Why us Brits don't need guns for protection

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by bates

When someone breaks into your house and tries to kill your family, where are your extra friends that are gonna hold them down and beat them to death?

There is no real reason for anyone to break in and kill my family.

If they do and they're armed it will be a very very rare occurrence (it would make the main England page on the BBC website at the very least if it were to happen). Even run of the mill aggravated burglary is still news worthy.

I'll let them get in with it if I'm not convinced I can handle the situation in a physical confrontation.

As soon as they're gone I'll phone the police and let them deal with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Bully for you Sir! But I feel that I must point out that British people are still enamoured with a ridiculous gaggle of self appointed aristocrats who have risen to their positions by the criminality and the brutality of diabolical ancestors. Silly constumes and large hats mark this asinine parade of thievery. So come down from your self righteous pub stool and realize that alcohol is a terrible thing and that you have never exited the blood drenched halls of serfdom. Have another pint, while scions of the Red Shield laugh as you and your fellow serfs who's adoration of the very puppets that they have installed provide you and yours with further intoxication in addition to John Barleycorn. You seek to illeviate yourself of the pain of slavery in strong drink.

You are no better than anyone else around the World who cling to oppressive constucts of cultural, social, political and religious control. They are but simple mechanisms to utilize fear. Fear is how they control you. This is why we are having this discussion, your fear of death. Fear = Control.

I do not extend this piece as a condemnation, for I am an Anglophile. I love the British people as I love all of my common sisters and brothers around the globe. I am riled by the self righteous ignorance that permeates this planet. I pray my statement was not received as harsh but rather a loving chide to invite all to awaken and embrace the ofactory deluge of bovine excrement.
edit on 26-1-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: A whiff of bovine excrement

Word.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by jimmiec
Well, no matter how you Brits feel about America's business. We have your back if it comes down to it. We will supply you weapons and even give our lives to protect you. Just like we did in WWII. Lets just keep that in the back of our minds when arguing America's Constitution. It protects you too.

That would be more convincing if you hadn't waited until Germany declared war on you 11 Dec 1941.

We were supplying you weapons and Germany put Japan on us for it. I agree it took too long but our government had to squable about it first. You know how the red tape goes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
The worst they have in England is drive by arguments.

Sorry, I had to

i call fake on your documentary footage, not a monocle or chauffeur in sight!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by tjack

if you want an insight into what this poor berk of a robber faced when he tried to hit up that bookies... check some of the local "soccer fans"

www.google.co.uk... 24l2j0i10i24j0i24l6.1562.5375.0.6734.12.10.0.0.0.0.531.1562.0j3j1j1j0j1.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.YPnBwqxFcQk#hl=en&tbo=d&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=pompey+fa ns&oq=pompey+fans&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.403328.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.CUSnc8zJ0dY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.d2k&fp=82f56c19 5d5602d8&biw=1024&bih=567

clearly i suck at linking, but hopefully you will get the picture...

I'm from pompey as it goes portsmouth... i know them just fans ...
The hooligan element is another story but thats going off topic....
edit on 26-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

likewise, was trying to add a little local flavour and made something of a balls up of it..... i dont think argyle fans are that colourful though, but like i said, i support the wolves and therefor know nowt about this strange and baffling game we call footy

spotted your scarf in the piccy btw!
edit on 26-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So you have a 50 year old guy with probably heart problems that can't get medical attention because of your crappy "free" healthcare system. So he pulls a gun that probably doesn't even work so people will attack him and end his misery.

I would be so proud to knock out a 50 year old guy.....haha, you guys over there are tough!

Did they use their Austin Powers type teeth on him also? Everybody over there has bad teeth like Austin Powers don't they?

No?!

Hmmm, maybe everybody here who owns a gun is not a nutcase either....just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

You guys every tried playing that game without a full set of kevlar body armour on?
in rugby we don't have to wear it we don't need to..

The world series is a funny one too... isn't that only played in america ?..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Is putting this thread into here the equivalent of a deletion

I have no idea what this thread has to do with political rivalries anyway.

