join

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
never saw a gun in the UK, I'm happy about that

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by liiquidminduk
never saw a gun in the UK, I'm happy about that

What about the ones the police and military have?

I guess the govt can be trusted but you cant. Their lives must be sooo much more important than yours.

Sounds like a double standard to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Nicks87
reply to post by denver22

Have you not read any of the thousands of pro-gun posts on this website?

Maybe, before talking out of your ass about things you obviously know very little about, you should do some research first.

Your entire anti-gun argument has been torn to shreds by hundreds of thousands of people on this website and others. So next time you decide to bestow great amounts of knowledge on us poor, dumb, red-neck Americans go read what people have already wrote. It may convince you to not go sticking your limey, pedantic, club foot in your mouth.

(Truth hurts my colonial cousin). when you feel free to dip your big toe in the pond and step over here to the (motherland) you will see there aren't people shooting guns out the window bang bang your dead gun crime murder rate totaling thousands per year etc and that's just the ones reported....kids letting off uzi nine
millimeters every other week in schools then id say "you got a problem that's gotten out of control
because ba ba ba boom everyone is a armed....

Problem is you cant trust everyone once 'armed' to only use them for protecting themselves
sir/mam/?...

edit on 29-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

Guess what dude? Most of the gun crime in the US happens in large cities like New York and Chicago where they have strict gun laws. I live in the upper-midwest and we have very few gun laws and very little gun control and guess what? Very little crime overall. Unlike the UK which has a huge violent crime rate. So It goes to show that firearms dont cause violent crime they prevent it. People cause violent crime and unfortunately they use guns to do it in America and then uneducated people like yourself blame the guns because it's the easy way out.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thank God nobody was shot by this man. Believe me it had nothing to do with bravado or toughness of the crowd. If the man was desperate and or intent on killing there would be several wounded or murdered brits. Not a good idea to bring fists to a gun fight.

Glad it went well though except for the mans death....you can't be happy for something like that imo.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Shootings in schools say no more ...mam..
You have a serious problem over there that needs addressing asap..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

People cause violent crime and unfortunately they use guns to do it in America

Absolutely agree.

Your murder rate - just by firearms - is something like 3 times higher than the UK's overall murder rate, and accounts for about 70% of your overall murder rate.

Which is why your government is currently addressing the issue.

Tightening gun controls sufficiently would dramatically decrease the murder rate.

And surely no one in their right mind would object to that....would they?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

What about the ones the police and military have? I guess the govt can be trusted but you cant.

Correct again.

I generally find that the police and military don't go around indiscriminately shooting people.

It's ordinary joe public with firearms that do that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by Nicks87

What about the ones the police and military have? I guess the govt can be trusted but you cant.

Correct again.

I generally find that the police and military don't go around indiscriminately shooting people.

It's ordinary joe public with firearms that do that.

A voice of reason well said sir..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

That would be the last reason they refused me!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by liiquidminduk

I have had a gun pointed at me by armed police.

And even my dad had his life threatened by the gypsies with a gun to his head - but that was kind of his own fault.

I could get a gat in a few hours for £100-150, but risking a mandatory 5 year sentence and an additional year per round is not worth it for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Next, they will be trying to get us to have tea and crumpets! LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dreammerchant

Steady on there, old thing!

Was there any need for that gratuitous caricature?

We don't all take tea and crumpets on the lawns of our stately homes, y' know.

Really is a frightful bore.

(Though I am rather partial to the occasional buttered scone....)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Too many people been watching too much sunday matinee movies and poorly
educated if you think we all sit there eating crumpets drink tea in lill saucers lmfao.

new topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join