The 4 Elements - and the order of their creation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Well, lucky then for the OP that he is speaking Metaphysically.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Reasoning for the meanings are provided in the brackets ( [ ] )

Fire/Light - Spirit - Red/White - Awareness, Sense (Contact, Encounter, Perceive), Knowledge - Masculine - Plasma

[The light/fire allows you to know what is hidden in the dark]
[Prometheus stole the fire to give it to man - Knowledge]

Water/Darkness - Heart - Blue/Black - Adaptation (Acceptance/Flow), Change, Chaos - Feminine - Liquid

[Physically speaking Water distorts/bends Light]
[Water has no shape]
[In the beginning the spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water - when everything was void/chaos]

Air/Breath - Mind - Yellow/White - Emotion, Thought - Masculine - Gas

[Air is associated with Spirit in many traditions]
[Air is sometimes called "The Breath of God or Life"]
[Changing breathing patterns can influence the body's calmness, alertness]

Earth - Body - Green/Brown/Black - Stability, Strength, Abundance - Solid

[Earth is a stable ground allowing life to live on it]
[Earth provides food which grows from its soil - energy/strength/abundance]

Since the universe began with an expansion of light (some choose to call it "Big Bang"), I would say that the element of Fire (Light - state of Plasma) was here first. Next would be the element of Air since Hydrogen was the first element to be formed but it was so hot that it was a gas instead of a liquid at that time. Later, the gases cooled into liquids and liquids solidified into solids.

Plasma > Gas > Liquid > Solid
Fire > Air > Water > Earth
Spirit > Mind > Heart > Body
The Seed > The Egg > The Offspring > Pattern of Life/Creation
Red > Yellow > Blue > Green

The Red transitions to The Yellow making its way to The Blue and finally achieving balance with The Green.

Awareness (being) becomes Mind (thought/emotion) which then manifests in the physical as the Heart (Acceptance) and the rest of the body (Physical Stability) seems to grow from there. The heart is the first physical part to develop in the wound.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It is funny how science, as I was taught in school, ignored plasma as the 4th state of matter.

It really is a huge gaping hole in modern science.

Fire, electricity, the sun, all exist as plasma in their natural state.

Most of the world exists as a plasma state.

It seems more than reasonable that lower energy forms of plasma exist all around us. The magnetic field as we know it, is most likely a low energy form of plasma.

edit on 27-1-2013 by poet1b because: Add ,

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I suspect that there are higher states of plasma. We are just beginning to explore the world outside of the tiny sliver we occupy.

I originally had 4 primary virtues in my philosophy.

Empathy, charity, humility, and forgiveness, but I wound up adding patience to the beginning of the list.

The opposing vices were indifference, greed, arrogance, and hypocrisy, and then I added paranoia to the beginning of the list of vices, as the opposite of patience.

edit on 27-1-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Fun Fact:

Empedocles, a pre-socratic philosopher, discovered air was a separate element when he flipped a bucket upside down in water and saw the bubbles coming out. Soon thereafter he jumped into a volcano (Mt. Etna) to prove he was a god. He didn't live, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
1. Omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence.
2. The Singularity (Above #1 effort to be omnipresent within absolute non-existence)
3. Space and time (results from above #2 engaging in infinite rate and angular diverity kinetics)
4. Particles (#3 infinite expanse converting into infinite time located at the Singularity) The conversion process of the infinite expanse of space (string of infinitesimal duration instances of time at Planck frequency) converting into infinitesimal space and pure time eternity as all the past, such (time) current causing radiation with cohesive bunching (particles).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by arpgme

4 is sacred. Bre**ts, Pe*is, Va**na, A**.

Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Huh? But none of those words are 4 letters long?
Why did you choose those words to say 4 is sacred I don't get it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i always took the greeks view that the four elements they were ridiculed for believing
earth, air fire and water were the equivilent to the modern physicsits' interpretation of the building blocks of the universe
matter, thought (information), energy. and vibration..

in other words the greeks actually did have the right idea, they weren't so dumb after all

I would guess energy, vibration, thought, and matter is the order of their creation, but it's possible they all happened at the same time

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Which element do you think would rule each? Would matter be Earth? What about thought, energy, and vibratioN?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThreeNF

There was 4 words. It was a joke, a bad one I guess :-)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

earth matter solid
air thought gas
water vibration liquid
fire energy energy

here is a good page re many different cultural systems which seem to corelate
en.wikipedia.org...

i think this page has some interesting stuff on it too, and from different systems too...which seems to correlate

The combination of element and modality provides a basic sign characterization. For instance, Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign, meaning that it is associated with action (cardinal modality) in the material world (earth element). That can translate into ambition or practical application to the concrete, everyday necessities of life.[17] The next table displays the twelve combinations of elements and modalities.

Fire Earth Air Water
Cardinal Aries Capricorn Libra Cancer
Fixed Leo Taurus Aquarius Scorpio
Mutable Sagittarius Virgo Gemini Pisces

In Indian astrology, there are four elements: fire, earth, air, and water. The master of fire is Mars, while Mercury is of earth, Saturn of air, and Venus of water
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by arpgme

earth matter solid
air thought gas
water vibration liquid
fire energy energy

here is a good page re many different cultural systems which seem to corelate
en.wikipedia.org...

i think this page has some interesting stuff on it too, and from different systems too...which seems to correlate

The combination of element and modality provides a basic sign characterization. For instance, Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign, meaning that it is associated with action (cardinal modality) in the material world (earth element). That can translate into ambition or practical application to the concrete, everyday necessities of life.[17] The next table displays the twelve combinations of elements and modalities.

Fire Earth Air Water
Cardinal Aries Capricorn Libra Cancer
Fixed Leo Taurus Aquarius Scorpio
Mutable Sagittarius Virgo Gemini Pisces

In Indian astrology, there are four elements: fire, earth, air, and water. The master of fire is Mars, while Mercury is of earth, Saturn of air, and Venus of water
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

May I correct you on your initial quadrant/triplicates:

Fire/Energy/PLASMA
Air/Thought/Gas
Earthe/Matter/Solid
Water/Vibration/Liquid

I added PLASMA to the Fire triplicate, (instead of Energy/Energy)
I also placed FIRE first, in the order of 4.

Fire> Air> Earth> Water........(then segueway back to Fire, etc).
Red>Yellow>Green>Blue.......(then segueway back to Red, etc).

Also: Mercury is rather the master of AIR, (Gemini), not Earth,
Saturn is rather the master of EARTH, (Capricorn), not Air.

Otherwise, you're relatively good on Fire and Water...(although I would have atributed Water to Moon or Neptune/Pluto, rather than Venus, since that is usually associated to Libra/Air).
edit on 1/28/2013 by Starling because: I added one dot, because I'm anal!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am sorry but what is the whole point of the "4" thing?

Let´s assume for the sake of argument that it actually is true what he says, even though I highly doubt it.

What is the consequence of that. What are you trying to say?

Plus, I have always problems with these threads. You could make that with every number. If I wanted to make a point that 6 or 7 or 3 are the "main" numbers everything is constructed around, then I could.

In fact some people already did that, with multiple numbers.

So all this is based on nothing by somebody who obviously is not too informed about chemistry.

Doesn´t look to good.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join