learn more

Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
America and the UK are apples and oranges. There is no way to compare the two. You gave up your guns and your politicians run over you. They gave you entitlements thinking that would keep everyone happy, they could not be sustained. Now you have no power to change your corrupt government if you needed to.

Your politicians run all over you guys as well . Don't kid yourself !!!!!!!!!!! Entitlement ??? Food stamps anyone ..

If you tried to take down the govt with your guns - you would last 5 mins and the US army would come down on you like a tonne of bricks, you would have no chance.
edit on 26-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by jimmiec
America and the UK are apples and oranges. There is no way to compare the two. You gave up your guns and your politicians run over you. They gave you entitlements thinking that would keep everyone happy, they could not be sustained. Now you have no power to change your corrupt government if you needed to.

Your politicians run all over you guys as well . Don't kid yourself !!!!!!!!!!! Entitlement ??? Food stamps anyone ..

If you tried to take down the govt with your guns - you would last 5 mins and the US army would come down on you like a tonne of bricks, you would have no chance.
edit on 26-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

Right so giving up the little defense you have is the solution

Sorry we don't want to just bend over and take it like England.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
back on topic please folks, please remember that we have posters from the states who need to talk about patriotism, blood debts and not overthrowing the tyrannical government they whine all over ATS about....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Exactly why we will keep our guns. While it is too late for you. We still have hope. The military took an oath to the Constitution. Who says they are on corrupt governments side? They have families that need protection. They have families that wish to remain free. They have families that wish to thrive economically. As i said before. It has happened before. Google it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by tjack

Well he certainly was not beaten to death as your post clearly states, so why not appologise now for reporting lies?

Nah, I'll just change it from "beating" to "pinning him down" to death, ok?

But to you, Michael1983l, I apologize. Terribly sorry my comment wasted your time. Please overlook my misstatement and consider the "meat" of what I was expressing m'kay?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Take a 100 Brits and drop them off in the worst part of Detroit after dark. I'd be willing to bet half of them don't make it out.

link   

Originally posted by skalla
back on topic please folks, please remember that we have posters from the states who need to talk about patriotism, blood debts and not overthrowing the tyrannical government they whine all over ATS about....

Haha, true. Imagine how scared a gun carrying US citizen would be walking British streets unarmed

link   

Oh the Irony.

What a post from someone with such a signature.

Funny though because owning a firearm doesn't breach upon anyone's freedom.

It's a preemptive measure to defend against neighboring and abroad.

So making sly comments like that actually goes against your definition of freedom.
edit on 26-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

reply to post by tjack

Well he certainly was not beaten to death as your post clearly states, so why not appologise now for reporting lies?

But to you, Michael1983l, I apologize. Terribly sorry my comment wasted your time. Please overlook my misstatement and consider the "meat" of what I was expressing m'kay?

Your acting like it is an insignificant detail in the debate, when it is not it is very relevant. You were using it as a weight to your argument to place blame on the people who aprehended the gun man. They did nothing wrong at all and did not break any laws, which is rather contary to your claims.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Oh the Irony.

So making sly comments like that actually goes again your definition of freedom.

Disparaging the responsible gun owners is all about sly remarks. There's really no other way to go about it. We just have to take it with a grain of salt, and consider the source.

edit on 26-1-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I don't care what you do with your guns but please stop spreading disinfo that ' England bent over to take it'

You can delude yourself all you like - but there 'aint no way your guns will be protection from a govt that is in control of the US military. Your guns will be like a fly hitting a windscreen when the car is travelling at 50 mph - please don't kid yourself.

Plus your politicians - 'do you over '- just like the British ones ' do us over' , maybe worse.

So don't claim that guns have somehow kept you a 'free' nation - that is not true.

I am not ant guns just anti the rhetoric that makes deluded claims.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Take a 100 Brits and drop them off in the worst part of Detroit after dark. I'd be willing to bet half of them don't make it out.

and I am willing to bet that repeat the same with 100 average Americans, that half would not make it out ..

Get over yourself please...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Freedom? in the USA? you really believe it do you? how many freedoms have they taken from you in the last 10 years?

