It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threatens Justice Department over hacktivist death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Anonymous threatens Justice Department over hacktivist death

edition.cnn.com

In anger over the recent death of an Internet activist who faced federal charges, hackers claiming to be from the group Anonymous threatened early Saturday to release sensitive information about the U.S. Department of Justice.

They claimed to have one such file on multiple servers ready for immediate release.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is a new campaign launched by anonymous at 11.59pm last night.

Anonymous are blaming the feds for causing Aaron Swatrz to commit suicide. They claim Aaron was left no choice.

In response they have launched OPERATION LAST RESORT

They began by attacking the US gov sentencing website. They have posted video and details of the operation.

They claim to have acquired very serious and damaging information over the last while and are threatening to release this information if their demands are not met. They are referring to this information as warheads.

They claim if released this will cause collateral damage.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Operation last resort

Shall we play a game?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I love their spunk and enthusiasm but if the Americans taking hellfire missiles up the tail pipe in Yemen didn't make something clear I hope they tune into the new reality real quick. Threats just tell Uncle there is a new target to go make "passive" and a problem to be solved.

To get all Yoda for a moment. There is no Try. Only do or do not. Threats just make them look weak and whiny. DO it and then explain how more may come ....or they may well join the guy they're mad about and may never even know it happened. The lights in their world will just wink out as they'd ever perceive it.

I think they're still in game playing mode when the game ended awhile back and it's overtime where the points really count.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is info on pastebins were you can find more info on the nature of this operation.

The names of the information warheads they claim to be in possession of are titled as follows;

Scalia.Warhead1
Kennedy.Warhead1
Thomas.Warhead1
Ginsburg.Warhead1
Breyer.Warhead1
Roberts.Warhead1
Alito.Warhead1
Sotomayor.Warhead1
Kagan.Warhead1

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Oh for the love of..... What is their problem?! We have *ONE* Branch of Government still functioning in some decent way and NOT totally and thoroughly corrupted from the inside out and they pick THAT ONE to attack?!?! I totally misunderstood a thread last night for what they meant by warhead as I couldn't play their silly video then and went by comments....but this is absurd. The file names kinda say it all and the SUPREME COURT?!?!

Hey, how about Department of Justice, the State Department or the White House if they have hacking skills to envy?? If they're REALLY good, how about a peek at some of what the NSA and CIA hold? Perhaps DARPA and DIA would make for some real fascinating docu-dumps for the enterprising hacktivist.

The Supreme COURT though?! Oh.. brilliant... So we'll lose ALL three branches when the sitting Justices are brought low by scandal and replaced by true political hacks to a person. Then? We really HAVE lost all reasonable hope of reversing the fall we're in the middle of. I at least hold SOME hope now by things like Heller showing the Roberts Court may not be on our side per say, but they are NOT on anyone ELSE's either. That's good enough for me right now.

Focus elsewhere for the love of all.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The operation last resort video above was posted under the youtube account Aarons Arkangel.

A few hours before hand this was also uploaded;

Aaron Swartz and a depraved Justice System

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If the government doesn't like how we play their game that's too bad. There are a lot of control freaks in this world and people are getting tired of it.

Everyone needs to clean up their act, review the moral code and stick to it.

If the government wants people to play fair IT needs to eliminate corruption in its own ranks and set a good example.

That won't happen though. The power that runs this world is deeply corrupted, beyond redemption. It is omnipotent, omniscient, pure evil and it lurks in every one of us.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well it was the Supreme Court that decided corporations are people. IMO that was one of the most damaging decisions in recent history. The ramifications are just beginning from that.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Wasn't it the SC that decided corporations could patent genes? What kind of bull is that?

I'm all for capitalism but business in our country wants to own us like cattle.

The SC is supposed to be the last stop for common sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

That is the thing about the Court... they go up and down with decisions we like and don't. In the Citizens United, I happened to agree with their decision for one simple reason and honestly, ONLY one. If that decision to declare Corps somehow limited from supporting the system ...or corrupting it...as they see fit IS NOT extended to labor unions and other large scale and high dollar organizations? Then finding any other way would have been a violation of equal protections and treatment. You can't muzzle big business and have their nemesis, big labor, free to rampage across the political landscape with their truckloads of millions to every candidate.

That may not have been quite the logic the Roberts court used in deciding it, but it;s sure the logic my feelings about it are based on. It didn't make me the most popular occupier in camp but heck...neither did the gun in the small of my back on the CCW permit. That's life....

In another example. their Obamacare ruling was classic Supreme Court and again, one to send a thank you note for. They decided Obama and Co. COULD tax people on the mandate but it had to be called a tax. IN THE SAME DECISION and what so many overlooked and ignored as a minor detail at the time was the part saying the states could also tell Uncle Sammy where to stick the WHOLE thing if they so chose (and many now have) without penalty or recrimination taken in other funding out of Washington. (Their normal method of forcing compliance with mandates handed down)

So it's a mixed bag which shows how UN-biased the court actually is. I may not like their thinking on many decisions but I respect their ability to decide without showing consistent favor to ANY one side. That's precisely how it was designed to be, too.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

At a regular interval commencing today, we will choose one media outlet and supply them with heavily redacted partial contents of the file. Any media outlets wishing to be eligible for this program must include within their reporting a means of secure communications.

mashable.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe he committed suicide to begin with. Very high possibility he was out and out murdered, "suicided"!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh for the love of..... What is their problem?! We have *ONE* Branch of Government still functioning in some decent way and NOT totally and thoroughly corrupted from the inside out and they pick THAT ONE to attack?!?! I totally misunderstood a thread last night for what they meant by warhead as I couldn't play their silly video then and went by comments....but this is absurd. The file names kinda say it all and the SUPREME COURT?!?!

I think the naming might be symbolic, like battleships. The USS Kansas has nothing to do with Kansas... but its named that anyway

edit on 1/26/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hmmm....well what else can one say but this...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I think the naming might be symbolic, like battleships. The USS Kansas has nothing to do with Kansas... but its named that anyway

edit on 1/26/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

I was going to bring up the same point. There "missiles of justice"

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That's entirely possible... Although, having seen a lot of these things come across Cryptome over the past year or more as well as their own ..deeper... sites, they tend to be descriptive and somewhat literal for names vs. content.

I dunno... There is always the same thing with Anony. It could be the modern day Kevin Mitnick or it could be a 13yr old nerd in his parents basement, sucking down mountain dews and having the time of his life.

I guess we'll all find out if/when they release the rest everyone needs to open these and see what it is.

A personal note though? I'll be honest... I've downloaded A LOT of stuff. Gigs and Gigs over the past couple years. I am NOT downloading these, myself. Something doesn't feel right to me here and it's no more than a gut thing but I'm following it. I imagine everyone will be full of info about what is to be found when the time comes. My addition to the myriad of people with a copy won't be much to add to that, either way.

CX

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

They claim to have acquired very serious and damaging information over the last while and are threatening to release this information if their demands are not met.

So what kind of people does that make Anonymous if they know of damning info and don't just release it already?

CX.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Anonymous has two functions:

1) Create the perception of the government being vulnerable to cyber attacks and thus allow them to regulate the internet with a lock and key. Everyone will be required to have an internet login and will thus be trackable.

2) Flush out anyone that shows dissent in a threatening manner towards the government.

The internet is our last cry of freedom, don't let these smooth criminals get away with this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There have been rumors that Aaron Swartz discovered a pedophile ring related to MIT and that he may have sent or hid data he found that could implicate people at the highest levels of government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join