Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure why Brit's feel they need to express to American's their opinions. We emancipated ourselves from Britain a long time ago. Clearly we weren't interested then and we certainly aren't interested now. Now we are back in the same whole that Britain had us in the 1st place. Paying taxes for everything. By virtue we are a very very different people. For 1 we stood up for our freedom's and we won. Stand up for yourselves! Brit's gave up their right and want to make American's feel bad for not doing so?

The only logical sense it makes is "We did it, so you should to." well this is America we ask questions here!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Sure whatever you say, if it helps you sleep better at night, all the power to ya.

I dare any Brit or any person for that matter rush me when i have my pump action fully loaded with Buckshot's and finger on the trigger.

Ever seen what a bug looks like splattered on a windshield of an eighteen wheeler. OK you say you have , good, because that's pretty much what the person would look like after I pull the trigger.
edit on 27-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: Play SUPERHERO if you want, and end up SUPERDEAD!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well this thread seems to have turned into a British versus American thing

so

screw you all, Ireland for the win!

naw actually, I dont care.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What you people need to understand is that it's not about making the world a safer place (we all want that) it's about the erosion of individual freedoms. The more rights we give up willingly, the more they will take.

People who ascend to high positions in govt do so because they lust for money and power. In order to maintain those positions of power they must constantly keep others dependant on them (for protection, food, shelter, etc). So of course 99.9% govts will always eventually try and disarm their citizens to keep them dependant on the police and military (the govt) for protection.

The Brits allowed criminal politicians to brainwash them into giving up their guns. Now Americans stand at that same threshold. The last thing we need is people from other countries trying to give us reasons to give up more of our rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

So, because of ONE incident, out of a FEW, and because there are other Brits who agree with you, you want to take away the right of other Brits who want to protect themselves with firearms?...

This is the problem with people like you... You think you have the right to dictate to everyone how they should live, but guess what? That is not your right...

Crimes with firearms, and crimes in general have INCREASED in your country since your stupid gun control laws were implemented. But because people like you don't EVER want to admit being wrong you keep trying to FORCE your will on other Brits...

How about you learn to LIVE and let LIVE others how they want to?... But nooo, of course, people like you MUST control the lives of others...

People like you should grow up and learn that you shouldn't control others... You CAN'T impose laws on CRIMINALS and CRAZIES... Criminals and crazies do not follow ANY LAW...

Learn that there are more than enough Brits who disagree with you...

edit on 28-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
All the OP is saying is that we will stand and fight, I agree
But not all Brits are like this and vice versa for other countries.
Yes I would try help where i could, but lets face it... I'm not Neo and neither is any other Brit, so i'll leave the bullet dodging to Mr Reaves.

Do I want a gun, no - because I have grown up not having or needing one.

I have 2 fists, I can fight, get up, and walk away - I want to keep it that way

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Arming the citizens in this country is not the answer.. believe me...
if guns are or get widespread, then not everyone will use them to overthrow the government
murders will sky rocket, robberies will too!..

Not logical ....

Not everyone is a goody two shoes who will only use them for the sole purpose of the 2nd..
or in this county to over throw a government..

Not everyones going to wanna tackle a bullet and having a gun pointed at you makes the
job easier to the attacker and the victim less able to argue about a magnum shoved in you're
chevy chase (face)..

It doesn't work and in america it has proven that sorry ..

denver22..
edit on 28-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Learn that there are more than enough Brits who disagree with you...

edit on 28-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

And? Those people don't represent the UK in anyway at all.
I could show you videos of the Westboro Baptist church and say "look this is how people in America feel, they all want to picket funerals"

But it would be wrong.

Just as you are.

I'm not saying these people are evil or scum like the WBC are, just that they are a minority and not representative.

These people still want to hunt foxes with packs of dogs who rip them to pieces.

These people are farmers and country folk.... they are NOT advocating every house in the UK to have an assault rifle and an arsenal of handguns and shotguns.

I wish Americans would stop posting this OLD and dated clip of a small group of people who lost their battle.

edit on 28/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This doesn't explain with all your strict gun laws...how he got the gun in the first place? Which is indeed the whole reason these bans are put into place, right? to stop criminals from getting guns? HA HA HA.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Listen if we give everyone "guns" then we boost the chances of people abusing them why can't
people grasp that concept..

We boost the chances of people abusing them thus crime soaring further than it will
we can't trust people or everyone to not abuse the right ...

That's how it is... it's simple really.

Yes it's bad yes it's tough but give everyone a gun is like giving a child matches
We simply put the temptation right there ...

Instead of 300.000 people having guns well have 60 odd million having them
thus opening up all sorts of pandoras boxes....
edit on 28-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Pretty soon in America they be armed with rpgs or something explosions pandemonium
then lasers phasers you will destruct yourselves, i see it as technology gets better so will the risks
of better more deadly weapons being abused all for the sake of constitutional rights..

IT AINT WORKING OVER THERE FOR GOD SAKES

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is why us Brits are happy as we are, we're mad enough to just run at and tackle anyone who has a pop with a gun with nothing but our mad dog spirit.

