It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Co. WI. Sheriff Tells Residents To Arm Themselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm starting to hear this sort of thing more often as officers are being laid off due to the economy. Kudos to Sheriff Clarke for speaking up and warning residents of Milwaukee Co. to arm themselves and take a gun coarse. He even released a local radio commercial to get the word out to as many Milwaukee citizens he could.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. set off alarm bells Friday with a radio spot some view as a call for citizens to arm themselves.

In the radio ad, Clarke tells residents personal safety isn't a spectator sport anymore, and that "I need you in the game."

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Clarke intones.

"You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back."

Clarke urges listeners to take a firearm safety course and handle a firearm "so you can defend yourself until we get there."

"You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We're partners now. Can I count on you?" Article Link

From my cold dead hands!!!

edit on 26/1/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's good to hear Sheriffs telling it straight. Unlike hired or appointed Police officials, Sheriff is someone accountable to the people who can vote him out. That's the closest we get to law enforcement with our well being in mind, as it's tied to their own for career future.

I'd say he's being brutally honest and maybe it saves lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sounds like someone is trying to save the jobs of officers laid off. More people with more guns, in an already troubled area, equals more violence.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I'm a resident of WI, and I'm really glad to see the BLACK milwaukee sheriff saying this... I work at the state "mental" hospital and you should see the crap which mostly comes from the chicago area that invades milwaukee.... the crime is horrendous and the people are like animals. I apologize for the racial tone, but you have to see the police reports like I do, and the in=human acts these people commit.

Look at the murder rate in chicago... and how many CHILDREN have been murdered by these animals.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I should add that all these "animals" have been treated with some form of psychotropic medication since they were children.

So much for the "they need psychiatric help" MSM plea.

MAYBE that's the problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Glad to see more and more of the real lawmen, AKA Sheriffs are not just keeping their mouths shut and their heads down any longer.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's good to hear Sheriffs telling it straight. Unlike hired or appointed Police officials, Sheriff is someone accountable to the people who can vote him out. That's the closest we get to law enforcement with our well being in mind, as it's tied to their own for career future.

Sheriffs are typically Constitutionally (state constitution) appointed and required; therefor, accountable to the People. One should always request that the sheriff or their deputy be called to a scene where local law enforcement is involved -- your very Right and responsibility is to do so.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I'm a resident of Wisconsin too. I used to live in between Chicago & Milwaukee but over 36 years saw it becoming one big city altogether so I moved further north (Green Bay area) and would never move back...unless some crazy ice age stuff happened

More of a small town atmosphere with all the amenities of a large city up here. Lovin' it!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

they're also the highest form of law in the county, trumping any and all fed agencies, less US marshals, who i don't see being a problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Sounds like someone is trying to save the jobs of officers laid off. More people with more guns, in an already troubled area, equals more violence.

Violence against who though? Most likely the criminals if people would stand up for themselves, and take back their cities from gang violence. Maybe it is just me, but it sounds like you would rather the poor defenseless law abiding citizen get murdered.

I am sorry but I feel it is a basic human right to defend yourself, and a duty to protect your country as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Will this ever stop?

It's not guns, it's the meds.

It's not guns, it's a socio-economic problem.

It's not guns, it's people that were treated poorly as a kid.

It's not guns, it's Obama, republicans/democrats, gold, china, britain, people in urban areas, people in rural areas, cowboys, gangs, thugs, old ladys.....

Great, got it. Thanks for the input. Now, I'll arm myself until these pesky problems are dealt with, thank you very much. I'll let 18 pellets of OO-Buck solve these peoples problems, if they want to be a problem to me or my family.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I heard on CNN today that the mayor of Milwaukee wasn't pleased with the sheriff's PSA for residents to buy a firearm and take a coarse on how to use it. Hopefully that mayor gets voted out next election.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I want to buy that man lunch.....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Resident here in Milwaukee.

The Sheriff speaks the truth. Period.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sheriff Clarke's PSA is starting to get even more media coverage. Local news stations are reporting on it and the Sheriff was also on Fox & Friends this morning (I'll post the video when it's available on YouTube) where he fires back at Milwaukee's Mayor Barrett saying that burglaries and robberies are continuing to spike under the Mayor's watch.

Here's a local Milwaukee news cast reporting on the Sheriff's PSA:

Just for a little background on Sheriff David Clarke Jr., here's a video of him speaking at a Tea Party rally in 2009;

edit on 28/1/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Below is the link to the video & recap of Sheriff Clarke's appearance on Fox & Friends this morning.
Milwaukee Co. Sheriff David Clarke Jr. On Fox & Friends (Jan.28, 2013)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That PSA should be put on every local network channel in every state.
It is the truth, especially with some towns not having police officers at all!
With all the money funneling towards DC and not locally, it is commonplace.
So we need to protect ourselves and our neighbors!

I can only urge people to take safety courses and proper certification with firearms.
It is the most important thing a person can do for themselves these days.
A person never knows when that same training could come in useful!

Kudos to the Sheriff.
He would get my vote, and I wish our county Sheriff was the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Wow, simply wow. For a Scandinavian, these American gun threads are simply astonishing to read. You guys live in a completely other dimension than we do over here. What ever happened to your society? Is it so fragile?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Just to add a little history - Barrett vs. Walker - first election - Barret the mayor of Milwaukee vs. Walker the county executive of Milwaukee. Walker wins.

Unions call a 2nd election - PUBLIC unions, which include prison workers, firemen, state patrol, and policemen - though the public teachers union makes a BIG and UGLY stink for months. -

Walker re-elected with bigger percentages than his first election.

Barret remains anti-gun, Walker brings in conceal and carry - Milwaukee is a small portion of the great state of Wisconsin.

new topics

top topics

join