Indefinite detention
Arbitrary justice
Warrantless searches
Secret courts
Patriot Act

I can list more...Like I said before you are all bark and no bite.
Stop pretending the US people would do anything because so far none of you have.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

reply to post by tjack

Your acting like it is an insignificant detail in the debate, when it is not it is very relevant. You were using it as a weight to your argument to place blame on the people who aprehended the gun man. They did nothing wrong at all and did not break any laws, which is rather contary to your claims.

I wasn't using it as any weight, and I wasn't arguing anything. If you read what I wrote, it was about why we feel the way we do about guns. The comment I made regarding the death of the perpetrator was based on the plethora of comments from British citizens (in other posts) regarding how bad guys are never there to harm people, they're just after the money. The fact that I got the details wrong was based on my not reading the source material, and thanks to your diligence, I've corrected my statement. I never claimed a law was broken. What more do you want from me, friend?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

You can delude yourself all you like - but there 'aint no way your guns will be protection from a govt that is in control of the US military. Your guns will be like a fly hitting a windscreen when the car is travelling at 50 mph - please don't kid yourself.
True, it's pitifully funny to think they actually believe they could overcome their military if ordered to attack citizens. Remember guys, the troops will have been previously instructed that you are terrorists or whatever so they will shoot you, and with many more rounds than you have.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I don't care what you do with your guns but please stop spreading disinfo that ' England bent over to take it'

Plus your politicians - 'do you over '- just like the British ones ' do us over' , maybe worse.

So don't claim that guns have somehow kept you a 'free' nation - that is not true.

Here is proof that you are mistaken. Butt out of our countries business and go back to your chains.

On August 1-2, 1946, some Americans, brutalized by their county government, used armed force as a last resort to overturn it. These Americans wanted honest open elections. For years they had asked for state or federal election monitors to prevent vote fraud (forged ballots, secret ballot counts and intimidation by armed sheriff's deputies) by the local political boss. They got no help.

These Americans' absolute refusal to knuckle under had been hardened by service in World War II. Having fought to free other countries from murderous regimes, they rejected vicious abuse by their county government.

These Americans had a choice. Their state's Constitution -- Article 1, Section 26 -- recorded their right to keep and bear arms for the common defense. Few "gun control" laws had been enacted.

These Americans were residents of McMinn County, which is located between Chattanooga and Knoxville in Eastern Tennessee. The two main towns were Athens and Etowah. McMinn County residents had long been independent political thinkers. For a long time they also had: accepted bribe-taking by politicians and/or the sheriff to overlook illicit whiskey-making and gambling; financed the sheriff's department from fines-usually for speeding or public drunkenness which promoted false arrests; and put up with voting fraud by both Democrats and Republicans.

jpfo.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I am not ant guns just anti the rhetoric that makes deluded claims.

When did I say guns kept us a "Free" nation? There is far more issues than guns my friend. I just so happened to see a thread with SnF's of someone saying they don't need guns because they can tackle armed robbers and cause them to ___ ____ -----.

Notice how I left that blank because we don't know what the guy died from yet. So that you can' start a debate on that.

So just to make things clear. Brits don't need guns because they can defend with physical restraint?

Ah okay I get it not.

So your theory is Physical Restraint > Right to defend with a firearm responsibly.

Makes sense

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You have really got no idea, have you.

One British kiss and the little men, little men, I said, Little Men, who need guns would be floored.

Lmao, and I'm not even from England...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

and I am willing to bet that repeat the same with 100 average Americans, that half would not make it out ..

Get over yourself please...

Yeah do you know why they wouldn't make it out?

It seems you are missing the whole point and you are defending "Brits" in a thread in which the OP was showing that Brits do not need firearms because they can defend using physical force.

And yet you take it personally when someone says "Throw them into our environment and see if they make it out alive"

Truth is, parts of certain states have guns.

Illegally or legally.

And there is evil in the world that plans to use these weapons for bad not good (Unless you want to debate that)

Much like our Governments.

And whether it be Americans or Brits that get dropped in parts of Detroit one thing is certain.

You will want/need a firearm to defend you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Oh the Irony.

So making sly comments like that actually goes against your definition of freedom.
edit on 26-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

jeez, i'm surprised you dignified me with a reply

enjoying the "freedom" of having your schools turned into a tinpan ally or being so awash with guns that every has to have one? fair enough i suppose... frankly i enjoy the freedom of not expecting a gun to be used by a criminal, or some random individual who just cant take it anymore

points for not bringing your little book in to it though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join