It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth exposes North Korea's secret prison camps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

What We've Got Here is Failure to Communicate

All I can say is at least here in USA they don't have to eat corn out of animal crap. (see OP linked article) and 5 dollars is a bunch of food on the "value menu" at most drive thur's.

edit on 26-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Such a double standard.. The US (who has the largest prison population in the world) has private prison labor camps all over the country where the workers make about 5 bucks a day
edit on 1/26/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

You are wrong, this is not a double standard. A double standard is trading and having diplomatic relations with China and Vietnam, both of which are guilty of the same thing, yet having sanctions on North Korea.

You are on the internet, right? Compared to North Korea, Vietnam and China the US isthe land of the free!

As much as I dislike many of the US foreign policy decisions, trying to use the argument of double standards with the US borders on the ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
How are they secret if n.korea knows about it and if everybody in n.korea knows you can be sent there.

You know what the homicide rate is in n.korea among the civilian population: zero.

You would literally have to be insane or have a death wish to commit a crime in n.korea.

No one knows what they do or happens in a n.korean prison camp unless you've been in one or know someone personally that you know has been in one.

But from what we have heardbest could be a brutal dictatorship that doesnt tolerate crime, But forgives transgressions, Doesn't help you, but helps you to help yourselves.

Basically in n.korea, it could be if you don't help each other to survive, no one will.

How about offering them kindness and respect, Compassion and help for their starving, and see if they accept it.
edit on 27-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Pinke

Then someone better do it before we do what we always do. In this case, we would be completely justified.

I hope it doesn't come that.

America is good at the first part of the equation (removal of dictator) but has a bad track record when it comes to the next part (adding another dictator/government).

Am not sure you can just walk into a country and replace its government and expect a positive result. I'm thinking at the moment that America should have withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan straight away and handed it over to the U.N ... even though I don't think that highly of the U.N either.

I'll be honest, I have no solution I'd be 100% comfortable with.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

It is a Horror Movie Scenario , the Things that are being done to this population is beyong anything we can call "Human"
I Can remember The Funeral of their Beloved leader , 3 rows of Crying people beyond that a row with soldiers pointing AK's at the crowd , Possible opening Fire on the first person that does not shed tears.

North Korea is Nothing more than one Big Mind Control Facility , in order to enslave Generations and make them Mindless Puppets Through Hard line Indoctrinations.

Where can i sign up to liberate these people??

TheGreazel

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have been watching North Korea for a few years now and seen the YT videos of the death camps. Hitler would have loved North Korea I am sure. I think it is disgusting that the UN have not done ANYTHING to say that North Korea have the death camps and action taken on these grounds alone, never mind the nukes.

However it seems even China is pissed off now with North Korea and so hopefully change is coming. Personally I would like to see the regime put on trial like Nurmerburg and executed for what they have done. There can be NO excuse.

FREE NORTH KOREA!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Personally I would like to see the regime put on trial like Nurmerburg and executed for what they have done. There can be NO excuse.

What country in the world can say they are any better? Countries who have armed forces are guilty of death crimes.

This whole system has become one big death camp.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
10,000 artillery cannons aimed at Seoul says nothing will be done about this, even if the images become 3D!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I had learned some years ago that North Korea has has the largest prison in the world exclusively for CHILDREN
and there are 3 ways to imprisoned there.

1. actually commit a crime

2. be caught on the streets after curfew hours
(but it is known that many hunt rats at night to feed their families)

3. If your Parents are Known or Thought to be talking or planning against the Government then the Children are taken away as punishment as the Parents are also imprisoned.

I forgot the name of the prison but it is the largest in the world designed just for children. You can only imagine the horrors they are living in there under evil guards and among other kids preying upon the weak.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Personally I would like to see the regime put on trial like Nurmerburg and executed for what they have done. There can be NO excuse.

What country in the world can say they are any better? Countries who have armed forces are guilty of death crimes.

Yes but this is a systematic genoicide of people in the name of political ideology. One day the full horror of what has gone on in North Korea will be exposed and I suspect it will be on a par with the Holocaust.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I just read a story in 'the sun' about North Koreans eating their children because they are starving to death but I don't know if its true or not so I won't bother to start a new thread on it.

People being held in prison camps because they oppose Kim and Communism?? I guess thats just as bad as eating children to survive!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

North Korean leader impossible to decipher

OPINION: If North Korea's new leader, Kim Jong-un, wanted to end the brutal and destructive tyranny that his father and grandfather imposed on the country, he would need support from abroad. The military and Communist Party elites who control and benefit from that system would have to be brought round or bought off, and that would require lots of foreign aid and a global amnesty for their crimes. So how would he get the foreigners to help?
Well, he'd have to show them that he was willing to reform, but he couldn't be too obvious about it at first, or those elites would just get rid of him. He'd drop a hint here, make a gesture there, and hope that the foreigners would trust him and help him to change the country. Rather like the Burmese generals did when they began to dismantle their own half- century-old dictatorship two years ago.
read more here www.stuff.co.nz...

