Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
The brits are obedient to their queen and swoon whenever they catch a glimpse of her in her rolls cowered in diamonds. Why would they need guns if they plan to stay that way?

yea right !!!
second

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

LMAO
I will have to fold to a Scotsman.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The sad truth is that the vast majority of Americans don't really need their guns either. Using the Internet - and the hyperbole that seems to have taken over the minds of way too many people these days - is rather misleading. The vast majority of Americans, even gun owners, are usually very removed from the subject. I own weapons ( yes, plural ) but only tend to think about them or interact with them once in a blue moon. Like my tool kit they sit, taken care of and available, just in case they are needed. So far, only one person has ever entered my home uninvited - and that person left long before guns were needed to get rid of them. Simple physical aggression did the trick.

The subject of guns in America is just as sticky a wicket as is the pride Brits take in not having a society where folks walk around shooting one another. Both are points of pride - and pride isn't a very rational place to think from. So both notions end up as extreme ideals, rather than realistic conversations.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

Had to enbed it.That was great he walked right up to the bad guy,absolutely,NO FEAR!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

But - but the only thing your guns have given you is civil bloodshed thus far....
just my two English pounds worth...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

wow that guy is amazing - he is very brave.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

I'm sure there are just as many brave British people.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Good answer my friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

When bad guys have the advantage, and people can't defend themselves, then yes. Civil bloodshed. But average Americans having a gun tips the balance back to them. An example would be the Sandy Hook massacre. Because of our super politically correct landscapes and terrible laws, nobody could conceal carry in the school. Had one or more people done so, the casualties would have been considerably less. Perhaps none even.

All I'm saying is, me owning a gun isn't going to cause civil bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

what about this little old man - what a hero, bless him. In the same city, Plymouth as this thread is about.

edit on 26-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna

When bad guys have the advantage, and people can't defend themselves, then yes. Civil bloodshed. But average Americans having a gun tips the balance back to them. An example would be the Sandy Hook massacre. Because of our super politically correct landscapes and terrible laws, nobody could conceal carry in the school. Had one or more people done so, the casualties would have been considerably less. Perhaps none even.

All I'm saying is, me owning a gun isn't going to cause civil bloodshed.

Ahh but you could also say.....if they never the 'people' had guns then they the 'people' wouldn't
have shootings so much at schools..thus dramatically reducing massacres as a whole.

And that sir/mam is why you don't really see it in uk schools does that make sense ?
edit on 26-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Go on the old boy! get stuck in there he really gave him some stick there...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That's cool bet he's a vet.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

aye, when having people in school holding firearms is the answer, you gotta wonder if people are asking the wrong questions.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

(Don't mess with the granny) we shall fight them on the beaches we shall fight them in the quickie marts too.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

I think the overthrow government angle is beyond realistic, if you had to stand up against the entirety of the US military you would stand no chance. This of course was different back in the 18th and 19th century when the 2nd amendment was written as the only weapons available were primitive firearms.

In modern times the military could just carpet bomb your staging points, or use drones. I seriously doubt if there was an uprising against the US government that the resistance would have a Navy or an Air Force capable of rivaling the most powerful military in history.

That being said I have no problem with people owning guns, as prohibition has never worked for anything, I just think the resistance to government line to be pretty silly.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

doing battle with a brush - brilliant, Did the scumbag have a hammer !! Where was this video from ?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What about the black guy in Chicago in 2010 who was strangled to death by 2 employees for stealing a tube of toothpaste and no one helped him? He was homeless and had no gun yet no charges were brought against them?
This guy in the bookies had a gun, imitation or not he had did it before yet we Brits are slagged because 2 guys overpowered him. According to reports he had a bad lung but that doesn't excuse what he did. I would have done the same thing to him. Google the guy that stole toothpaste in Chicago
as there is a video and its murder and nothing else.
A large gun is an extension of a guys manhood as he has a little one and this makes him feel big!
Half of them couldn't shoot a target to save themselves, get over it.
Britain is the best country in the world, deal with it!
Flame me all you want but us Brits are made of sterner stuff than you lot. Guns this,,guns that, give it a rest!
Remember we have nuclear weapons as well so won't roll over as some little countries do you invade for no reason.
No wonder America is hated around the world with invasions everywhere,,get your own house on order first.
edit on 26-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

As long as criminals are all amateurs, & 50 years old, & die while being restrained, I would agree the world doesn't need guns. But too bad this guy does not represent violent criminals. I betcha he fell on hard times and decided to rob someone.

Now, try restraining an actual violent criminal, like a Blood member, & see where that gets ya.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Sandy Hook shooting could have been prevented if proper gun safety rules were followed. If you know your son ain't right...lock up your guns in a gun safe. If those weapons were stored properly he never would have been able to get his hands on them.

Obviously you would need one weapon at the ready for home defense. So get one of these for your pistol.

edit on 26-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join