It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 Elements - and the order of their creation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
In the beginning, everything was pure energy (plasma). Then hydrogen was created as the first element, but it wasn't water, instead it was steam because the plasma was making things really hot back then. The gas eventually cooled down into liquid, and liquid solidified into matter.

Plasma > Gas > Liquid > Solid

Fire > Air > Water > Earth

Power > Knowledge > Sensation > Security

Do > Think > Feel > Be (Aware of Contact/Touch of Self)

Spirit > Mind > Heart > Body

Masculine > Masculine > Feminine > Feminine

4 is the number of Stability / Wholeness / Completion.

There are the 4 directions (East, South, West, North). There are 4 dimensions we exist in (Length, Width, Height, Event/Duration/Time). There are 4 codes of The DNA. There are 4 seasons on Earth keeping the balance for life.

I hope this helps and offers some insight on views of the elements.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This is quite possibly the biggest Chemistry fail I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Well, will you correct it? Will you offer anything of value to this thread?

If the states of matter didn't manifest as I said (Plasma to Gas to Liquid to Solid) then why not be helpful and tell me the correct order?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Are you serious?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes, I am. 4 is the number of balance. We can see it in the Four Directions, and in The Four Codes of The DNA. There are 4 States of Matter. There are 4 basic elements (The Classical Elements).
edit on 26-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Eeerrrmm.... ok. You need a chemistry lesson I think.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
In the beginning, everything was pure energy (plasma). Then hydrogen was created as the first element, but it wasn't water, instead it was steam because the plasma was making things really hot back then. The gas eventually cooled down into liquid, and liquid solidified into matter.

Plasma > Gas > Liquid > Solid

Power > Knowledge > Sensation > Security

Do > Think > Feel > Be (Aware of Contact/Touch of Self)

Spirit > Mind > Heart > Body

Masculine > Masculine > Feminine > Feminine

There are the 4 directions (East, South, West, North). There are 4 dimensions we exist in (Length, Width, Height, Event/Duration/Time). There are 4 codes of The DNA. There are 4 seasons on Earth keeping the balance for life.

I hope this helps and offers some insight on views of the elements.

Thank you for your insights, Arpgme.

I am working on a book that deals with just these things, but I'm using the basis of COLOR to interpret all of Natures fundamental laws and sacred geometry.

You have all of this in correct categories, except for the order of the last two elements.

If you take the order of the Spectrum: RED > YELLOW = Yang = Fire / Air = Plasma / Gas...
.................Then that segueways into: GREEN > BLUE = Yin = Earth / Water = Solid / Liquid

The correct sequence of Elements / Spectrum / States of Matter, is:

YANG:
Fire, Red, Plasma
Air, Yellow, Gas

YIN:
Earth, Green, Solid
Water, Blue, Liquid

The sequence of the color spectrum is what dictates the order of all things.
RED > YELLOW > GREEN > BLUE.

To correct your sequence: Yellow segues into Green; then Blue, then back to the beginning: Red > yellow, etc, anon...

So, all you need to do is to reverse your last two segments of the quadrants, then we will be in total sublime synchronization.

All else follows under this sequence of the color spectrum and the natural order of light frequencies.

Looking forward to further enlarge on this theme.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I know the purpose of this thread is to draw spiritual parallels to physical phenomena, but if you're going to do that, it would benefit your cause greatly to take the time to get the physical stuff right. That's why I've pointed out the errors below.

In the beginning, everything was pure energy (plasma).

Plasma isn't energy, it's a state of matter.

Then hydrogen was created as the first element, but it wasn't water, instead it was steam

Steam is water vapor.

and liquid solidified into matter.

But liquid is matter. So is gas.

Fire is heat and light energy released in a combustion reaction.
Air and "Earth" (soil) are mixtures.
Water is a compound.
None of the above are elements.

There are the 4 directions (East, South, West, North)

The dimension of a linear space need only be defined by the same number of linearly independent vectors. In a 2D coordinate plane, there are only 2 directions. In our spherical coordinate system with fixed radius r, we generally approximate it as a 2D coordinate plane, but using a true spherical coordinate system we have 2 angles and a radius.

There are 4 dimensions we exist in (Length, Width, Height, Event/Duration/Time)

Dimensional analysis specifies 3 base units from which all other units are derived: length (of which you could say there are 3 dimensions), mass (and its energy equivalence), and time.

I won't comment on the spiritual stuff due to its subjectivity.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You are truly a bore!
I will say no more.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Well, will you correct it? Will you offer anything of value to this thread?

If the states of matter didn't manifest as I said (Plasma to Gas to Liquid to Solid) then why not be helpful and tell me the correct order?

If you are asking him to be helpful, then you aren't sure that your premise is correct, yet you wrote it as though it was pure fact. I think this is what irks many people. If you had posed it as a question, asking others what they think of your idea, it would have changed the attitude of the entire OP. Now, instead of offering us a chance to merely chat about your topic, people feel compelled to shoot it down.

My question would be: plasma is a gas, so why would it have a state that is separate from the category of Gas?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Yes, I am. 4 is the number of balance. We can see it in the Four Directions, and in The Four Codes of The DNA. There are 4 States of Matter. There are 4 basic elements (The Classical Elements).

