Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Well that maybe true in a country where armed robbers will take a break in the middle of a Hold Up to have TEA...but it's the Wild West over here friend and if you had tried that in the States you would have gotten your Head Blown Off.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

yar, but it's not the states, the dude doing the robbery most likely passed out and died due to the shock of there not being a nice biscuit to go with his lovely cuppa - but that's bookies for you, watching every penny
edit on 26-1-2013 by skalla because: apostrophe s

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
so it would seem to me that beating him to death was, shall we say, overkill?

edit on 26-1-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

Again, he wasn't beaten to death, cause of death has not been released but it was likely a heart attack.

I wish people would actually read things before they make comments on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by tjack

yeah, er humour? or is that humor? dont take it so hard

Tomayto, tomahto, doesn't matter to me. I'm not taking anything hard my friend, just trying to give folks a sense for "why" guns are held in the high regard that they are over here.

We're not cowboys, or gung-ho soldier wannabes, or any of those other silly comparisons that get batted around. We're just nice, regular people who love their kids and take pride in their country like you do. People who would be just as happy to have you over for barbecue as they would be taking you (safely) "out shooting" to the gun range.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by tjack
so it would seem to me that beating him to death was, shall we say, overkill?

Again, he wasn't beaten to death, cause of death has not been released but it was likely a heart attack.

I wish people would actually read things before they make comments on them.

Well when heart attack is released as the cause of death, I'll be sure to change my statement. Suppose it was just a random heart attack or did the "pinning down" probably play a part in it?

For the record, my post was less about "the dude" and more about "why we feel the way we do about guns", I know, a little off topic, but the OP is all about "Why Brits don't need guns" and I was responding to another somewhat off topic post.

I sure wish people would think and comprehend a little more about what is actually being said before admonishing anothers comment.

edit on 26-1-2013 by tjack because: changed "beating" to "pinnig down"

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

LOL!

I have never understood how the British...a bunch of overly polite and ridged people who seem to go way out of their way to make certain protocols are followed and such excercises as Tea Time and to actually have MEN take the time during the day to actully seep the tea and use China along with saucer and cup on a freeking tray with lumps of sugar cubes and cream or milk in it's own seperate China dispenser...

....then those same guy's go out later and burn down the stands loaded with kids at a Soccor Game. LOL!

Trust me...if anyone here had been married to Margaret Thatcher...you would want a GUN under your bedroom pillow! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

again, it all comes down to not having a biscuit with ones tea... if i went to all that effort to get my best china out and found out that i had run out of custard creams, then by golly i would go down the footy and kick someone's head in.

why is this so hard to understand? you never had a good cuppa i guess, that coffee stuff is nowt in comparison.

this is off topic btw, apologies, but this is tea i'm talking about folks

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

again, it all comes down to not having a biscuit with ones tea... if i went to all that effort to get my best china out and found out that i had run out of custard creams, then by golly i would go down the footy and kick someone's head in.

why is this so hard to understand? you never had a good cuppa i guess, that coffee stuff is nowt in comparison.

this is off topic btw, apologies, but this is tea i'm talking about folks

I loves me some Earl of Grey...I get it from the tea spot dot com in Colorado and it's fantastic! Never had it with biscuits though, I'm a bit primitive in that regard I suppose.

This morning is all about Irish creme in coffee though, so I suppose that's why I'm all talkie talkie and off topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Nah mate up north we drink our tea in a pint mug

Oh and FOOTBALL matches have not been like that for 20 years...
edit on 26-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

yar, i have a pint mug for my tea too (tea bags stays in), as well as an improvised cover to keep the heat in. frankly i would bathe in the stuff but i would end up drinking it and ingesting my own body hair. not nice

edit on 26-1-2013 by skalla because: put just one tea bag in your pint mug? dont be daft!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The typical American Coffee break...it is 11am and I am late for a meeting. I drive my vehicle into a local Gas Station/Mini Mart that sells Coffee as I jump out of my vehicle and run in the the store where about a Million different flavors and types of Coffee sit on a long table as I ask...Where the Hell is the Coffee Flavored Coffee!?

A clerk points to a large Container...and I lift the small lever which sends Hot Coffee which spills on my hand because I am rushing. I curse out loud and head toward the check out counter where I pay for my Black Coffee that is in a paper/plastic cup with a lid made out of plastic that has a little partially cut square area on the edge so one can sip the coffee.

I rush back to my vehicle and place the coffee in the cup holder and drive away.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

How dare you use the F Word when describing that Little Girls Game! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Tea, yuck. I'm a Brit and I drink coffee. But then I'm an ex-journo, so I'm supposed to live off the stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Ex What?

Do you mean Journalist?

What is that British Rag that makes the National Enquirer look like a College Text Book?

The Mirror?

They are ALWAYS bitching about Guns in America.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
www.bbc.co.uk...

A masked gunman has died after being pinned down and restrained by customers during an armed robbery at a bookmakers in Plymouth.

The man, in his 50s, entered the Ladbrokes branch in Crownhill Road at 18:45 GMT on Friday wearing a gas mask and holding a pistol.

Police arrested the man, who was already unconscious, but he died a short time later at the scene.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is investigating.

Had a look for this couldn't find it anywhere etc etc.

I thought it was necessary to share this with the ATS community given the recent gun obsession on here.

This is why us Brits are happy as we are, we're mad enough to just run at and tackle anyone who has a pop with a gun with nothing but our mad dog spirit.

Come at us with a gun and we'll laugh in your face and wrestle you down.

One thing I would add though is I feel for the man who has died here (his family anyway), I don't condone his attempted crime but no one should lose their life like that.

1] Lots of people in the Plymouth area have guns - Devon is full of farmers and hobbu shooters.
2] you do not speak for British people - many will not agree with you.
3] I want a gun in my house for protectionn.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Well he certainly was not beaten to death as your post clearly states, so why not appologise now for reporting lies?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
America will keep it's guns. Whether needed or not they are the peoples protection against tyranny. Yes, they have been used before to remove corrupt government. 1946 The Battle of Athens. America and the UK are apples and oranges. There is no way to compare the two. You gave up your guns and your politicians run over you. They gave you entitlements thinking that would keep everyone happy, they could not be sustained. Now you have no power to change your corrupt government if you needed to. Guns represent power to the people. It is not an inanimate object. It is a symbol of freedom and a reminder to corrupt officials that they serve the people, not the other way around. Basically only 545 people run our government. Against 310 million, they are woefully outnumbered. We will keep our guns thankyou. We hope we do not need them. We will keep them well oiled just in case.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Ex What?

Do you mean Journalist?

What is that British Rag that makes the National Enquirer look like a College Text Book?

The Mirror?

They are ALWAYS bitching about Guns in America.

Split Infinity

Yes, ex-journalist. Business journalist I hasten to add. The Mirror isn't that bad. It's not that good either, but it's better than some. The Daily Mail is despicable, the Sun belongs to Rupert Murdoch (and so is worse than despicable), the Express is a sad pathetic thing that bumps along the bottom and the Daily Star makes the National Enquirer looks like the New York Times. Then there's the Sunday Sport. Which is a total joke (en.wikipedia.org...).

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've walked past that bookies loads of times, know the area well, Plymouth folk are a different Devon breed...don't mess with the Janners if you don't want an old school battle

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

WRONG...we can have guns, I have a gunsmith a mile from where I live.....
YOU have let your government take all your freedom away already and you have done nothing...all hot air.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join