It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo: The Milky Way Over Mount Rainier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
please forgive my ignorance

if you get away from "light pollution" can this be seen with the naked eye ?

(I live 25 miles from NYC)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

A litle short piece on GOD & ET's:

There is this well know Italian mystic Maria Valtorta (1897-1961) who wrote some the most incredible writings regarding the life of Jesus and his Holy Mother Mary!
Maria states very clearly that this information comes directly from Jesus himself! Pope Pius XII said regarding Maria Valtorta writing “ Poem of the Man~God (the life of Jesus as it was told to her): "Publish this work as it is. There is no need to give an opinion on its origin, if it be extraordinary or not. Whoever reads it will understand."!

Taken from one of Maria’s notebook date: June 19, 1943 regarding ET’s caught my eyes being a long time Coast listener. The whole passage is provided in the link below but here is a short passage I think you might like.

"But how is it that they have never considered that the 'great Babylon' is the whole Earth? I would be a very small and limited God the Creator if I had created only the Earth as an inhabited world! With a beat of My will I have brought forth worlds upon worlds from nothing and cast them as luminous fine dust into the immensity of the firmament.

"The Earth, about which you are so proud and fierce, is nothing but one of the bits of fine dust rotating in unboundedness, and not the biggest one. It is certainly the most corrupt one, though. Lives upon lives are teeming in the millions of worlds which are the joy of your gaze on peaceful nights, and the perfection of God will appear to you when, with the intellectual sight of your spirits rejoined to God, you are able to see the wonders of those worlds.

valtorta.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nice work God.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Yes, you should have no problem seeing this with the naked eye.
Provided you can get away from even small cities.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This really give me chills. So beautiful... From Earth we really do have an incredible view when we look up into the Heavens, and all around us on Earth too (if you don't live in a concrete jungle like myself, that is). We are so lucky and we don't even know it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

phat pics

Mt. Rainier , isnt this a secret base or something?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hmm strange i pulled that picture into an EXIF view to get some detailed information about what camera settings the guy used and there are absolutely no settings to see. There is no evidence of any camera being used at all.

The only information that the EXIF data holds is about Photoshop 3.

Could this be a fake picture?

edit on 27-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

And to think there is more space than objects is truly mind blowing from our 2D prospective. We haven't even invented the word that can possibly define the enormity of our Universe. Being alive really has its limitations doesn't it?

Thanks OP.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Very nice image but if you sting enough of the long exposure images together and add some music you get this!

vimeo.com...

Many of these timelapse videos on the net and the one above is one of the best!!!

PS there are NO ufo's on this meteors and aircraft only

edit on 27-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Beautiful video, great complement to the Mt. Rainier image - thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes, go out to the desert southwest sometime. The Milky Way can be seen in such brilliance and appear so close that it seems you can reach out and touch it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic image. I am, as ever, humbled before my Creator at His creation.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Hmm strange i pulled that picture into an EXIF view to get some detailed information about what camera settings the guy used and there are absolutely no settings to see. There is no evidence of any camera being used at all.

The only information that the EXIF data holds is about Photoshop 3.

Could this be a fake picture?

On his website he mentions he uses photoshop and something else. It's not fake, he along with other photographers use those programs to sharpen, brighten, crop stuff from their pictures.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)

Im a photographer myself and when you use Photoshop to edit a picture it still leaves on all the data about the camera make and model, shutter speed, iso , fstop, flash, time , date and a whole bunch more camera data.

But there is none of that on this photograph..it just says it was made with a very old version of Photoshop. No mention of ever having touched a real camera at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It's nearly impossible to get away from light pollution today. At least not 100%. Yes, this can be seen with the naked eye. Yes, I am completely jealous of the vision our ancestors saw when looking up.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am proud to say that my Grandfather in 1934 sold the 160 acres to the California Institute of Technology for the location that became the Mt. Palomar Observatory and over the years contributed several times that purchase price back to the Institute, beginning with a portion of the funds used to purchase the Hale Telescope.

Since then, we have sold almost half of the lands my family and extended family once ranched and farmed, to developers (not always willingly) who built what became Cities and with the people and cities came the lights and with the lights, the night skies full of the stars I grew up watching faded from view. But with the development came roads and land that at one time we could only reach by horseback and later by Jeep and Truck opened up. And now, at almost 60, I have built what will probably be my last home on land just down the road from the Mount Palomar Observatory and I, like my grandfather and his father and his father, I can see the stars at night. It is really mystical.

None of my personal photos do the sky justice but here is some of what I see at night: The Milky Way

It is worth noting that with Night-vision Binoculars the skies are often full of lights moving like no man-made craft could move so, when I hear people doubt that their are ETs here, I can only smile knowing they have no idea.

edit on 27-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Im a photographer myself and when you use Photoshop to edit a picture it still leaves on all the data about the camera make and model, shutter speed, iso , fstop, flash, time , date and a whole bunch more camera data.

But there is none of that on this photograph..it just says it was made with a very old version of Photoshop. No mention of ever having touched a real camera at all.

He did say it was taken in October, and with no clouds, grass look's dry, and little snow or ice on the glaciers I'm beginning to rethink it..
I'm an early stages photographer, basically I have a camera and have little knowledge of it but trying to learn it. Cannon 300d. If I uploaded a picture here could you tell me the info on it? (not being negative, just for comparison to the picture the OP posted)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The reason there is no EXIF data is due to Instagram - which is where this photo is being shared from - strips out all EXIF data. It was done to prevent sharing (even accidentally) GPS data via photos.

Instagram kills the EXIF data...

The Instagram Metadata Massacre

Just Google "Instagram" and "EXIF data", you'll see plenty of talk (mostly from photographers) about Instagram not including it.

So it's not a conspiracy on the part of the photographer.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Most shots like that are 20-30secs or more depending on iso rating, latitude,focal length of lens to control star trails.

If a tracker has been used for long exposures so there are no start trails if the landscape is in view that will be blurred so a composite picture one for the landscape and one for the stars and merged in photoshop etc may be done.

Also many people doing this kind of photography will use photoshop to post process the image to bring out the most detail.

There are plenty of sites and forums on the net were you can get the required info either astrophotography or timelapse site.

Hoping to get a few shots like that myself if I can get to the best dark sky site near were I live which has a dark sky quality of 22+ on a scale of 24 for a darkroom.
edit on 28-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Incredible! thanks for posting this

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join