It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I think it would be impossible to arm an actual nuke from the internet.

if there's an active phone line..

it's not cut off .. just say'n ..

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I don't know whether to take Anonymous serious or not. I don't see how defacing a government website will change anything... which seems to be the extent of their revolution.
edit on 26-1-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

it's not just defacing..

they said they have doc ready to release as necessary when the time should come .. there's a link on the first or 2nd page to all the docs file names to be released..

(if I understand it correctly )

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3d59
reply to post by thepixelpusher

All good points. The whole concept of Anon seemed to allow inclusion from all levels, This video is very polished and looks like a 3 letter acronym production-which has got to twist the knickers on the 3 Letter Krewe. Because if it ain't an official release, who the hell is the embed that helped put it out?
You may not like' em, but damn they're good and getting better!

most of the video looks like it came from Super Power and SP 2.. the pc game released back in 2000/2002(?).. so all they did was cut the video from the game files and wala ..

Not that hard to accomplish !! LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hello... Reading and watching the progress of the Anonymous group has greatly intrigued me. I have downloaded the Anonymous files for Operation Last Resort they all are .rar files...So I extracted them and all it was a code. Is there any way to read what the files contain? Or am I missing something... Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

The files are encrypted and the key for them is being held as the threat as many people will have downloaded the files and as such, have access to the information. Assuming it isn't some virus or other malicious thing people have been tricked into downloading. Hard to say, it's been rather quiet.

Oh...and i found this on MIT's website.
MIT Investigation into the events surrounding Aaron Swartz death

Dear Professor Abelson:

Since fall 2010, MIT has been involved in events arising from actions taken by Aaron Swartz to access JSTOR through the MIT computer network. I have asked you, and you have graciously agreed, to review MIT’s involvement.

The purpose of this review is to describe MIT’s actions and to learn from them. Your review should (1) describe MIT’s actions and decisions during the period beginning when MIT first became aware of unusual JSTOR-related activity on its network by a then-unidentified person, until the death of Aaron Swartz on January 11, 2013, (2) review the context of these decisions and the options that MIT considered, and (3) identify the issues that warrant further analysis in order to learn from these events.

Which seems to be this guy. And check out his 'stats' and his current line of research, how very interesting.

Harold (Hal) Abelson is a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, a fellow of the IEEE, and is a founding director of both Creative Commons and the Free Software Foundation.
Abelson holds an A.B. degree from Princeton University and obtained a Ph.D. degree in mathematics from MIT under the tutelage of mathematician Dennis Sullivan. In 1992, Abelson was designated as one of MIT's six inaugural MacVicar Faculty Fellows, in recognition of his significant and sustained contributions to teaching and undergraduate education. Abelson was recipient in 1992 of the Bose Award (MIT's School of Engineering teaching award). Abelson is also the winner of the 1995 Taylor L. Booth Education Award given by IEEE Computer Society, cited for his continued contributions to the pedagogy and teaching of introductory computer science,[1] and the winner of the 2012 ACM SIGCSE Award for Outstanding Contribution to Computer Science Education.[2]

Abelson and Sussman also cooperate in codirecting the MIT Project on Mathematics and Computation, a project of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (previously a joint project of the AI Lab and LCS, CSAIL's components). The goal of the project is to create better computational tools for scientists and engineers. But even with powerful numerical computers, exploring complex physical systems still requires substantial human effort and human judgement to prepare simulations and to interpret numerical results. Together with their students, Abelson and Sussman are combining techniques from numerical computing, symbolic algebra, and heuristic programming to develop programs that not only perform massive numerical computations, but that also interpret these computations and "discuss" the results in qualitative terms. Programs such as these could form the basis for intelligent scientific instruments that monitor physical systems based upon high-level behavioral descriptions. More generally, they could lead to a new generation of computational tools that can autonomously explore complex physical systems, and which will play an important part in the future practice of science and engineering. At the same time, these programs incorporate computational formulations of scientific knowledge that can form the foundations of better ways to teach science and engineering.

A pdf of his Bio

edit on 27-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Nyteskye

Well then why did they provide all kinds of links to hash codes? You may not have seen that...Cause now I think the site has been taken down...

you mean the uuencoded files?

Hash codes??

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by cenpuppie

You people need to get a clue.... Anonymous is the gov't.... they're going to kill the internet, they only place we can get real news. THE GOV"T is BROKE!!!!!!

They want you stupid and armless. And hoping that FEMA will come and SAVE you.

Aww Only in planet America though.

We'll be waving as you watch the downloads freeze at 97%...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BENGALSLIVEON
reply to post by timetothink

Blaming it on some guy commmitting suicide......

You don't say. Three Ms no less.

Why that sounds absolutely preposterous. Surely 'tis but a scurrilous fabrication intended to befuddle the common malcontent.

Gasp. What next. May haps they will try to tell us wikileaks is but a den of thieves and other dubious trickery.

Blaming it on some guy commmitting suicide......

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Anonymous is just as dangerous as the elite and they should be stopped also.
I dont see whats so good about a group that we dont know , they hide behind their mask and with this tricks of them its possible they they make things much worse.
Stupid bull# of them and setting up people and governments against each other,
Occupy movement is the same bull# ! How many lives has that cost now?
In Libia,Syria ,Egypt they want the extreme muslims at power and they want to start a civil war in the US now does that sound like a setup?

Anonymous is not Anonymous !!
Anonymous = Elite Powers = NATO = entities in US goverment
Those clowns dont have the best interest in normal working people so stop f adoring those ( Bad words go here)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deadlychicken
You can't "turn off the internet" at this point. The internet is just a series of connections to different computers. The only thing they could do is limit connections within the US itself. Even if they turned off the main backbones within the US, the people themselves could make their own backbones and DNS servers and start the reconnection process themselves.The only expensive part would be the cabling which nowadays is not completely necessary.

