It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I posted bout this last night... yet my thread didn't even get this many views. Oh well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/26/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think Anonymous is likely an inside 3-letter USA agency. The videos are too polished. Nobody does polished propaganda better than the USA. They make small rumblings about doing big things instead of actually doing anything. It's like a robber standing outside your door threatening that if you don't get out of the house they'll rob you in 30 days or so. The police and everyone in the neighborhood will be alerted and ready.

Anonymous knows the USA won't change any policy, and I bet they won't do anything to harm us. Maybe something small, but scary, that helps the govt. enact more controls.

You don't see any other powerful organization telegraphing their acts before they do it unless it's posturing. This is all military and political theatre meant for the clueless masses. That file or whatever Anonymous offers is probably a way to track your IP address and put you in a file of interested subversives.

Just my 2 cents (and wild guess) on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't know whether to take Anonymous serious or not. I don't see how defacing a government website will change anything... which seems to be the extent of their revolution.
edit on 26-1-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

"And what makes Anonymous think any media outlets will touch any info they are given by activists? Look what Assange has had to deal with. Stolen government files is nothing any news source will touch."

1. They don't need the media. That's the point.
2. Wasn't Assange more or less a loner? These guys are the cyber equivalent of the concept al qaeda.
3. Good psy allows time for tension to build. More than a few days.

Just sayin' guys.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

All good points. The whole concept of Anon seemed to allow inclusion from all levels, This video is very polished and looks like a 3 letter acronym production-which has got to twist the knickers on the 3 Letter Krewe. Because if it ain't an official release, who the hell is the embed that helped put it out?
You may not like' em, but damn they're good and getting better!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anon isn't the government. I can verify that. They are a (not so) loose knit collective of hackers and activists. They were behind the Occupy movement. There is 2 different idealogies behind them: One, is basically a prank minded approach, the other is more an activist approach.

I don't post on this site much, but one can't resist when they see information that is incorrect. It is a FACT that anonymous is not led by any government agency. Many of their members have pending legal cases, because the government (FBI specifically) has targetted them.

They were behind Occupy, making attacks on Westboro Baptist Church, attacks on Scientology, and other stuff. Some of them are really cool people, mainly the activists. Some of them are complete tools, mainly the ones just out for pranks, at the expense of anyone.

Luckily, the activists have more or less put the "pranksters" in line, by having them prank for a cause, so to speak.

I'm not saying I support them....but well, so far nothing they've "officially" done has been anything short of NEEDED. In order for things to get better, in our country, in this world, a revolution of consciousness NEEDS to happen. (Un)fortunately, MOST of the infastructures (more than 90% of them) around the world are DOMINATED by those of a polarity, ego-based consciousness, minds that are consumed by the pursuit of POWER, lower , animalistic individuals, who are NOT helping humanity flower into our next phase in evolution.

I know some people on earth still haven't realized this yet, and some of you have, but we ARE transitioning from One age of humanity, into a new age. This transition doesn't happen all at once, thank GOD, or most of us would perish from the transformation. No, the transition happens over a few hundred years.....however, we are in the CENTER of this transition right NOW. We are on the FRONT LINES.

I encourage all of you to do YOUR part. If you aren't sure what YOU can do right now....I suggest you soul search, take some time out of your busy life, sit down, close your eyes, and allow your high self to guide you. Things are going to move SWIFTLY in the next hundred years or so. WE are on the front lines, and so will our children. Things WILL get better. How worse they get before they get better has to do with the determination of those who are holding humanity back. How determined are they to resist the changes humanity needs. How determined are they to RESIST waking up. How determined are they to try and FORCE THINGS TO STAY THE SAME. How determined are they to RUN from truth, love, and real joy. How determined are they....to keep shutting out their higher selves, and waste their lives in the pursuit of minor , egotistical pursuits.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They are just talking smack like usual. If you have something post it up otherwise what's the point? Like the govt is going to flip a switch and change their tactics because you posted a video on their website.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadlychicken

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You can't "turn off the internet" at this point. The internet is just a series of connections to different computers. The only thing they could do is limit connections within the US itself. Even if they turned off the main backbones within the US, the people themselves could make their own backbones and DNS servers and start the reconnection process themselves.The only expensive part would be the cabling which nowadays is not completely necessary.

Actually, this may surprise you....but yes, the internet can be effectively shut down and closed in a matter of moments. It would seriously piss off the rest of the world because I doubt the U.S. has a great firewall like China, Iran and some of the true 'closed' nations which can close external net access if they choose. A lot flows through the U.S. heading elsewhere...or would have up to that point.