I think I'll be going back on my self imposed exile from the board.
edit on 26-1-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

I think OUR point in the USA is how would you overthrow your government if you all felt there was no other choice? You all gonna wrestle them down I suppose eh?Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's an excellent point. ESPECIALLY a bookies! I live in Liverpool (England), there is a betting shop within a 5 or 10 minute walk of everywhere in the whole city. The amount of people's lives that are damaged by it is horrific.

I work for a social landlord and the amount of people who are in debt because of gambling (amongst other things) is a massive problem. I'd probably clap if somebody robbed a betting shop when I was there!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by batesCome at us with a gun and we'll laugh in your face and wrestle you down.

Lets cut the absurdity here and speak frankly

A. someone comes at you or most of us here with a gun the odds are we will poop ourselves and comply with what they want

B, Americans like everywhere else have stories where an unarmed person fights off someone with a gun. our reality clip shows as well as youtube are full of quite a few of such incidents. Like this for example

www.youtube.com...

However these incidents arent as common as some would like to think and if this story of yours deludes you into thinking it would be easy to fight off an armed person then you are incredibly delusional ,though for your sake im hoping you realize this and your op was just an excuse for more of the usual patriotic chest thumping.

If so bravo you are clearly a bad@ss because you just happened to live on the same landmass where someone defended themselves and you somehow vicariously get to share in this triumph.
edit on 26-1-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

I applaud The brave customers and staff ALL of whom jumped on the 50 yearold man.

I came on this thread late but I just wanted to post a video on how it is really.One on One american style ,oh and it is not a 50 year old man.BTW he wasn't killed.

edit on 26-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by mwood

You guys every tried playing that game without a full set of kevlar body armour on?
in rugby we don't have to wear it we don't need to..

The world series is a funny one too... isn't that only played in america ?..

whoa, whoa, leave the green bay fudge packers out of this, they probs read this and got the fear..

A British Rugby League player showed it takes a lot of balls to play the rough game - or at least a lot of ball.

Player Paul Wood Saturday lost a testicle after a suffering a collision during the league's final at Manchester's Old Trafford Stadium Saturday, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment, CNN reports.

Wood, who plays for the Warrington Wolves, was injured just one minute into the second half, but played the rest of the game anyway before he was taken off to the hospital, where the 30-year-old father of two's injured testicle was removed in surgery. And even though he finished out the match, his team still lost by 26-13 to the 2011 champions, Leeds.

Talking about busting your balls.

And later on, after losing a testicle and the big game, Wood was still able to tweet his woes with a sense of humor:

Now just sat in hospital with a ruptured testicle! Please don't laugh it's very very very painful! & embarrassing #wolves2012

— Paul Wood (@PaulWood_Wolves) October 6, 2012

And to a friend who hadn't heard what happened:

@leonpryce6 ruptured my right testicle mate, got a knee 1 minute into the second half, had to have it removed tonight, no mad Monday gutted

— Paul Wood (@PaulWood_Wolves) October 7, 2012

And when it was all over:

Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something???

— Paul Wood (@PaulWood_Wolves) October 7, 2012

Which goes to show you, even with one ball, Paul Wood is one tough SOB.

www.heavy.com...

and i think this is good in the political rivaly section, kinda whats going on here
edit on 26-1-2013 by skalla because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

I'm so glad that you think yourself except from the historical tyranny that is Government. I for one would rather not be marched onto a train and shot in the back of the head in some ditch like Nazi Germany.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
is this not a humour thread

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is probably how it would have went down in America.

won't embed...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-1-2013 by PAranormal because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-1-2013 by PAranormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

good vid, and while i'm generally taking the pee in this thread, i will raise you this...

the scots, they be a breed apart

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So a bunch of people subdued a 50 year old man and thats why you dont need guns?

2nd line

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We don't own guns because we expect an old man to come out with a firearm and take pot shots. That's certainly a possibility, no doubt about that.

We own guns because we are the people, it is a right that is used in conjunction with the protection of our other rights. In order to protect and defend our Constitution, we must have the ability to do so. We cannot do so if we do not have guns.

I think the OP is missing the point entirely and taking a cheap shot at the majority of Americans who respect the Second Amendment. Guns purchased our freedom, and guns will ensure that freedom is not taken away by tyrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join