Oh Man...groan!

OK...First of all our Planet which is an imperfect sphere as it is wider at the equador than anywhere else a line of circumfrence can be drawn around the planet...has INFINITE POSSIBLE DIRECTIONS that are available from any given point.

For example...you talk about Noth, South...etc...as the Four Directions. Well I hate to tell you but even this very old construct developed to make travel and position of land on the Earth easier to navigate to never just was 4 points on a Map or Compass. There was North, North North East, North East, South South West, North North West...etc.

Point is...and my little partial list is just a small representation of possible directions...is that from any point on the globe one might find themselves there are infinite numbers of direction. Continued Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Wow, I did not think to look at it like that.

Red > Yellow > Green > Blue

Fire > Air > Earth > Water

[Power > Knowledge > Stability > Sensation/Emotion/Love]

I just that would make more sense. Heat/Energy (Fire) creating Gas (Air), then it solidifying into a solid (Earth) and on the solid mass Water forms.

I guess I only said it the other way because it felt like some sort of order from "less" to "more" physical.

Plasma - Gas - Water - Matter (Earth).

But, what you said also makes a lot of sense.

I didn't say Plasma was an energy. I said there was energy and then in parenthesis I put "plasma" to show it's state of matter. Later I said there was Hydrogen (Gas), that cooled into Water (Liquid) and finally there was solids like dirt/matter (Earth).

reply to post by jiggerj

Plasma is not "a" gas. It is a state of matter.

Fine. Then I'll say "there are the 4 BASIC directions".

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Secondly...States of Matter.

1. Solid
2. Liquid
3. Gas
4. Vapor
5. Einstein-Bose Condensate

Number 6 is debateable as PLASMA is just Ionized Gas. So some state this is another state of Matter and some state it is just a Gas that has been ionized.

Still it is MORE THAN 4.

You state there is 4 Codes of DNA.
You must be talking about the Double Helix as there is untold Billions of bits of code in DNA.

You bring up 4 Classic Elements. Those being Fire, Water, Wind, Earth. Despite from the obvious fact that these are not real elements such as Iron and Gold...but in fact since these words are so different in their substance and function that one could add more words that are just as equal such as Lightning, Thunder, Ice, Rock, Diamond, Smoke, Steam...etc...etc.

Finally you state 4 is the number of balance...if there ever was to be a number of balance then that number SHOULD BE 2 NOT 4.

Ta Da!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Starling

Wow, I did not think to look at it like that.

Red > Yellow > Green > Blue

Fire > Air > Earth > Water

[Power > Knowledge > Stability > Sensation/Emotion/Love]

I just that would make more sense. Heat/Energy (Fire) creating Gas (Air), then it solidifying into a solid (Earth) and on the solid mass Water forms.

I guess I only said it the other way because it felt like some sort of order from "less" to "more" physical.

Plasma - Gas - Water - Matter (Earth).

But, what you said also makes a lot of sense.]quote

Thank you.

...And that's not all:

In a circle, starting from bottom, proceeding in clockwise sequence:

South Point: GRAVITY
SW Quadrant: Red / up
West Point: MAGNETIC (-)
NW Quadrant: Yellow / up
North Point: ELECTRIC
NE Quadrant: Green / down
East Point: MAGNETIC (+)
SE Quadrant: Blue down
------------
...Continue loop to South / GRAVITY > Red > up

Your version was linear;
The Cosmic version is circular and continuous, as is the light/color spectrum.

edit on 1/26/2013 by Starling because: Trying to separate my reply from the quote

edit on 1/26/2013 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Plasma is Ionized Gas...period.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Later I said there was Hydrogen (Gas), that cooled into Water (Liquid)

Sorry, but Hydrogen doesn't turn into water when it cools. It turns into water when it bonds with Oxygen.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hence the Quaternity.

On the Nature of Four - Jung’s Quarternity, Mandalas, the Stone and the Self

edit on 26-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Maybe there was no "beginning".

You sure churn these matter of fact threads out don't you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you want to study the connection between superstring physics and the four (and five) Platonic solids that the ancient Greeks thought were the shapes of the particles of their four Elements, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
You will discover (among things too numerous to list here) how they embody the dimension 248 of E8, the rank-8, exceptional Lie group, and the dimension 496 of E8xE8, one of the two gauge symmetry groups that describe superstring forces free of quantum anomalies, as discovered by physicists Michael B. Green & John H. Schwarz in 1984.

In other words, the four (actually five - the fifth was called "Aether") Elements must be understood NOT in terms of the states of matter that have been traditionally assigned to them, starting with Plato in "Timaeus," his treatise on cosmology, but in terms of the four mathematical STAGES (embodied in the first four Platonic solids themselves) of development of the basic unit of ALL physical matter (whatever state it assumes), namely, superstrings, from the geometry of empty space (Aether), as derived at the website linked to above. (Yes, I know physics has banished the Aether, so substitute "fabric of the space-time continuum" for this ancient term). As the ancient Pythagoreans recognized, the number 4 plays a pivotal role in the fundamental mathematics of nature that is far too profound and detailed to discuss here. If you want to discover why, you must study the research articles posted at the link. Article 1 serves as an introduction.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Very interesting. Thank you for linking to that. Now I can research more from another perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join