Don't you love it when one Brit speaks for all of them? Because all Brits are as happy as you are with current gun law, correct?

Sorry, OP. Pathetic argument. At least grab some more facts to support your argument, Sir.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
Pretty soon in America they be armed with rpgs or something explosions pandemonium
then lasers phasers you will destruct yourselves, i see it as technology gets better so will the risks
of better more deadly weapons being abused all for the sake of constitutional rights..

Where are your sources to back up what you say, Sir? You have 3 posts that say nothing except, "GUNS AREN'T WORKING IN AMERICA." Really? According to whom? Please, elaborate. I want to see official sources that come from the United States. I'll give you a hint: The FBI has them. Do some research and get back to me.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by denver22

Where are your sources to back up what you say, Sir? You have 3 posts that say nothing except, "GUNS AREN'T WORKING IN AMERICA." Really? According to whom? Please, elaborate. I want to see official sources that come from the United States. I'll give you a hint: The FBI has them. Do some research and get back to me.

Lima-1, out.
According to the amount of murders, rapists, robbers, couples fighting
they see a gun pick it up and POW ! Bravo tango whiskey needs one out...

Well sources you say.....just look at the schools bam- bam what's that all about then
you wont get that over here because people arent "all armed with rpg's sub machine guns
taking lill junior out back shooting from age 10 that's why".....sir...

Denver22 out..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Since one of my Family's Businesses is in Health Care...I was given Floride Vitamins when I was a kid. Thus few teeth issues.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tikitiboo

I know not all Brits are like this but when I visit...I am ALWAYS treated so polite that it actually starts to get on my nerves. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Have you not read any of the thousands of pro-gun posts on this website?

Maybe, before talking out of your ass about things you obviously know very little about, you should do some research first.

Your entire anti-gun argument has been torn to shreds by hundreds of thousands of people on this website and others. So next time you decide to bestow great amounts of knowledge on us poor, dumb, red-neck Americans go read what people have already wrote. It may convince you to not go sticking your limey, pedantic, club foot in your mouth.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Have you not read any of the thousands of pro-gun posts on this website?

Maybe, before talking out of your ass about things you obviously know very little about, you should do some research first.

Your entire anti-gun argument has been torn to shreds by hundreds of thousands of people on this website and others. So next time you decide to bestow great amounts of knowledge on us poor, dumb, red-neck Americans go read what people have already wrote. It may convince you to not go sticking your limey, pedantic, club foot in your mouth.

(Truth hurts my colonial cousin). when you feel free to dip your big toe in the pond and step over here to the (motherland) you will see there aren't people shooting guns out the window bang bang your dead gun crime murder rate totaling thousands per year etc and that's just the ones reported....kids letting off uzi nine
millimeters every other week in schools then id say "you got a problem that's gotten out of control
because ba ba ba boom everyone is a armed....

Problem is you cant trust everyone once 'armed' to only use them for protecting themselves
sir/mam/?...

edit on 29-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

On the other side of the Atlantic, many efforts have been made to minimize weapon proliferation. European countries have come together to set a legal framework that strictly defines gun ownership. As a result, the European Council Directive of June 18th, 1991 provides the key legal information regarding gun control in the EU. It prohibits the private possession of fully automatic weapons, and regulates the possession of semi-automatic ones and handguns. This regulation relies on a system of license. People who want to acquire a weapon need to obtain a gun owner’s license. This license is only delivered after a background check has been led and legitimate reasons have been provided. Only licensed people can legally acquire a firearm or ammunition. Let’s take the example of France. To obtain such a license, people have to practice shooting during at least six months in a club of the official French Federation of Shooting. After the Federation has given its favorable opinion, the police investigate on criminal or mental records. If the police do not find anything, they give an authorization valid for five years. The owner must then buy his gun in a limited period of three months if he doesn’t want his authorization to expire. There is also a limitation regarding the number: a maximum of twelve guns can be detained, while in Norway, such restriction does not exist. Since the French law of 1995, it is nowadays compulsory to keep guns into a locked safe. In France, Norway and the UK, the right to private gun ownership is not guaranteed by the Constitution. Moreover, in each country, sale of guns and firearms must be registered and recorded. In case of illicit possession of firearms, the maximum penalty will be seven years prison and a fine in France while in Norway the maximum penalty would only be 3 months. Such a restrictive policy has made its mark. Indeed, no European country has more than 30% of its population possessing guns. Compared to 88% for the United States, this number looks quite insignificant. In total, the number of guns held by civilians in the US seems to be disproportionate (270,000,000) compared to the European countries, where French civilians hold only 19,000,000 guns. The UK and Norway has even a smaller result with respectively an approximate 4,000,000 and 1,300,000 guns held by civilians. These two countries have an impressively low rate of gun deaths: only 107 deaths in 2009 in Norway and 138 in the UK for the same year. Even France, the most “armed” country of Europe, had a total number of deaths by guns for 2009 under 2,000 persons. In the United States during the same period, this number was five times higher, with almost 10,000 deaths a year.

guns dont work

Denver22 ...
edit on 29-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Wow, kids going off with Uzis every week? Where is this happening?

new topics
top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join