Very good take on whats up. If your read the whole thing. That's about all any regular person can do right now is just follow the news.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What does perceived or real situations in the U.S. have to do with this? Why, when someone brings up something that bears further scrutiny, the first reaction by many is "Well the U.S. has no reason to talk!" People act as if only a perfect country can dare speak about outrages somewhere else in the world. And that people that have nothing to do with running their government, are however beholden to their countries actions, and lose their voice because of it. Get off your hate horse for crying out loud - we get it, you hate the United States.

There.. watch that more recent glimpse into North Korea by Lisa Ling. The way their government controls their people is terrible. And you can get first-hand testimony by former citizens who can indeed, verify how quickly they drag off families to prison camps if you go against their leaders. It's rather grim.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Yes but this is a systematic genoicide of people in the name of political ideology. One day the full horror of what has gone on in North Korea will be exposed and I suspect it will be on a par with the Holocaust.

a couple hundred million dead injuns later

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

In total, 7,225,800 adults were under correctional supervision (probation, parole, jail, or prison) in 2009 – about 3.1% of adults in the U.S. resident population.[3][4][11]

In addition, there were 70,792 juveniles in juvenile detention in 2010.[12]

7 million adults, 70 thousand teens in prison/juve in usa,,, wth is 200k

just becasue your country makes 500 thousand laws a year, doesnt mean they are not political. heh

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't you start comparing East Berlin Soviet to the full scale dictatorship of North Korea

At least in East Berlin you had jobs, life in the East Berlin was very similar to West Berlin.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw a segment on 60 Minutes last month, about a former prisoner from one of those North Korean political prison camps. The man was younger than me, around 24 years old I believe, and I was BORN into the prison. His WHOLE life, he never knew what existed outside of the prison. According to him, there are 6 major political prisons, the one he was from being one of the largest, holding at least 25,000 people. North Korea has a certain law, where if you go against them politically, they can send you, and the next TWO GENERATIONS from you to the prison camps for LIFE.

That means if they threw me in there, I get a life sentence, my SON gets a life sentence, and my GRANDSON gets a life sentence. The reason behind this is to basically weed out ANY families that go against North Korean leadership. They effectively DESTROY the family line.

This guy has a book written now, the guy who escaped. He ratted out his family for trying to escape, and had to watch his mother and sister I believe get executed. That was the thing that haunts him the most, I believe.

He said it is a COMPLETE brainwashing camp. It isn't a prison like we have in the US....the prisons are actually like mini-cities. Their are factories, mini condo type places of residence, all kinds of stuff. Apparently they ALL have to work 7 days a week, around 12-16 hours a day. They get VERY little food to eat, so many of them eat anything they can catch, like cockroaches, rats, etc.

I suggest anyone interested try to find the book by this guy. Sorry I forget his name, but as I said, I heard about it from 60 minutes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Wasn't her sister and someone else "guests" of Kim Jong Il and Slick Willy Clinton had to charm them out?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't you start comparing East Berlin Soviet to the full scale dictatorship of North Korea

At least in East Berlin you had jobs, life in the East Berlin was very similar to West Berlin.

I appreciate your passion in how you remember East Berlin and the D.D.R. as a whole. You are going by memory, right? Not simply the writings of authors since, I assume? I'm going by direct memory of the reporting and just stunned realization which came after the world got into places like the Stasi headquarters to see just what the regime of the DDR had done and been doing to it's people.

It took real digging because I could have sworn I wrote a thread on it..and maybe I did but just can't find it in the list? Who knows..I did write a well sourced and imaged post about one aspect of the evil perpetrated by the East German communist regime though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a fascinating thing to read about and knowing history is absolutely critical to understanding the present, in my view. It's probably why I've been so passionate about learning as much as I can absorb for most of my life. Even back in 1989...I was a news hound and running my little single line dial-up BBS while CNN ran as background.

In the case of North Korea and East Germany as it was while known better as the Deutsche Demokratische Republik? I definitely will make the comparison as the two places, regimes and control methods against their own citizens have much in common. After all, they were on the same side for quite a number of years to be purely pragmatic about it. The similarities aren't surprising in that context.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermarket2012
North Korea has a certain law, where if you go against them politically, they can send you, and the next TWO GENERATIONS from you to the prison camps for LIFE.

NK has no "laws". It has organised, abject tyranny.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join