It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Cyber Cops go 5x

Report: Pentagon to boost cyber-security force fivefold By REUTERS01/28/2013 06:57WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has approved is a major expansion of its cyber-security force to counter a growing threat of hacking and to conduct offensive operations against foreign foes, the Washington Post reported on Sunday, citing US officials.

The officials, who were not named because the plan is not yet public, said the move would increase the cyber-security force fivefold, from 900 personnel to a total of 4,900 troops and civilians.

It said senior Pentagon officials made the decision late last year amid a string of attacks, including one that wiped out more than 30,000 computers at a Saudi Arabian state oil company.

Wow i know you guys love coincidences. Here you go

edit on 28-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Cyber Cops go 5x

Report: Pentagon to boost cyber-security force fivefold By REUTERS01/28/2013 06:57WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has approved is a major expansion of its cyber-security force to counter a growing threat of hacking and to conduct offensive operations against foreign foes, the Washington Post reported on Sunday, citing US officials.

The officials, who were not named because the plan is not yet public, said the move would increase the cyber-security force fivefold, from 900 personnel to a total of 4,900 troops and civilians.

It said senior Pentagon officials made the decision late last year amid a string of attacks, including one that wiped out more than 30,000 computers at a Saudi Arabian state oil company.

Quite the coincidence an increase in cyber police. How long before internet free speech is as trampled on as our other rights? One more slide towards a police state.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Mmm yea, but you do have to dig the "And to conduct offensive operations against foreign foes" part......and maybe this is just me grasping at straws. But since this decision was made a year ago, and is just being announced today, i have to wonder if this isn't what the content of those files stolen by Anon really pertains to. They were gonna do it all in secret..Anonymous threatened that, they make a late report....too easy?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Mmm yea, but you do have to dig the "And to conduct offensive operations against foreign foes" part......and maybe this is just me grasping at straws. But since this decision was made a year ago, and is just being announced today, i have to wonder if this isn't what the content of those files stolen by Anon really pertains to. They were gonna do it all in secret..Anonymous threatened that, they make a late report....too easy?

well damage control would not surprise me personally.....I have a bad feeling about the superbowl next week and am just hoping I am wrong and nothing of significance happens....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Something significant will happen.

Ray Lewis is gonna get himself another ring before he retires and i will be getting nice and toasted as i have the Superbowl off for the first time in 5 years.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ReallySoon

I don't think anonymous is a real hacker group, I think they're gov't because our gov't is BROKE, and need an "excuse" to why, all of a sudden, everyone's bank accounts are empty.

How did you get from my post that I thought they were a "real hacker group"?

Maybe you can't understand sarcasm, or have reading comprehension problems?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Immature hacker activists who target inconsequential websites of an imagined foe. Why listen to their message whilst they are so ineffectual?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Because they present it with such style?
Because we like to root for the\any Underdog?
We like V for Vendetta?

What can i say, its the American in me.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Cyber Cops go 5x

that's a coincidence and a half.

im with the other guy.. give everyone in the world 1 trillion dollars to their bank accounts.. lolol

also i wouldnt worry about their "bluff" on increasing cyber police. talent is not an easy thing to come by. they might grab at a couple desperate college students. but any real talent.. knows they dont want to help the US government. ever notice how in cartoons the evil team is mostly constructed of a conglomerate of buffoons? including their incompetent leader? that same thing translates in real life.. evil is stupid! put quite plainly.

i also think these files are quite real. by the file sizes they seem to be large pdf or other documents. this one is not a drill. this isnt fake anonymous.

let's discuss the potential shall we?
they stated in the video that they understand that certain information should not be released in a sympathetic plea to the DOJ.

what could this be. let's rule out a couple things, if it were some sort of inhumanitarian issue, then i dont think anon would hesitate to release it in unencrypted form. or perhaps they are more ethical than i give them credit for.

by my guess, we're looking at government policies. political backstabbing perhaps. that could trigger a disconnect with nations who have thought the US to be their allies.

or maybe personal info on politicians that could end their marriage. but i dont think that it is about the population really. it might be news for the population but may not affect them directly. this is all conjecture of course.. i say this because i think that if anon is ethical. they would not negotiate with the things we need to know if they got those sort of documents.
edit on 28-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by bknapple32

A child dies every 5 seconds from starvation in the world. Good luck with your new job (insert bad words here)

quite selfish isnt he.. but not to worry.. what he doesnt realise is that time moves on.. and that child just might grow up on the wrong end of the system.. and the child or grandchild will suffer thru everything he couldve made a stand for much earlier to prevent!