I honestly wouldn't bother. I don't think the driver knows how to get to that destination.

For some astonishing reason, everyone in the US thinks that they can just flip a switch and turn off the internet, because the entire internet is encased in a single computer in the US.

The nature of it, never mind...

And if the logistics of the impossibility of it all is not acceptable, then there is that sneaky "Secret" switch.

The ones that will only get pulled when .. I dunno.. aliens land or something...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They're called M.A.E. Servers and there are a few of them. In reality, a couple more than this lists but one must remember this was all originally built for the Department of Defense and Academia to share info (Academics) and maintain communication in the event of war. (The DOD side)..and the apple never falls far. They are also not 'servers' per say but server farms. *HUGE* server farms. This sums up the public and pretty much the majority of it though:

There are three major MAEs in the United States: MAE-East in the Washington, D.C. area; MAE-West in the San Jose, California area; and MAE-Central in Dallas, Texas. These three points along with several interconnection points previously identified by the National Science Foundation as network access points (NAPs) form what is sometimes considered the national commercial Internet backbone.

A MAE can be viewed as a giant local area network (LAN) switch. In fact, the three major MAEs use a Fiber Distributed-Data Interface (FDDI) switch.
Source

When they talk about a kill switch, those are the places things would be turning off. Now, I think it would require a phone call to a company like Equinix and perhaps a couple other places. A couple minutes, I'd guess. Neat huh? Unless things start turning off, of course.

You basically just explained why they can't shut down the internet. Oh, no one is saying that they can't cripple it for you guys.

But even when there were physical issues with the main link out of Sydney to the US/EU we still had access to the internet. Just not some websites and not as reliable.

But while they're shutting down these servers in the US, and business start accruing immense debt due to loss of profit/capacity to work, when the law suits come out then I'm sure we'll hear how it was something else...

But I'll still be accessing the servers I access (maybe not ATS) and doing what I do..

A couple of minutes..

I hope people don't really believe that. I'd hate to have to see it over and over again as we did when the FBI was turning off the internet to test the kill switch by shutting off their own dns server they had put in place of a compromised dns server. Weeks and weeks of it. And.. Guess what. No kill switch.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
If I count on my fingers the number of times Anonymous threatened to shut off the internet I'd need more hands. You couldn't force me to give a crap if you posted a video on my website what the hell, seriously? If you need any more proof these idiots are the govt there ya go. The only thing that comes of this frivolous and meaningless threat is more restrictions and monitoring of us all.

You're doing great. 2 for 2 posts that not only don't give any validity to the words you say, but also are completely barren of reality.

I'm sure you think Anon have said they will shut down the internet 11 times.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

theres a group of us working on it, someone said you need to be running linux? and wait for the key of course

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Why is this the top thread on ATS? The files were posted on a pastebin 2 days ago, it wasn't anything worthwhile at all....

Also to the people who downloaded the rar files...you don't need linux or some kinda secret code...
edit on 27-1-2013 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by IamRoy08

Thanks for posting that. You know, reading it shows that this is nothing but empty threats with no substance coupled with hypocrisy. They say

The contents are various and we won't ruin the speculation by revealing them. Suffice it to say, everyone has secrets and some things are not meant to be public

Isn't transparency one of the things they're campaigning about or did I miss something?

edit on 26-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

You're missing something.

Some secrets (The ones that don't hurt people, and are important) are okay to be secrets. It's when you have secrets that in fact are harmful to one another. Secrets of lies and harm that goes against another persons liberty.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

They've said it more than 11 times. I'm not sure why but it really pisses me off the lack of knowledge ATS has on Anon and what Anon really is. Some of you seem to think it's a group of elite "Haxors", but Anon is actually not a group at all, anyone can be apart of it. Anyone can post their ideas, or their hatred towards something, and if enough people back those ideas the group becomes known as Anon. Naturally there will always be hackers who join in on the raids.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What better way to take measures and blame the results on Anonymous. I direct you to examine the minute 6:40 in this video. Stating that Collateral damage might result and is unavoidable.This statement allows for the possibility of warheads to be launched with no intended target, no intention of war, simply an uncontained accident and uncontrollable consequence of Anonymous's retaliatory actions. OOOOps, one just fell on NK or Iran or .....(insert aggressor nation)..... 'Sorry, it wasn't our intention to bomb you' were absolved from fault, it was Anonymous that is responsible.
You see where this 'could' go...?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Huh? There are no real warheads involved, it's a metaphor. You cannot hack into missile solos, anyways it would have to be done on the inside.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

This is so funny, reading all the posts on this crapolla. Anonymous, Ashomonous. Get a life folks, I swear, it sure doesn't take much to get you folks all fired up over nothing.

Come on, you know for sure that the aliens are not going to let any nukes out of their control or let their kids do too much damage. Sheez!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
You don't really want chaos.

I agree.

Lots of folks say - let the chaos happen. Or they get disappointed when society doesn't melt down. But the fact is, A LOT of people will be hurting in a big way if there is chaos. There are millions of people who depend on certain medicines in order to stay alive or to be able to function. Chaos means no more medicine. Those people would die. And then there would be no antibiotics .. so any kid that gets tonsilitis would run the risk of death. And then there would be no hospitals running ... so stroke and heart attack patients would all die. Heck ... people with an infected tooth would die. Supply lines would be destroyed so everyone who doesn't live on a farm would starve. And even those on farms would starve because those without would overrun them.

So I totally agree .... you people who want chaos haven't got a clue how bad that would be ...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join