Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You are correct. Many have lost rights recently. Why do you think so many are now voicing outrage at our own government?

Two things are proven here and both will change if we are disarmed.

1) Americans are not blood thirsty savages, otherwise we would have already revolted.

2) We have not been truely oppressed and are still free men.

Claim you are not subjects all you want. I don't care. We have no "royal family" and you do. As long as one family openly owns your lands and has the potential to effect laws, you are beneath them. It is not an insult, at least I do not mean it as such. Cultures are different everywhere. I make no claim that mine is better than yours, so why do you claim yours is better than mine?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by JrDavis

it's really not down to me to apologise for the fact that some of your people are taking pot shots in your schools...

besides that you rambled alot

The truth hurts my friend.

And I'm glad I left a little ache in that "heart" of yours.

Very good response to the truth.

You are far from learning what true freedom is about.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Never made that claim at all, my point is true freedom is a myth on both sides of the pond, at least I can see that.
The only time we are free is when we vote.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

DAMN STRAIGHT SKIPPY!

You have to get a Shot Gun. To protect yourself from those crazy VEGANS! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

The thing is they make it personal because they are stuck with a royal family that wont let them be free.

It's more a jealousy thing.

If it wasn't they would be able to debate with reason instead of ignorance.

Now watch as the replies are "How dare you! Brits this and Brits that!"

All personal my friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by 200Plus

So you think.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I would agree to half of that. The veneer of freedom is growing thinner daily it seems. However, I doubt voting results too much to believe they make us free.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Now that you mentioned Voting...I can't get enough of watching your Parliment debate. LOL!

I'm sorry but for some reason it is endlessly amusing to me as I watch how those guy's go on and get all congratulatory of themselves...LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by bates

Originally posted by wantsome
Take a 100 Brits and drop them off in the worst part of Detroit after dark. I'd be willing to bet half of them don't make it out.

All i'd have to do is open my mouth and even the worst of Detroit's criminal gang bangers would be falling over themselves to bring me tea and crumpets when they heard my dulcet english voice.
Haha! You sure they'd understand you though, seeing as you're from Brum?

They'd probably think I was South African

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by 200Plus

The thing is they make it personal because they are stuck with a royal family that wont let them be free.

All personal my friend.

I personally think you are very lucky living in America - why ? The space - you are so lucky to have lots of space and room to breath etc ..

We have been screwed over by our govt in Britain that is true - and over the past 15 years it has become worse, especially the overcrowding caused by inviting 10 million plus foreigners from third world countries to live here, not to mention the ex soviet nations.

If i could - I would go and live in a small town in New England. So count your blessings !

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by 200Plus

Never made that claim at all, my point is true freedom is a myth on both sides of the pond, at least I can see that.

Agreed, but everyone complies with the rules of a 'tribe' be it an Amazonian jungle or a developed European nation. Manipulation of media means even voting systems is flawed though.
At least we have financial limits on political advertising in the UK so it's a more level playing field at election time.
...unlike the US where money buys the presidency.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Actually...ones ability to be an actor wins the office of the President.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I love watching it too
we have humor in it.
I have been there stood just underneath the cameras, It is our right to go there if we want, we can just walk in (after a security check anyhow).

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Actually...ones ability to be an actor wins the office of the President.
The money to buy airtime certainly helps the aspiring actor.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
so much guff has been posted here since i went to make my cuppa that i dont know where to start

suffice to say that freedom is not defined by the relative availability and legislation regarding firearms, and throwing around your sacred terms like patriotism and constitution just shows how blinded and fooled the US people have become by the tools used for nation building, all pleasantly set up that way by the worshipful people who founded it. but dont think about how you could make things better for each other, just focus on guns, eh?
and people call us in the UK subjects

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Take a 100 Brits and drop them off in the worst part of Detroit after dark. I'd be willing to bet half of them don't make it out.
i'm game, ill see you there after dark, leave the gun indoors you wont be needing it...

Bring a hundred of you with you and ill see too that ill make it out too..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I have to admit I do not know the "ins and outs" of Egnlish politics. Does a poor man have a chance of winning the vote? A working class man I mean.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
people call us in the UK subjects
The US folk are just tending the farm until our beloved queen decides she wants it back

...piss take, I'm actually against any form of constitutional monarchy.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by 200Plus

All personal my friend.

I personally think you are very lucky living in America - why ? The space - you are so lucky to have lots of space and room to breath etc ..

We have been screwed over by our govt in Britain that is true - and over the past 15 years it has become worse, especially the overcrowding caused by inviting 10 million plus foreigners from third world countries to live here, not to mention the ex soviet nations.

If i could - I would go and live in a small town in New England. So count your blessings !

I totally understand.

However if you notice I didn't respond to certain things you said. Such as Food stamps.

I do not like the way the US is ran. I believe in libertarian points of views.

Our government should allow us to grow and cultivate what ever we want and trade and create a more sound currency. Another gold standard.

Our economy could be turned around so quick if we changed a lot of those issues and got rid of our federal reserve. Which was enacted illegally and unconstitutional in a whole.

I guess I should count the blessings but when you get deep into it and ask yourself why can one not trade and barter things that God himself put on this earth. You start to see how backwards things are.

I would give up all the politics and military power to sit down and reason with country's and try to pave the road for trade and bartering. Making the US a country in which it produces it's own materials and not China.

We too have immigration that is a problem.

The constitution allows one to travel and move to another country. However I think the boarders should be more strict and the process should be a lot harder.

There's nothing wrong with that. Immigration is fine, But not when you don't have enough to take care of your own people.

The grass isn't always "Greener" on the other side.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

I have to admit I do not know the "ins and outs" of Egnlish politics. Does a poor man have a chance of winning the vote? A working class man I mean.
Yes, absolutely, there are limits on the amount of money spent on political advertising and we have had independents elected before now, even more so in the devolved English/Welsh/Scottish/N.Ireland administrations.

It aint perfect, but it is more realisable than the money-wins situation in the US.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join