It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most plausible explanation for the weird sounds that I've seen so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've been following the phenomenon of the weird sounds, rumbles and booms for a few years now. Just today I saw a thread on GLP, where some guy made a very good case for the US sounds all being more or less aligned in a diagonal around the New Madrid zone (unfortunately I can't link to the thread, because as soon as I attempted to post the explanation you're about to read, I got banned from the site for no apparent reason).

However, since the sounds and booms have been a global phenomenon, it can't JUST be the New Madrid fault... there has to be more to it.

The best -- and one of the scariest -- explanations I've seen so far came from a recent Hagmann & Hagmann show with Stan Deyo. Stan has been very proficient in predicting earthquakes and such, and his theory is -- and he made a very good case for it -- that the entire Planet Earth is in a phase of expansion.

- That would explain the noises and creaking all over the planet.
- It would explain the massive increase in earthquakes and volcanic activity.
- It would explain the sudden appearance of sinkholes and that huge rift opening up somewhere in the desert.(Was it Africa or the Middle East? I forget).
- It might explain the strange rainbow-cloud phenomenon right before many big earthquakes (a release of gases from the earth coloring the clouds maybe?).

Anyhow, you should see for yourself. I believe the expanding-earth talk starts around 40 minutes, but don't take my word for it.

edit on 26-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Very good theory...but let's take another look at it. Maybe the Arctic ice and permafrost melt is relieving pressure on the earth's crust. All that ice on the poles is very heavy and puts a lot of pressure on the crust. It's a fact that there's been a lot of ice and permafrost melt, which as the ice pulls back it relieves some of this pressure and thus, we have the quakes, sinkholes, cracks, volcanoes, strange sounds and colors, freak weather, booms, explosions and on and on. This theory is along the same lines as the Earth expanding, here the crust is expanding due to less pressure.

The argument goes like this: when the climate changed naturally in the past, and the planet emerged from an ice age, large ice sheets covering much of the planet retreated. They were so heavy that the resulting release of pressure on the earth's crust caused it to 'bounce back', triggering earthquakes, tremors, and even volcanic activity along pre-existing fault lines.

Source

Here's a link about the permafrost melt.

Permafrost melt across Siberia

edit on 26-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Where is the massive increase in earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?? You only have to go back a century or two to find periods with more activity.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by sylvie

Where is the massive increase in earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?? You only have to go back a century or two to find periods with more activity.

It's not so much there's a massive increase in quakes, it's more about the highly unusual areas that are experiencing tremors in recent weeks. Following the Quake Watch 2013 thread, there is a lot of discussion about areas that are trembling right now that haven't, such as a 5.3 in Madagascar, which the poster says he has never heard of. Many small quakes from TX and OK all the way up to PA. There was a 4.1 in East TX two days ago. One poster said his area experience 28 quakes since 1972, 27 of which have been since 2008. You can't deny there is attention to the quakes because of the areas that are waking up and the frequency of the small tremors. I'd agree that larger more measured quakes aren't on the rise, but it's the small, mostly unnoticed that are.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Very good theory...but let's take another look at it. Maybe the Arctic ice and permafrost melt is relieving pressure on the earth's crust. All that ice on the poles is very heavy and puts a lot of pressure on the crust. It's a fact that there's been a lot of ice and permafrost melt, which as the ice pulls back it relieves some of this pressure and thus, we have the quakes, sinkholes, cracks, volcanoes, strange sounds and colors, freak weather, booms, explosions and on and on. This theory is along the same lines as the Earth expanding, here the crust is expanding due to less pressure.

The argument goes like this: when the climate changed naturally in the past, and the planet emerged from an ice age, large ice sheets covering much of the planet retreated. They were so heavy that the resulting release of pressure on the earth's crust caused it to 'bounce back', triggering earthquakes, tremors, and even volcanic activity along pre-existing fault lines.

Source

Here's a link about the permafrost melt.

Permafrost melt across Siberia

edit on 26-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

Very well possible. Either way, an expanding crust makes a lot of sense to me RE: the strange phenomena we've been witnessing.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

if your seeing sounds id lay off the doses for awhile
lol
sorry i had to,

the english language is a funny thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have always thought the Expanding Earth theory is very compelling, and haven't heard any really good counter arguments to it so far.....
The wierd sounds might fit into that just fine.

new topics

top topics

join