They're called M.A.E. Servers and there are a few of them. In reality, a couple more than this lists but one must remember this was all originally built for the Department of Defense and Academia to share info (Academics) and maintain communication in the event of war. (The DOD side)..and the apple never falls far. They are also not 'servers' per say but server farms. *HUGE* server farms. This sums up the public and pretty much the majority of it though:

There are three major MAEs in the United States: MAE-East in the Washington, D.C. area; MAE-West in the San Jose, California area; and MAE-Central in Dallas, Texas. These three points along with several interconnection points previously identified by the National Science Foundation as network access points (NAPs) form what is sometimes considered the national commercial Internet backbone.

A MAE can be viewed as a giant local area network (LAN) switch. In fact, the three major MAEs use a Fiber Distributed-Data Interface (FDDI) switch.
Source

When they talk about a kill switch, those are the places things would be turning off. Now, I think it would require a phone call to a company like Equinix and perhaps a couple other places. A couple minutes, I'd guess. Neat huh? Unless things start turning off, of course.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If I count on my fingers the number of times Anonymous threatened to shut off the internet I'd need more hands. You couldn't force me to give a crap if you posted a video on my website what the hell, seriously? If you need any more proof these idiots are the govt there ya go. The only thing that comes of this frivolous and meaningless threat is more restrictions and monitoring of us all.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
To anybody who thinks it takes a secret agency to produce the video posted in the OP, you've got to be kidding yourselves. 13 year olds are making videos of high quality nowadays.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLCCLL
For all you bleeding hearts that have nothing better to do but complain that this is hurting you in some way. What are you doing to alleviate what is happening in this country. Posting on a website with useless words. Pussy's all!

In a few days when SHTF you will be looking for someone to help you through the hell that you have brought on yourselves. These people have and are doing what should have been done years ago. People like the ones here that have nothing better to do but blabber about what Anonymous is doing to alleviate injustice in this country need to......... Suck it up when reality bitch slaps there ignorance.

In a few days when SHTF you will be looking for someone to help you through the hell that you have brought on yourselves.
...And in a few days, I'll be coming back to you asking you WTF happened to whaaaattt...?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Man I bet the CIA are just dying to get their hands on these guys eh? This case for them and the FBI has got to be probably one of the most frustrating things to work on.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am so sick of this kind of B.S.! Quit talking smack and just drop files! Show the world what you have....freedom of information right? The world has a right to know! It's like Assange and his "I have some really important amazing files but no one will ever see them unleas I get a,b,c..."

Seriously ....quit screwing around anon and just drop it if you got it...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

Thanks for posting that. You know, reading it shows that this is nothing but empty threats with no substance coupled with hypocrisy. They say

The contents are various and we won't ruin the speculation by revealing them. Suffice it to say, everyone has secrets and some things are not meant to be public

Isn't transparency one of the things they're campaigning about or did I miss something?

edit on 26-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Of course, it could be implemented next Sunday should something go horribly wrong at the Superbowl... You know everyone might have plenty of stories to post or need to Skype a family member or friend etc, which could be hard to manage. The timing is pretty good, fresh enough on our minds and all.

I could, of course, be totally wrong with this but I like to look a the more obscure angles when it comes to figuring out what the gain to the gov't will be with a kill switch in place.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have no clue whether it is anonymous is doing this or not or if there is such a group but they have threatened to do things so many times and nothing has happened.Has the site been hacked at all, I have no way of knowing. All I have seen is the videos so it could be anyone.Either the government doesn't know how to find these guys or the government are these guys. I will still be up in the air about them until they actually do something.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For those of you who missed the edited ussc.gov page, or just wanna see it again, it is now being mirrored here >>>>>> novanet.tk...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by bknapple32

A child dies every 5 seconds from starvation in the world. Good luck with your new job (insert bad words here)

quite selfish isnt he.. but not to worry.. what he doesnt realise is that time moves on.. and that child just might grow up on the wrong end of the system.. and the child or grandchild will suffer thru everything he couldve made a stand for much earlier to prevent!

He's doing more to help the state of our world by BEING HAPPY than anyone consumed with anger or rage ever will.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Wow, I can't believe these replies. Things are going well for the dude and as a consequence, he wishes to stave off the chaos of a civil war or a societal reset for a while. He and his wife have a new baby and he's got a new job.

That's great news man. I'm genuinely happy for you.

Do you think all of those who "opted out" of the American Revolution because their first thought was of their loved ones were traitors? Here's some news for ya - during the American Revolution only an estimated 5% of the population actively supported the Americans in their struggle against British tyranny. Wanna guess how many of your own relatives back in the day were on the side of Liberty? Very few - if any. Doesn't make them traitors or bad people, just means they had different priorities.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I did not know that.

Ya learn something new everyday around here...

Oh and congrats on said new baby random person the last guy was talking about.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join