It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threatens Justice Department over hacktivist death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The good stuff isn't online. The feds have two systems, one is connected to the internet and the other is internal. They need an insider to give them the real stuff. Anon can take down public sites, hack public sites but that isn't where the good stuff is. Of course, its possible someone screwed up and put info on the public side.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

V

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Anonymous has two functions:

1) Create the perception of the government being vulnerable to cyber attacks and thus allow them to regulate the internet with a lock and key. Everyone will be required to have an internet login and will thus be trackable.

2) Flush out anyone that shows dissent in a threatening manner towards the government.

The internet is our last cry of freedom, don't let these smooth criminals get away with this.

It's true, anyone or any number of unrelated anonomous anyones can use that name to either take credit or *discredit* anyone or anything else and if these alleged hacks look 'to good to be true' they well may be.

Besides, personally and just my opinion, I'm not sure I believe hacking is legitimate whether from insiders or outsiders.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, if anyone in the government has lax computer security measures, it would probably be all those old farts.

Perhaps the 'warhead' threat isn't an existential one. I've read rumors that there's a dozen or so small tactical nukes 'hidden' through the U.S. and that they are a possible nice source of ransom money. Thus the paranoid DHS 'see something say something' search mode on every major highway and truck stop. Those searches include radiation sniffers.

I hadn't considered that Anon was just a NSA covert op to crack down on the internet, but that sounds like the kind of thing they'd think of.

This whole globe is one huge rabbit hole with an S & M dungeon at the bottom of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Latest twitter post from operation last resort. Today was the deadline.

OpLastResort ‏@OpLastResort

6pm: tick tock, tick tock on the Holder clock. Really think you can brush off the House Oversight Committee AND Anonymous?! #opLastResort

www.twitter.com

<< 1   >>

join