It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: An Organization in Decline?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Augustusmasonicus drinks beer with Jay Z but would prefer zima.

Actually, when me and Hova are chillin, we typically drink Louis XIII.

Try not to hate.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I hear that stuff is bitchin mixed with sweet tea.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have older relatives that were masons and I chose not to join.

I was a member of a college fraternity and found that secret handshake clubs can get a little old and tedious very quick. Perhaps a part of Masonry's decline has to do with the fact that more men are going to college and joining college fraternities. These men, like me, get a little burned out on secret handshake clubs. They participated in rituals, conducted rituals, and saw them for the silly hocus pocus they really are.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I hear that stuff is bitchin mixed with sweet tea.

I should hit you in the head with the bottle.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I have older relatives that were masons and I chose not to join.

I was a member of a college fraternity and found that secret handshake clubs can get a little old and tedious very quick. Perhaps a part of Masonry's decline has to do with the fact that more men are going to college and joining college fraternities. These men, like me, get a little burned out on secret handshake clubs. They participated in rituals, conducted rituals, and saw them for the silly hocus pocus they really are.

I'm sorry you're so quick to lump all fraternities into the same pot and perhaps that speed-to-judgement explains much. If you actually feel that the focus of Freemasonry is the same as college fraternities, I can hardly disabuse you of your opinion.

However, as has been pointed out through the thread the decline hit its nadir some years ago and while for some lodges the change won't come soon enough to save them from going dark many lodges (especially urban ones) are having trouble just keeping ahead of the number of new applications. In fact, in my lodge we've started recommending applicants who don't have a particular connection with our lodge to another lodge in the same temple that hasn't enjoyed the same prosperity.

As for "the silly hocus pocus", I have to ask whether your opinion on that extends to organised religion? Insofar as Freemasonry is an adjunct to one's religion it would seem that you should.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
During the last great depression ten percent of the adult U.S. male population became freemasons; which meant their was one in every college classroom and decently sized business. Most were speculative masons even during the early 1600's; at one point the Masonry had close to a monopoly in the large scale construction business; people would join them mostly looking for construction work. Another reason for the decline I think is that Masons like Albert Pike give the Freemasonry an impression that they actively cultivate racism; this impression is much stronger than the many anti racist masons like John Brown can refute; one was a general while the other was just Americas first domestic terrorist. Granted (as in Ulysses) Brown's side ultimately one; but when was the last time you heard about abolitionists on the news compared to the KKK Pike wrote the charter for?

When I went to a lodge I did not see anyone who was not a white man. I don't think their was even a single jewish man their; which seemed particularly odd considering masonry is practically connected to the Kabbala through Lilith's umbillical cord. More women than men seem to have interest in the occult; and more latino's than non latino's work construction; I think these would be the two demographics the masonry should try and appeal to. I'm aware most latin americans are catholic, and the catholic church does not like people joining the masonry; however the catholic church is also having a lot of difficulties recently with the pope stepping down. They would also be wise to reach out to latino's by electing a latino pope.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DiogenestheWanker

This link will give you a whole bunch of information on Pike and the claims that he was involved with the KKK, and like I have read in the past, there has not been any evidence other than hearsay after Pike Died, that he was even a member, let alone the Grand Dragon, or Wizzard, or whatever title the head honcho has.

He was alive and actively involved in politics during a time when many southerners were pro-slavery and stupid enough to think that white folks were superior to blacks, but I don't think that alone, is enough to condemn him. (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiogenestheWanker
When I went to a lodge I did not see anyone who was not a white man. I don't think their was even a single jewish man their; which seemed particularly odd considering masonry is practically connected to the Kabbala through Lilith's umbillical cord. More women than men seem to have interest in the occult; and more latino's than non latino's work construction; I think these would be the two demographics the masonry should try and appeal to. I'm aware most latin americans are catholic, and the catholic church does not like people joining the masonry; however the catholic church is also having a lot of difficulties recently with the pope stepping down. They would also be wise to reach out to latino's by electing a latino pope.
So you're saying because you went to one lodge that was all white that all lodges must be all white? Maybe you went to the wrong lodge? If the only lodge you'd ever visited was the one I'm a member of, you'd think that all lodges were a balanced harmony of christian, jew, muslim and deist; asian, caucasian, black, arab, mexican; gay and straight. We're all brothers here.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by DiogenestheWanker
So you're saying because you went to one lodge that was all white that all lodges must be all white? Maybe you went to the wrong lodge? If the only lodge you'd ever visited was the one I'm a member of, you'd think that all lodges were a balanced harmony of christian, jew, muslim and deist; asian, caucasian, black, arab, mexican; gay and straight. We're all brothers here.

Quite honestly, given the nature and tone of his diatribe I seriously doubt he's ever been to a lodge (except in his imagination). And given how his post wanders the hills and dales I doubt he ever will

Fitz

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join