The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The New Age movement has been going on a very long time. In truth, it heralds all the way back to the beginnings of ALL religions which have (so far) been dated to significantly more than 40,000 years ago.

The basis for New Age thinking is that there are alternate realities like the 'Spirit World' which certain individuals claim to have visited though various means. The answers those people are looking for are questions related to hunting, weather, cures and contact with deceased persons and even 'gods'.

Older stuff than Moses, folks, and it is hardwired into our brains.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If you want to find the source of all knowledge you must stop looking out and look in.
Know thyself.

The third para in the OP is your glass slippers Itsnowagain, did you look under your imaginary xmas tree no Santa did not forget you!

Have you now given up looking for the source of all knowledge?
Do you believe it is out there somewhere?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The New Age movement has been going on a very long time. In truth, it heralds all the way back to the beginnings of ALL religions which have (so far) been dated to significantly more than 40,000 years ago.

The basis for New Age thinking is that there are alternate realities like the 'Spirit World' which certain individuals claim to have visited though various means. The answers those people are looking for are questions related to hunting, weather, cures and contact with deceased persons and even 'gods'.

Older stuff than Moses, folks, and it is hardwired into our brains.

I can accept the concept but its not surprising people have always sought out an alternative reality as all humans, past present and future slip into an alternative world everytime we sleep where the subconsciousness takes over. Its something stemic to us to think we can find and visit alternative realities. The present new age movement however will not get anyone there cause its confused and crazy.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Belief in alternate realities can be a good thing...if it does not distract from being able to handle current reality but instead adds to it.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The present new age movement however will not get anyone there cause its confused and crazy.

And that is different from all the present religious doctrines how exactly?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I havent given up in fact i have in my travels found out where it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Belief in alternate realities can be a good thing...if it does not distract from being able to handle current reality but instead adds to it.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

You speak of 'reality' as though you know what it is.

What is 'reality'?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I havent given up in fact i have in my travels found out where it is.

Please share your finding.
Show the mad gurus the truth.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What is 'reality'?

It is that which happens.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
New Age used to be open minded, accepting different ideas. It was people looking through different religions having a personal connection with IT (what THEY felt were true).

Now everyone is being taught that the true "New Age" way is to be happy 100% of the time. Or to channel angels like Michael or Gabriel (of the Bible). Or connect with "Yahweh Elohim" (interesting how Christianity/Judaism always finds its way into religions it did not belong to).

New Age is about "Empowerment" , "Self Help", "Enlightenment", "Motivation"...

But now they are also falling for the same ANCIENT trap, of waiting for a savior to do everything and doing nothing for yourself...

It has also become another "Religion" with all of these "group-rituals" and "unity" beliefs. No individuality. Might as well sit in a Church and pray...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

And that is different from all the present religious doctrines how exactly?

Religous doctrines are written in an old style of writing and thinking. Because of that they dont translate well into how we understand modern english. The new age in brought up with, taught and has full access to the modern english and yet they still manage to consistently produce/preach volumes of crazy rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Please share your finding.
Show the mad gurus the truth.

I have no intention of sharing my findings with those who say they are found.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

What is 'reality'?

Yes it is.
But to the OP this would not sit well.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I guess it back to enslavement for the dollar.....What fools we were to even think we are more than slaves!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Yes it is.
But to the OP this would not sit well.

How well that I dont sit with the OP.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

What is 'reality'?

So apparently reality is S**t....

I hear it happens... a lot

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

New Age is about "Empowerment" , "Self Help", "Enlightenment", "Motivation"...

yes if you added "for drop kicks" at the end of that i would of starred your post

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Dear AthlonSavage,

Please feel free to read any of my old threads or posts and it will be immediately clear that I fall within the Christian faith. Having said that, I would not call "new agers" mad. We all start from the same place. The first thing we learn is that we have decision making powers, we are not just machines. Once we discover that there is more to this life than just cause and effect, that there is intent and choice then we become responsible for our choices.

The essence of occultism or the "New Age" movement is simple. It is the idea that we can control others if we understand spiritual things. That is the lie, there is a spiritual aspect to life; but, we are each responsible for our choices. Alister Crowley said that all of the law was "do as thou will". There are people who call themselves "christians" that are nothing more than occultists, not because of what the truth is; but, because of what their intent is and their intent is to control others and outcomes.

Atheists often believe we have no decision making and are merely responsive, occultists believe they can tap into the spiritual and determine the outcome of what others do. I disagree with both. We do have decision making abilities, we are responsible for those decisions and others are responsible for theirs and their actions. The truest spiritual search is for taking responsibility for our choices and not worrying about the outcomes. The truest spiritual quest is not about controlling others or outcomes, it is about defining ourselves and taking responsibility for our choices. The choices are not between, "I control nothing" and "I can control everything", those are extremist views, there is "I control me and my choices may influence others". If I punch someone in the face, it will effect their decisions; but, not determine them.

I have yet to meet someone who has no effect on the world and I have yet to meet someone who controls all the outcomes. What were you hoping for and looking for when you began investigating the "new age" movement? One of the things I do like about Satanists is that they take responsibility for their actions. I went to court today, I lost thousands because the other party did not fill out their paperwork. I had no control over that or them. Down the road, there is a very good chance that I will get it all back and more. It really does not matter, I do not determine the outcome; but, I effect it. Were you focused on the outcome or who you were choosing to be? The question is, are you seeking to know how to control the world or are you seeking to understand who you are? Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

So you have come to the obvious conclusion about New Agers...that they are just like any other group of people that believe in a specific form of religion....

....They all do not know what the Hell they are talking about! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

There is a little occultist in each of us Aquestion the question is what do we do about it when we realise that, do we spoil it, spank it, ignore it or embrace it as the demon we were meant to have. Your a religous man you know Demons like to play games and they love dominos.

The sequence of falling dominos, the last domino has to be the last to fall but being one of the dominos you can only see one of two dominos in front. You cant win ever unless you can see the path of the falling dominos.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join