Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is the link to my thread about it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the guy I work with who watched The Secret and thought that the money was just going to start falling into his pockets. A few weeks later he was pissed off and cursing The Secret for being a sham and a waste of his time, all the while I just sit there and think to myself what the hell is wrong with people! Your mind (ego) is your own worst enemy, if you can quiet the mind that's when the magic happens.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Well said.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This thread reminds me of the guy I work with who watched The Secret and thought that the money was just going to start falling into his pockets. A few weeks later he was pissed off and cursing The Secret for being a sham and a waste of his time, all the while I just sit there and think to myself what the hell is wrong with people! Your mind (ego) is your own worst enemy, if you can quiet the mind that's when the magic happens.

Your reply is meaningless, it doesnt move anyone close to the truth its just more propaganda support for the new age train that has lost its way.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Stop following and start seeking yourself. If you cannot find yourself then what is the use?

Good point, another point i will add is the internet is Antithesis of enlightement.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldie
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Athlon,

You are correct with your perceptions of the New Age Industry, and the general new-agers who are to be found within it. Sadly, this movement went down the same path as all other human endeavours, towards Greed, Unbalanced Ego, and Lifestyle.

But, this in no way describes the few people who may sound like new-agers because of the wording they use, but who instead of simply following chose instead to forge their own paths to opening up to their own higher awareness.. which is what you were seeking as a Seeker in your extremely short time attending the new-age Industry.

My expeprience of the Industry and it's proponents is that they are Lost, yet Believe that they are not. And so we find Belief is again the main barrier to any greater understanding of oneself.

No one will ever truly learn as a Follower. No one will ever truly learn from non-action, meaning, that if you do not put in the necessary EFFORT yourself, then you are doomed to fail as most new-agers have. No amount of fluffy once a week meditation meetings will do anything for you. Instead you will need to set aside the time each day or night in order to follow the path that you.. as a Soul... knows is best for you.

In which case you will have no need for all the hoopla associated with most of the new-age indsutry. But you will need to meet and work with the thing that Represents your soul to you, commonly mis-referred to as "spirit guide" by the unknowing Followers. In fact, it is the main guide, your own Higher-Self that you need to find, and learn how to work with, otherwise you will never, ever, learn anything of great value.

Sorry to read that you have become jaded by your short-term following. And right there is another clue... none of what you seek will come in such a short time as you described. There are no quick fixes, and you have experienced that, which unfortunately has jaded your perspective.

Good reply you have described the situation accurately. Im not actually Jaded i have decided to have fun with the new age.......use it for comedy relief. Every new age person i had met in any capacity embodies these core elements Greed, Unbalanced Ego, and Lifestyle. They are phoney but thats ok i can use them for amusement

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Truth?

Are you really looking for some form of truth in this world or the next? I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed if that is your ultimate goal, because nothing is as it seems and the only thing we really know is that we don't know anything completely. Our faulty senses lie to us as much as our minds do. We put altogether too much value on empirical dogma since, eventually, it will be questioned and found to be inaccurate in some way. Better to trust your instincts and bumble through life as best you can, believing in whatever and dismissing the rest.

I've heard it said that we stumble backwards through the time stream of our lives, seeing only the rocks we slipped on in the past. The future is as uncertain as the biggest lottery in this world, imho. 'Learn from the past and prepare for the future' is the way to be.

If religion is the way for someone, that's their path. What good will it do to try to divest him or her of that support? You would be wise to allow an alchemist, shaman or reader of tea leaves the same nicety.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Are you really looking for some form of truth in this world or the next? I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed if that is your ultimate goal, because nothing is as it seems and the only thing we really know is that we don't know anything completely.

Possibly the truth cant be known in its entirity while we are alive. There is however enough of the jigsaw pieces here in this reality for me to work out at least what is false.

Better to trust your instincts and bumble through life as best you can, believing in whatever and dismissing the rest.

True, therefore I hereby dismiss all entities bearing false gifts.

'Learn from the past and prepare for the future' is the way to be.

Hence why I wrote this thread.

If religion is the way for someone, that's their path. What good will it do to try to divest him or her of that support? You would be wise to allow an alchemist, shaman or reader of tea leaves the same nicety.

I never said i was a nice guy.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I never said i was a nice guy.

Yes...

Originally posted by AthlonSavage Every new age person i had met in any capacity embodies these core elements Greed, Unbalanced Ego, and Lifestyle. They are phoney but thats ok i can use them for amusement

You've made that quite apparent already.

However, I consider mockery, no matter who or what the target, to be the lowest and least convincing argument in any debate. If it is your purpose to continue with such an unsubstantiated dismissive attitude, I doubt there is anything further I could add to this thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You've made that quite apparent already.