He's doing more to help the state of our world by BEING HAPPY than anyone consumed with anger or rage ever will.

yes.. go ahead and be happy.. while your government kills children around the world and calls it collateral damage. go ahead and be happy that u support a system that brandishes the words equality and fairness while they plunder africa and murdered it's ppl for it's wealth.

go ahead and be happy while u support ur troops as they rape women AND CHILDREN in areas they are sent to bring peace.

go ahead and be happy while disregarding all the atrocities committed to bring u a comfortable life.

i am happy.. but ill tell u what.. it is not for the things i have. i am happy because i live in the presence of the Almighty God and the Holy Spirit!

i am happy because of how many ppl i have helped out of depression as a counselor.

i am happy for all the poor ppl i have assisted in raising their mentality and aptitude in methods of survival and the ability to resist temptation.

i am happy because i can and they can see they are now better for it.

i am happy because of all the knowledge i have devoted myself to acquiring. to understand the butterfly effect and where my guilt lies as i propogate this decrepid and unfair system.

i am not in a position of want. being rich might be fun.. but i have everything i need and more. and through the Lord's blessing i gain everything else... and more.

how happy are you now? im not angry or enraged, not even jealous. in my eyes.. i have more than you. so much more than the lot of u put together. hope ur still happy.[
edit on 28-1-2013 by 0mage because: gotta go get my happy pills

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whatever they have sounds like an ace up the sleeve this time. On one hand, I hope the key is released any time now, because I'm nosy & really want to see the files. But on the other, this seems like a helluva bargaining chip to hold close even if it's only half as damaging as they claim.

Whatever is going on in the shadows between Anonymous & the government because of this, we need to watch legal actions and law passages, as well as bill proposals. Any deviation from the current norm one way or the other might be a BIG hint as to who actually has the upper hand. I don't think it would hint to any specific thing the documents are about, but then again, "guilty by association" comes to mind. Any uptick in something passing, being proposed, etc might be related to the contents of the documents.

If there are any surprising or positive changes/decisions/proposals, Anonymous could well have the upper hand. If it's the opposite, they either don't have the jawdropper they think they have, or the government is too big for it's britches & doesn't care.

All of this is of course assuming Anonymous has anything in the first place. I'm willing to postulate they may have nothing at all and may be trying one hell of a poker bluff.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I stumbled across an article on Daily Dot, and my jaw dropped reading it. The author says he was contacted and told the files contain Witness Protection Program information. Names & all. He goes on to say he is then told the file on doxbin is a fake, but I honestly don't know what to make of it. If the file circulating out there is the same as the one on doxbin, it could be a fake, filled with nothing useful. OR...the one on doxbin could well have been a fake, but the contents in the one circulating might in fact be the real names & locations of people in the WPP. If it turns out to be the latter, it would certainly fit with it being "collateral damage". It would be a definitively sharp deviation from Anonymous' philosophy of non-violence, because people would surely end up killed with their identities revealed like this.
If it really is the WPP list, then it's without a doubt completely unacceptable methodology, and I don't think I can support the group any longer.

Here's some of what the author says in his article:

]As of midnight Friday PST, Anonymous had hacked the front page of USSC.gov, replacing the normal content with a statement, a video, and a series of links to downloadable files.

Twelve hours later, the site, that of the United States Sentencing Commission, which sets sentencing guidelines for the federal courts, was down.

And 24 hours after that, the worldwide hacktivist collective allegedly dropped an “Anonymous Warhead,” as the subject line proclaimed in an email the Daily Dot received early Sunday morning from an Iranian domain. The leak contained a series of hundreds of names and addresses attributed to the Witness Protection Program, a program supervised by the United States Marshals Service to keep witnesses in danger safe before, during and after their testimony. (Due to the sensitivity of the information disclosed, the Daily Dot has elected to not link to the actual release.)

He goes on to say:

Update: @AnonymousIRC, one of the more reputable Twitter channels for Anonymous activity, claims the "USSC on @doxbin is a fake," comprised of data "ripped from a two year old document."

edit on 1/28/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/28/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

If they have launch codes the only thing they can do in to go in and disarm the nuke manually and fast so they don't change the detonation codes also as to where it is located.

They are not talking about actual nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Really ? Miami huh..... check it out.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ive never seen anonymous do anything other than make youtube videos and take over a website now and then. I have no reason to believe they have anything meaningful to offer other than rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
I have to retract my former statement, I was wrong...they DID release the files....EXCEPT THEY ARE ENCRYPTED!!

What a bunch of elitist JERKS!

Why not release the file in the first place unencrypted so that all may disseminate the information and let the chips fall as they may...good grief. If you are going to release something, just friggin do it people...don't be a jerk/tease. If Anon truly wants to change things, then they have to stop playing games like this, and actually just release sh*t...release the files EVERYWHERE, UNENCRYPTED, now that would have been something to actually get excited about, not just this retarded "we're gonna threaten you with an ENCRYPTED FILE THAT NOBODY CAN READ" tripe...pfft...Anon, you strike out yet again. #EPICFAIL #FAILBLOG #FAIL

/rant

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: FAIL

Think about it carefully - if the files are widely distributed, i.e. not centralized, TPTB effectively lose ALL control of suppressing them. The files are what take up the most bandwidth, are obvious, and require infrastructure for download. Encryption keys are small, portable, and easily disseminated outside of normal communication channels. I think their dissemination strategy is brilliant...

