ok for the Catholic Church committing global sins and not taking responsibility for it. Never once have they shown humility and regret for their actions. Never have they received ANY repercussions for their actions EXCEPT lowered influence.

Yeah, I guess you missed this:

POPE JOHN PAUL II: We humbly ask for forgiveness for the part that each of us with his or her behaviors has played in such evils thus contributing to disrupting the face of the church. At the same time, as we confess our sins let us forgive the faults committed by others towards us.

Pope John Paul II Makes Unprecedented Apology For Sins of Catholic Church

That happened in 2000, ancient history, I guess.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I am promoting the truth.

No, you aren't. You're judging the Pope, and the church itself, as well, for superficial reasons, which offend you personally, for whatever reason, and ignoring or diminishing the contributions of the church over the span of 2000 years because of it. Has the church done reprehensible things over those years? Yes, of course, and no one denies it. But they're also responsible for the modern system of education, modern health care, modern science, priceless artwork and musical creations and much more. Never mind the billions spent every year in charitable services.

For a Christian, you seem to be ok for the Catholic Church committing global sins and not taking responsibility for it. Never once have they shown humility and regret for their actions. Never have they received ANY repercussions for their actions EXCEPT lowered influence.

POPE JOHN PAUL II: We humbly ask for forgiveness for the part that each of us with his or her behaviors has played in such evils thus contributing to disrupting the face of the church. At the same time, as we confess our sins let us forgive the faults committed by others towards us.

Sorry, I will not forgive them unless their course of actions is different. They have a lot more to apologize for. IF you aren't offended by the actions of the church, my friend, you are not what you claim to be. You know why I am so hard on the Church and the Pope? Because they know the truth, and they have jaded the minds of many. Jesus was hardest on those he loved. When you have that much power in your hands, the responsibility is greater. And they have failed. BTW don't throw that whole Judging thing at me, I am much smarter than that. I can judge fellow "Christians," although I am supposed to do it gently, I can not see a different course of action for the perpetrator of evil, sin, and corruption on a global level. Do you not see that their course of actions have detrimentally influenced modern society today? I can not forgive that unless they have shown true humility and I have yet to see that.

But they're also responsible for the modern system of education, modern health care, modern science, priceless artwork and musical creations and much more.

That's really not saying much lol, but I wonder where they got all that money for that.. You really can't see past what they do and see the implications of their actions, huh? Just like western medicine, treat the symptoms and not the root. There is no defense for the church unless they take a more appropriate course of actions. The cons outweigh the pros, adjenson. I am more sympathetic and understanding of murderers, thieves, cheaters, etc. than I am to the Church and that speaks volumes about the atrocities the church commits. And just because the church says it is sorry doesn't make it true.
edit on 27-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm a little confused by this thread. (Of course, I'm always confused) I'm seeing "The Church is bad," "The Church isn't doing enough charitable work," "The church should sell off it's art," and "The Pope lives too well." None of those really seem to have much to do with the OP's headline which seems to be saying "You can't be a real Christian if you have good things."

The Pope is a head of state, and responsible for feeding the souls of all mankind, especially the billion plus of his Church. There have been assasination attempts. He travels to visit and deliver messages all over the world. They have diplomatic offices everywhere. How does his life style compare to the Obama's? His vacation retreat is in the same country as his office. Designers and jewellers don't compete for his business.

He has nice meals daily? Pick a leader, like Obama. They have a projectionist on duty 24/7, I've been told. And chefs? Bunches. Ok, forget heads of state. What about heads of businesses? What's their life style. What I'm trying to say is that it seems strange to compare his life to anyone else's with similar responsibilities and say his is extravagant. He doesn't have time to make his own coffee, or handwrite everything coming out of his office. I just don't see the extravagance.

And why doesn't he sell the art? That's not an option.

According to Vatican correspondent John L. Allen Jr. in his book All the Pope's Men, one reason that the Vatican doesn't sell off such treasures is that the Vatican doesn't believe that the treasures are the Vatican's to sell. They are considered the patrimony of mankind, entrusted to the Vatican for safekeeping, and cannot be sold or borrowed against. Indeed, the Vatican values them at one euro each for purposes of internal bookkeeping and spends a great deal of money to preserve the treasures for future generations.

