Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by HelenConway

I agree fully that we are a lot alike. We all come from the same stock if we look back far enough.

On topic - Does it not seem odd to anyone that "Brits don't need gun, we can kill without them" is an actual topic? Even with this posting, people here still say Americans are the violent ones.

YES and frankly I am a bit sick of threads along these lines - ' we Brits are so great we don't have guns' etc and conversely ' we Americans are so free we do have guns'

Headache - give it a break guys !!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
I applaud england for being rational enough to take guns away from everyone but theyre military

UK citizens are able to obtain licenced shotguns and rifles if of good standing with no relevant criminal convictions.
I am able to obtain one myself but choose not to due to lack of need.

...oh, and the governing body/country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, call me pedantic but as a Welshman it gets annoying when the UK is called England

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

I nearly got a shotgun once I discovered I was a great shot when I tried clay pigeon shooting (50 shots missed 2) but after a few days and looking at the cost I thought nah.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Same here, I like my unregistered/controlled xbow, does pretty much the same job.
edit on 26-1-2013 by grainofsand because: Added "/controlled"

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You Brits got suckered into giving up your weapons and look at what a cockup of a goverment you ended up with.....
most spyed on people in the world you brits....
To top it off youve been overcompensating for your willing slide into serfdom by claiming you are perfectly free without guns...I say you are suckers and slaves.....the square mile of london owns you all......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
You Brits got suckered into giving up your weapons and look at what a cockup of a goverment you ended up with.....
To top it off youve been overcompensating for your willing slide into serfdom by claiming you are perfectly free without guns...I say you are suckers and slaves.....the square mile of london owns you all......
Infowars subscriber then yeh?

link   
reply to post by stirling

Sigh...read the whole thread eh and you will discover we can own guns, but most of us have no need for them.

link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

YES and frankly I am a bit sick of threads along these lines - ' we Brits are so great we don't have guns' etc and conversely ' we Americans are so free we do have guns'

Headache - give it a break guys !!

gotta say, I really like you Helen.

link   

Yes, if only we all had guns. We could take the streets, instantly becoming a perfectly oiled fighting unit, and defeat the British army with their tanks and dones - just like you Americans did when the PATRIOT Act withdrew a lot of your own freedoms.

Grow up.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

..I say you are suckers and slaves.....the square mile of london owns you all......

And you too son ..why we could cripple an economy overnight...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars At Work...
found your missing trillions yet?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Please don't attack me for this, as I really am asking to better my understanding.

Wales is part of England, and has been at least since 1707.

What makes a Welshman different than an Englishman?

Is it like a Texan (person from Texas), saying I'm a Texan not an American? Texas too was an independant republic at one time, until it entered the union.

It's called The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, because it combined the Kingdom of England (including Wales) with the Kingdom of Ireland (which latter left and required a name change).

ETA - I enjoy reading these threads whether I agrre with points or not. It allows me to converse with people around the world like me. Working class people with real world experiences and opinions. I am not a genius nor am I mentally challenged. My remarks are seldom meant to be inflammatory (though I understand how they can be seen as such). I promise you no insult was meant on my part.
edit on 26-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not far off there. Just one note - Wales is not, has not and never will be part of England. It is, however, an equal partner in the British union - same as Scotland.

There is no difference between and Englishman and a Welshman, except for the fact that one is English and the other Welsh. They are both equally British though.

I'm not 100% sure why it's 'and Northern Ireland' though, you might be right in your assertion. I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Troll alert !!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Troll alert !!!!!

hey leave him be, let him say some more and we can all have some fun with him

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Please don't attack me for this, as I really am asking to better my understanding.

What makes a Welshman different than an Englishman?

Is it like a Texan (person from Texas), saying I'm a Texan not an American? Texas too was an independant republic at one time, until it entered the union.

It's called The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, because it combined the Kingdom of England (including Wales) with the Kingdom of Ireland (which latter left and required a name change).

ETA - I enjoy reading these threads whether I agrre with points or not. It allows me to converse with people around the world like me. Working class people with real world experiences and opinions. I am not a genius nor am I mentally challenged. My remarks are seldom meant to be inflammatory (though I understand how they can be seen as such). I promise you no insult was meant on my part.
edit on 26-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

I don't know either I get confused - Britain is England / Scotland and Wales .. but really we are all from the same island Albion / Brittania - in ages past - we were all tribes, then war lords invented borders etc.

the British Isles includes many islands such as the Isle of mann and Jersey / Guernsey / scottish Islands.

Great Britain I think includes the channel islands and Northern Island.

The UK is the whole lot !!

We are all called British Citizens .. and now EU citizens too .. I think I am right ?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by truthermantwo
I applaud england for being rational enough to take guns away from everyone but theyre military

UK citizens are able to obtain licenced shotguns and rifles if of good standing with no relevant criminal convictions.
I am able to obtain one myself but choose not to due to lack of need.

...oh, and the governing body/country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, call me pedantic but as a Welshman it gets annoying when the UK is called England

I bet Devon and Cornwall police have our IPs now !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Yeah in ENGLAND That might work.. Try that in a society that actually is familiar with guns and knows how to use them a lot more competently on average than yours and the results may be different. But you do get an A for your "Mad Dog Spirit"

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

1282, (long time ago) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd was beaten and Wales was ruled by England from then on.
Wales has it's own devolved government and mostly runs it's own shop apart from defence and taxes - there is a higher per-capita percentage of Welsh soldiers in the British army though.

Wales has it's own distinct language (older than English) and although pointless outside of Wales, I'm glad I was taught it. We're also of Celtic stock. England is Anglo Saxon.
I'm Welsh but I've lived in England for 20+ years, all my English friends know we're different but the UK is like a crazy disfunctional family in a way. I can call a Scot a prick but if a Frenchman did the same we all band together to defend the home nations.

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I bet Devon and Cornwall police have our IPs now !!!
Not mine, I use an unregistered 3G phone to access ATS - check search out if you like, I've got a current thread about it

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join