However, I consider mockery, no matter who or what the target, to be the lowest and least convincing argument in any debate. If it is your purpose to continue with such an unsubstantiated dismissive attitude, I doubt there is anything further I could add to this thread.

You a person who has great views you set bench marks. Im a person who views things for what they are and what they could be, and inevitably what they will be.
edit on 26-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Your reply is meaningless, it doesnt move anyone close to the truth its just more propaganda support for the new age train that has lost its way.

Lol, I see perfectly clear where your coming from now, I thought troll threads were against T&C's? Good luck with your spiritual journey there buddy!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Wow, you have been busy busy, watching youtube videos and gaining information here on ATS. According to your thread count, you're at 2,748 posts as of my posting. You registered on April 16, 2012 roughly 9 months of active participation with an average of 300 postings a month. 10 posts a day in which you read information here and replied when you felt your contribution was appropriate or needed part of your "research." That seems like a lot of time in front of a computer to me. The reflection of your OP is based upon a fractured mirror.

Can you explain to me how receiving digital information online was going to translate into gaining an actual spiritual experience? What have you actually experienced? The spark of your soul is being smoothered as your ego reasserts its dominance. Fascinating to watch
edit on 26-1-2013 by starshift because: added

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Wow, you have been busy busy, watching youtube videos and gaining information here on ATS. According to your thread count, you're at 2,748 posts as of my posting. You registered on April 16, 2012 roughly 9 months of active participation with an average of 300 postings a month. 10 posts a day in which you read information here and reply when you feel its appropriate or a part of your "research." That seems like a lot of time in front of a computer to me.

wow 10 posts a day equates to alot of time online wow great extrapolation sherlock. I do spend more time than i probably should on a computer but i will wager anything you want right now im more educated than you, more physically fitter than you, and more mentally agile than you. Yeh so by your standards i will be seen as an extremist. Its quiet clear my thread has made you upset which means im striking a chord close to home. Its called the truth chord candy apple.

edit on 26-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I really don't know what you are calling New Age, and yet find whenever I speak up from my own experiences and what I've been shown and what I believe often get called New Age like its some kind derogatory put down for awareness and anyone escaping from the box of the religions.

Well, alot of new age is ancient. Some of it is psi, obe, astral, lucid, shamanistic, simply being spiritual in a free way, natural seeking within, and without accepting credos, or eclectic, ie free enough to explore any material or scripture with discernment, taking only what is right, resonates as truth within, or opens a door of exploration and does not harm at all.

I don't consider those things NEW. They're very ancient.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
From what I see, the primary difference between new age and old age religion is that new age doesn't see sex as something bad, and so they enjoy quite a bit of it, while old age religions think sex is evil, and engage in a lot of back room buggering, often of underage members of the congregation.

One is no less a con artist than the other.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I do agree that your ego is more overdeveloped than mine. It's been serving you triumphantly throughout your life and it's not about to let it's dominance be threatened.

You still didn't answer the questions and I doubt you ever will. Some things are just to difficult too face.

edit on 26-1-2013 by starshift because: added

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Can you explain to me how receiving digital information online was going to translate into gaining an actual spiritual experience? What have you actually experienced? The spark of your soul is being smoothered as your ego reasserts its dominance. Fascinating to watch

The fundamental form of everything is energy and that included digital information. The fact you cant see that makes me realise your experience of knowledge is on the level of the proverbs that come with fortune cookies.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You can only read so much before you have to just experience things.Did you even learn how to meditate?
It all about letting go of the ego so it doesn't rule your life and you think you are better than everyone else. From all your replies and especially the this one which makes me think you are young.Early 20's maybe

i will wager anything you want right now im more educated than you, more physically fitter than you, and more mentally agile than you.

You can't say that when you are 80 can you?
You started from the wrong place. Sure there are some charlatans like everything else ego driven in this world. Just wondering why you started in the first place. Maybe you are unsatisfied with yourself and what you have and believe. You have to come from a place of humility. Good luck in your search maybe when you are older you will realize and think different about things. If you just learn how to meditate you actually don't need these guru's or whoever.
Who looks outside dreams, who looks inside awakens

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Just wondering why you started in the first place

Get with the program Celtic the new age movement is simply here to entertain us all, and this thread is nothing more than to expose it for what it is. If members post have a go at me i will have a go back its ebb and flow, tidal gravity blah blah blah....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Im sorry. I got through your second reply and laughed at your "eloquent" OP. Wanna see eleqoquent, read a book about consciousness. That's sophisticated. And it seems like your the mad one because you can't be a part of something new. I'm not defending them, but you said a guy was trolling, as you trolled him, singing a song that has nothing to do about trolling. Eloquently put, your dumb, speechless, and until you find your voice, you can't experience potentials of understanding life in way beyond the physical dimensions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join