join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

England does NOT have a devolved parliament

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
so much guff has been posted here since i went to make my cuppa that i dont know where to start

suffice to say that freedom is not defined by the relative availability and legislation regarding firearms, and throwing around your sacred terms like patriotism and constitution just shows how blinded and fooled the US people have become by the tools used for nation building, all pleasantly set up that way by the worshipful people who founded it. but dont think about how you could make things better for each other, just focus on guns, eh?
and people call us in the UK subjects

Funny how I never defined "Freedom" as the right to bear arm lol.

You are personally targeting Americans due to your own personal beliefs and jealousy.

The forefathers wrote the constitution with little room for Error.

If you tried to sit down and debate this (And the original constitution as a whole) you would lose.

Especially since the America that followed the constitution back then didn't struggle with these issues.

You wouldn't know though because your history class obviously didn't teach you that.
edit on 26-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

England does NOT have a devolved parliament
I know, I wish we did. Even though I'm Welsh it #s me off that my taxes paid after 20+ years living in England subsidises better services in Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by skalla

DAMN STRAIGHT SKIPPY!

You have to get a Shot Gun. To protect yourself from those crazy VEGANS! LOL!

Split Infinity

Hell yes, they ain't getting my sausages!!! Give me sausages or give me death!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I would like to congratulate the Gentleman who is sitting like a Girl with his legs crossed tightly as he has sait the word BRILLIANT for 148th time today! I motion that we all break for Tea and carry on conversations where one of us always responds with...Bully! Go Show!

LOL!

Split Infinity....p.s....Let the Queen Eat SPAM!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Thank you for the knowledge.

We don't hear things like that in the States. We only see "lord" this and "earl" that.

We say Sir and Ma'am (at least polite people do), most of us here would have a huge issue calling anyone "lord". Maybe we are just too arrogant or maybe it's just a cultural norm. I really can't say.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Now as far as being a Journalist...what would be your take on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights that allows us the Right to Bear Arms?

Split Infinity

I'd point out that inconvenient bit about a well-regulated militia.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Money! Man you have NO idea!

The Campaign War Chest of either a President running for reelection or even the challenger is larger than the budgets of some European Nations! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Money! Man you have NO idea!

The Campaign War Chest of either a President running for reelection or even the challenger is larger than the budgets of some European Nations! LOL!

Split Infinity

You mean some of the ex soviet states that now count themselves as being in Europe - No way bigger then France / Germany / Uk etc ..

I thought it was a billion dollars ish

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

In the words of Homer Simpson....UMMMMMGGGGRRRLLLHHHHMMM....Sausages...AAHHH!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well...I will tell you one thing....we certainly know how to deal with people who break into our homes!

What!? He was just delivering a PIZZA!!???

Aww S#!%!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

It was a JOKE Helen...see guy's....DAMN VEGANS!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It was a JOKE Helen...see guy's....DAMN VEGANS!

Split Infinity

wannabe vegan

Back on subject though I think the OP is wrong that we in the UK do need guns for protection.
However - I don't think people should be allowed to walk around with them. I think they should be for home protection only and all people who own them should have a 6 monthly education re guns and shooting and safety.

Plus anyone with certain mental health problems - should not be allowed a license.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well...I will tell you one thing....we certainly know how to deal with people who break into our homes!

What!? He was just delivering a PIZZA!!???

Aww S#!%!

Split Infinity

. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

We are already allowed to do those things....
Just get a gun licence, you need a police check and a place to keep it safely.
We just can't have handguns.
Gunsmith down the road from me..look.

www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
I've walked past that bookies loads of times, know the area well, Plymouth folk are a different Devon breed...don't mess with the Janners if you don't want an old school battle

are you from Plymouth ? Do you remember the old man who tackled a young thug robbing a newsagent a few years ago - he was armed with a gun or a knife I think.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Regarding using 'reasonable force' I know people say we are restricted in the UK but I stabbed a robber in the shoulder some years ago when he had invaded my home and I was released 'with no further action' by the police because I didn't know how many people were in the house and it was reasonable for me to choose the course of action I took.

UK law is pretty cool really if you remain sensible, as long as your stated reason for defence is solely fear (not punishment or anger) then you are pretty much good to go. I'm involved in a situation at the moment with some psycho guy which I cannot really comment about due to an ongoing court case where I am a witness, but a few weeks ago a senior police officer basically told me that as long as I phone 999 first and don't stamp on his head after I put him down then none of the attending officers will have any issues with me.
Reasonable force, reasonable justice, I do like living in Britain.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Personally I prefer the Natural Selection Method of Gun Education.

You take 12 people who want to own a Gun...put them in a sealed room with one handgun on the floor in the middle of the room.

Who ever makes it out alive after 2 Minutes certainly is more than capable of handling a weapon!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

We are already allowed to do those things....
Just get a gun licence, you need a police check and a place to keep it safely.
We just can't have handguns.
Gunsmith down the road from me..look.

www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

not much choice compared to what the US citizens can buy in K Mart.
I am going to learn how to use a high powered bow and arrow and protect myself that way - if needed.

Though I would lik eto learn to shoot - so may look into that. BUT not to shoot animals - i do not agree with that.
edit on 26-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
Originally posted by jimmiec
[Here is proof that you are mistaken. Butt out of our countries business and go back to your chains.

haha the irony - first that was then, now is now - they would not get away with that today.

Secondly you obviously cannot see your chains - that don't mean you 'aint got them ... enjoy your chain free existence !!!
edit on 26-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

You obviously did not read the entire story. That local uprising resulted in towns all across America demanding the end to corruption. It was applauded by Eleanor Roosevelt and sent a message to government that they tread lightly.

The entitlements afforded Americans and Brits can not be sustained. The result will be breeding of thugs in increasing numbers. Now more than ever Americans need protection for their families. The military is made up of citizens sworn to protect the Constitution. Who said they would side with a corrupt government? They obviously are not in a position to say. There are 1.5 million veterans that are practiced at war. Who says they will not side with the Constitution? The police have sons,daughters,parents,aunts.uncles that deserve protection. Who says they will side with a corrupt government? Would seizing guns across America not result in their families being targets for an angry citizenry? We can not take the human equation out of the discussion. When there is no violence in the world America will let their guns collect dust. They will however never give them up. Guns=freedom.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join