It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Athlonsavage all religions come from the same source. Islam,Christianity,Buddhism,Hinduism,Judaism all share the same symbols or variations of them.New age is combinations of the eastern ones. The main symbol they all share is the symbol of the sun. So you are part of the new age whether you like it or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Awareness never goes anywhere, it is never absent - if it was you would walk into things and get run over, crash the car etc.
Awareness in humans gets stuck in the thoughts and is hyponized by them. Spell bound. And that is why you would walk into things (awareness is full of somewhere/somewhen else).
Just see that you see thoughts.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I would like to take this moment to point at that you keep saying, "See the seer. See what is seeing. Look within and see that which is looking."

If we do that, then we will only ever see ourselves. We will only ever see the beginning, and none of the middle or end. Because we are seeing the seeing, not seeing what is being seen. In fact, the seen would be the seeing. What's the point of watching yourself all the time?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Awareness never goes anywhere or is ever absent - if it did you would walk into things and get run over, crash the car etc.
Awareness in humans gets stuck in the thoughts and is hyponized by them. Spell bound.

I know thoughts are physical creations, because how else can memories be stored in the brain. If some of us are indeed hypnotized by awarenesss, it is most likely due to fear of the unknown. This is why, perhaps, we need the gurus, elders, medicine men/women, seers, etc., to help guide us to this end, not to preach what is (their?) reality or (their?) awareness.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I would like to take this moment to point at that you keep saying, "See the seer. See what is seeing. Look within and see that which is looking."

If we do that, then we will only ever see ourselves. We will only ever see the beginning, and none of the middle or end. Because we are seeing the seeing, not seeing what is being seen. In fact, the seen would be the seeing. What's the point of watching yourself all the time?

Look toward that which is seeing. Does the scene disappear?
What can you actually find/see when you look toward the seer?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Awareness never goes anywhere or is ever absent - if it did you would walk into things and get run over, crash the car etc.
Awareness in humans gets stuck in the thoughts and is hyponized by them. Spell bound.

I know thoughts are physical creations, because how else can memories be stored in the brain. If some of us are indeed hypnotized by awarenesss, it is most likely due to fear of the unknown. This is why, perhaps, we need the gurus, elders, medicine men/women, seers, etc., to help guide us to this end, not to preach what is (their?) reality or (their?) awareness.

I didn't say that anyone is hypnotized by awareness.
I am saying that awareness gets stuck in the thinking - awareness basically gets hijacked. It can't see past the concepts.

The 'surmising' is distracting and untrue. And until this is realized thought (surmising) will lead one astray.
'Surmising' is assuming.
To assume is to make an ass (of ) u (and of) me.
It is better to be honest and not know anything beyond what is present - there may be ideas but they are seen to be just ideas arising presently.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I also keep asking you a question which for some unknown reason you refuse to answer. In case you have missed it, here it is once more:

Do you ever slip into the past?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I didn't say that anyone is hypnotized by awareness.
I am saying that awareness gets stuck in the thinking - awareness basically gets hijacked. It can't see past the concepts.

The 'surmising' is distracting and untrue. And until this is realized thought (surmising) will lead one astray.
'Surmising' is assuming.
To assume is to make an ass (of ) u (and of) me.

My surmising is not assuming, I make perception-based hypothetical guesses where my experiences and perceived realities are concerned. For me, I will hold and keep it all in its place until such time as I am able to move forward on my terms by my choice, in my own time, and silencing the outside noises. Again, we all have our own levels of perception, reality, and awareness and nobody else on this Earth can preach about someone else's state of awareness. We can only listen and try to understand others' journeys.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
sur·mise (sr-mz)
v. sur·mised, sur·mis·ing, sur·mis·es
v.tr.
To infer (something) without sufficiently conclusive evidence.
v.intr.
To make a guess or conjecture.
n.
An idea or opinion based on insufficiently conclusive evidence; a conjecture.

Surmising at the end of the day is not truth.
Seeing is truth.
Even the surmising is seen.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You have nothing to be sorry of...but please remember this is a one strike at bat.

You have presented your beliefs and that is fine. This is also a willing debate so talking about such things in a willfull conversation is fine too.

My issues come when it is not willfull and some have the audacity to actually believe that they know what reality is. Perhaps they do for themselves....but not for me!

Split Infinity...p.s....Revelations took end of the world text from the Hindu Bible...the Sumarians...Babalonians, Mesopotamians...YOU NAME IT. It was written by MEN using the written words of other Men to scare Men.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

sur·mise (sr-mz)
v.tr.
v.intr.
n.

Seeing is truth.

Surmising can be truth without evidence, or a truth that can't be proven to anyone but oneself. I surmise it is a mystery.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Surmise essentially means "reason to suspect". What's your point?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Exactly, to suspect, to guess, to theorize, to have reason to believe without proof. Where is the confusion with you?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Time is just something that people believe is real - just because there is movement seen.
Do you ever slip into the past?

You do all the time, every thing you say is rhetorical. Im thinking you should of called yourself Itispastagain
edit on 2-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Just to add, this is and never has been 'new age'.

The Mayan calendar 2012 date expired and there is no longer a new age, what we have now is the New new age. We need to get out terminology right how about the Newagechapter2. The newage expired was under the Sun what will this chapter 2 version be under the Moon?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Just to add, this is and never has been 'new age'.

The Mayan calendar 2012 date expired and there is no longer a new age, what we have now is the New new age. We need to get out terminology right how about the Newagechapter2. The newage expired was under the Sun what will this chapter 2 version be under the Moon?

All I know is that I like to be walking in the sun.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

sur·mise (sr-mz)
v.tr.
v.intr.
n.

Seeing is truth.

Surmising can be truth without evidence, or a truth that can't be proven to anyone but oneself. I surmise it is a mystery.

Surmising is not truth - it is surmising.
Imagination.

You may use the word 'surmise' as 'truth without evidence' but where i come from 'surmise' has nothing to do with truth.
Please post me a copy where 'surmise' is refered to as truth if you find any evidence of it online as i would be very interested in seeing it..
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You are both looking in the wrong direction. Try using your third eye and see don't look.

The third eye is the same Symbol the Illuminati use within the triangle.
Its symbolic of Ordo Novo Secularum big brothers control thats about it! Face it esotercism is a farce and a front for Fascism the nazis proved it the Italian fascists proved it, Charlie Manson proved it

edit on 3-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

The third eye is a lot older than the Illuminati. Nice to see you're keeping up with mainstream media, though.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

There isn't a new age because everyone is too ****ing lazy to be the change they want. If you marked the calendar, got up that morning, and looked outside after spending two months looking forward to a new car, and you saw a new car was not sitting in the drive way, you turn around and ask yourself, "What did I do to make that happen for me?"

The fact that the world didn't change says one thing, and one thing only: the world isn't bad enough for us to want change yet. And it frightens me to think how bad it will have to get before we, as a collective species, put our feet down and say "Dammit, something has to give."

I'm thinking we're gonna push it as far as it will possibly go. Not a wise move.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join