As for who "they" really are - false flag or legit - who knows...

Psyops puts us in a logical conundrum - If we do something, TPTB will use it as an excuse to exert more control. If we do nothing, then we're complicit in furthering our own slavery. Face it - there are no easy answers and learn to live with ambiguity.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

yes.. go ahead and be happy.. while your government kills children around the world and calls it collateral damage. go ahead and be happy that u support a system that brandishes the words equality and fairness while they plunder africa and murdered it's ppl for it's wealth.

go ahead and be happy while u support ur troops as they rape women AND CHILDREN in areas they are sent to bring peace.

go ahead and be happy while disregarding all the atrocities committed to bring u a comfortable life.

i am happy.. but ill tell u what.. it is not for the things i have. i am happy because i live in the presence of the Almighty God and the Holy Spirit!

i am happy because of how many ppl i have helped out of depression as a counselor.

i am happy for all the poor ppl i have assisted in raising their mentality and aptitude in methods of survival and the ability to resist temptation.

i am happy because i can and they can see they are now better for it.

i am happy because of all the knowledge i have devoted myself to acquiring. to understand the butterfly effect and where my guilt lies as i propogate this decrepid and unfair system.

i am not in a position of want. being rich might be fun.. but i have everything i need and more. and through the Lord's blessing i gain everything else... and more.

how happy are you now? im not angry or enraged, not even jealous. in my eyes.. i have more than you. so much more than the lot of u put together. hope ur still happy.[
edit on 28-1-2013 by 0mage because: gotta go get my happy pills

For being a Christian you sure are being pretty harsh and unforgiving. You have an opinion and a world view and seem to be pretty full of pride like the pharisee who thanked God he wasn't like the publican (who begged God to be merciful to him - a sinner)... So dude, chill. Not everyone is in the same place or frame of mind.

God has shown favor to this guy for whatever reason - let him enjoy his blessings. Anyone who has been on this earth very long knows that it'll pass and he'll have the same challenges we all have eventually. So you might want to look at your bitterness.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep, I'd be more than happy with them doing it too!

You cant have regular rag tag people arming 'real' nukes.

They didnt do this, but im saying I agree, if someone armed a nuke then publically spoke about it, id be happy for the internet to go offline for a week while they fixed the hole.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
I have to retract my former statement, I was wrong...they DID release the files....EXCEPT THEY ARE ENCRYPTED!!

What a bunch of elitist JERKS!

Why not release the file in the first place unencrypted so that all may disseminate the information and let the chips fall as they may...good grief. If you are going to release something, just friggin do it people...don't be a jerk/tease. If Anon truly wants to change things, then they have to stop playing games like this, and actually just release sh*t...release the files EVERYWHERE, UNENCRYPTED, now that would have been something to actually get excited about, not just this retarded "we're gonna threaten you with an ENCRYPTED FILE THAT NOBODY CAN READ" tripe...pfft...Anon, you strike out yet again. #EPICFAIL #FAILBLOG #FAIL

/rant

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: FAIL

Think about it carefully - if the files are widely distributed, i.e. not centralized, TPTB effectively lose ALL control of suppressing them. The files are what take up the most bandwidth, are obvious, and require infrastructure for download. Encryption keys are small, portable, and easily disseminated outside of normal communication channels. I think their dissemination strategy is brilliant...

As for who "they" really are - false flag or legit - who knows...

Psyops puts us in a logical conundrum - If we do something, TPTB will use it as an excuse to exert more control. If we do nothing, then we're complicit in furthering our own slavery. Face it - there are no easy answers and learn to live with ambiguity.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Trying to convince people to download a huge file that they can't even read/open and don't even know if it's safe to download is a ridiculously STUPID way of going about it. Nobody wants to touch this file/files....could be a virus, trojan, tracker...who knows.

And where in the world did you get that this is a "Psyops"? I did not read that anywhere in the original message put forth by the Anon source/s....

If they really wanted people to download this they would NOT have encrypted it at all....and made it abundantly clear what was in the file. Which is why I will stick to my opinion that they have failed miserably again...their demands will not be met EVER..of that you can be sure. Whether they release the key...remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Would the Government really want to take down the internet? I really don't think so.

www.mckinsey.com...

The Internet is a vast mosaic of economic activity, ranging from millions of daily online transactions and communications to smartphone downloads of TV shows. But little is known about how the web in its entirety contributes to global growth, productivity, and employment.

When I heard the news of the alleged suicide by Mr. Swartz I was saddened.

edit on 28-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join