It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just learned today that we are 99% nothing because the atoms that make us up are mostly nothing. and the only thing that stops us from going through walls, desks, etc, is the electrons of the atoms of my body and the desk repel eachother. I thought thats the pretty weird don't you.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I suggest elaborating on this. What are you trying to say. There seem to be a lot of young'uns joining ats.

Here I'll try replying to something that you would understand

If you zoom in on a circle to a large enough magnification, you eventually end up with a line. What does that have to do with anything, well nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What he probably means is that his head is filled with the 98% of that nothingness and he will never come up with a good topic for discussion. Eh airhead?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
I just learned today that we are 99% nothing because the atoms that make us up are mostly nothing. and the only thing that stops us from going through walls, desks, etc, is the electrons of the atoms of my body and the desk repel eachother. I thought thats the pretty weird don't you.

I agree it does boggle the mind when you think of it like that.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
I suggest elaborating on this. What are you trying to say. There seem to be a lot of young'uns joining ats.

Young'uns, yes this seems to be the case...

Smokey,
Is this what your talking about?

education.jlab.org...

www.madsci.org...

Google is a good thing...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Im not sure what the exact percent but what stops you from falling through the chair your sitting in is electro magnetic fields. Those same fields are billions of times stronger then gravity.

I wonder though since this is the way it works could things like force fields really be created some day. If you could produce the same electro magnetic field as matter does wouldnt it pretty much feel just like matter?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

Im no scientist so forgive whatever is not technically accurate as far as definitions go.

einstein once said there is no matter , only field.

is this what you mean? what we concieve of as particles of matter are only really fields of types of opposing energy that we assign form to based on what we have percieved about them based on empirical evidence?

after all are eyes only percieve light energy and how those fields bend it.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
C'mon guys, don't be idiots yourself. Don't make fun of people trying to post a topic. Actually, I like the topic.

I find it interesting, and, though I know little about the subject, those links provided were interesting.

good topic,

regards,

-wD

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
C'mon guys, don't be idiots yourself. Don't make fun of people trying to post a topic. Actually, I like the topic.

I find it interesting, and, though I know little about the subject, those links provided were interesting.

good topic,

regards,

-wD

I wasn't trying to to make fun of smokey...

in my original post i merely agreed with websurfer's statement... then i went on to reply to smokey's post.

[edit on 10/28/2004 by Assassin]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I also wasn't trying to be hurtful, just having a lil fun. Good topic discussion. Also, think of how it is affected when you attain advancement as a human and vibrate at a different level.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You are on a smallish chunk of rock, rounded through a few eons of spinning around, with an unstable core, 2/3 of its surface covered by H2O, while you are hurtling around a ball of fiery gas about 3/4 of the way through its solar life, at phenomenal speed, oblivious to anything much but where your next meal is coming from.

What holds you to that chunk of rock? Do you really believe Newton?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What are you suggesting MA?

If newton is BS... then what is reality?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I meant what assasins first website is talking about. SOrry if i didn't explain it welll im only twelve. Yeah so orfeo dont make fun of me.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Plus im not that stupid.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari...then what is reality?

indeed...

I dunno how many Matrix fans we have here at ATS but,

I just got done reading an extremely good book about this subject.

IdleWild

edit:

Sorry, I changed the topic...
Let's get back on it, shall we?

[edit on 10/30/2004 by Assassin]

new topics

top topics

join