If such treasures were sold and the money given to the poor, that money would soon be gone and mankind would be culturally impoverished by the loss of such artifacts into private hands. Besides, it is not offensive to religious sensibilities for a Church to maintain such beautiful treasures for the glory of God. If the Temple in Jerusalem could be richly ordained in order to glorify God and to inspire human worship, the universal Church of God can be richly ordained for the same purposes.

Why doesn't the president sell Mt. Rushmore and all the National Parks? Maybe they could sell the original Declaration of Independence, or the White House.

And all the huge amounts of money?

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- The Holy See sustained its largest budget deficit of the past decade in 2011 as a result of global financial trends, the Vatican said July 5. But Vatican City State, which includes the income-generating Vatican Museums and Vatican post office, ended 2011 with a surplus of 21.8 million euros ($27 million).

The budget of the Holy See, which includes the offices of the Roman Curia and its communications outlets such as Vatican Radio, recorded a deficit of 14.9 million euros ($18.4 million) at the end of 2011. It was the largest budget deficit recorded in the past decade and reversed the 2010 surplus of 9.8 million euros ($12 million).

Total expenditures for the Holy See in 2011 were 263.7 million euros ($326.4 million) with 248.8 million euros ($308 million) in revenues.
Those revenues are less than those for the city of Tacoma, Washington
www.catholicnews.com...

So, help me out. What's the problem?

- To compare Obama with the Pope is wierd, I must say.

All I can add in this post is :

- This old man doesn't represents God and he has ZERO authority over me. With Obama you had at least a chance to vote against him. With the Pope you just had to wait for the "white smoke" made by an elite.

Consider this :

- All the bodyguards around the Pope are just proof of his lack of faith on a superior power he claims.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

No, you aren't. You're judging the Pope, and the church itself, as well, for superficial reasons, which offend you personally, for whatever reason, and ignoring or diminishing the contributions of the church over the span of 2000 years because of it.

It’s not just DelayedChristmas, who is personally offended, I’m offended too, and so is about ¾ of the Worlds Population. It’s not a personal judgment, as you put it, but a righteous one, that many people share.

Has the church done reprehensible things over those years? Yes, of course, and no one denies it. But they're also responsible for the modern system of education, modern health care, modern science, priceless artwork and musical creations and much more.

Many other organizations help and give to charities too, but their hands aren’t stained, with the blood of their victims, and neither have they taken advantage of defenseless innocents! on a grand scale.

What you’re saying is the equivalent of a high class lawyer, getting OJ Simpson off the hook, just because he is able too pay his way out. Or similarly, Look at all the evil that Catholic Church has committed, but hey, its ok right, because they donate to charity!... What the H&*#!!!…

Completely Hypocritical…

It’s all fine and dandy making grandiose speeches, but where are all the tons of News articles, a TV reports etc… of priests (that did you know what!) who sought out forgiveness, from the people they committed grievous sins against???

According to Jesus, men must first seek out forgiveness from those they have wronged, before asking for Gods forgiveness…

Matthew 5:23-24
Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Of course, according to the Catholic Church, you can just go into a booth, confess your sins, and the guy there, will forgive you of those sins.

Nothing wrong with confessing your sins, but the guy in the booth, has no right to forgive those sins. The only person who should be forgiving you, is the person you have wronged, as Jesus mentions in (Matthew 5:23-24) and baring that, the only other who can forgive, is Jesus, and God the Father in Heaven.

This is probably the reason why the so called, “men of God”, in the Church, turned a blind eye, to the sin that was taking place, under their watch, because they thought they were forgiven for it.

Any other random guy in the street, who doesn’t even believe in a God, would have made a stand against it, years ago!

Again, total hypocrisy…

- JC

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
The catholic church is Satans biggest and best play on humanity. No i'm not saying Catholics are going to hell, but there beliefs are a complete perversion of Christianity. The worshiping of false idles is a sin, they pray to Mary Joseph and what ever else they see fit and make statues to do so. why does the pope need body guards? non of my pastors did, I've never heard of missionaries walking around china with body guards. why is the pope better then I am? why is he closer to God then me? why can he talk to God easier then me? I thought we are all on the same playing field here.

You're joking, right? Your pastors would most likely do the best that they could to ensure their safety if they had been subjected to death threats and attempted assassinations.

Eric

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join