It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
TLDR: To long didn't read.

I have heard that this TLDR app is a pet project or at least a significant investment of one of the website owners here on ATS. I am not sure if that is true or not. Just something I have heard on the grape vine. I would love to know the accuracy of this claim though.

If the above is true; does anyone here on ATS find the Idea that the owner of a conspiracy website pushing the idea of a program that decides what to tell it audience...as… well a little odd?

ATS’s motto is: “Deny Ignorance” . I find it extremely disconcerting that anyone associated with a website with the previously mentioned motto to be in league with an app such as TLDR.

would be interested to see if this TLDR app uses algorithms’ to filter, or even reword the information in an article to sway the audience’s view of certain material .

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I haven't heard this one yet.
This should be an interesting thread to follow and see what members have to say.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My thought. Don't worry about it. ATS is simply experimenting with new ways of interacting with data. On a similar note, facebook has recently unveiled some sort of graphing b*s* pseudo-stalking software. Are you starving for this type of information?

ATS is just trying to make more revenues from the community of posters that visit here every day.

Oswald never fired a weapon that day.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by RobertF

I haven't heard this one yet.
This should be an interesting thread to follow and see what members have to say.

You just want to see SO burn my eyeballs with lasers......

edit on 26-1-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
You just want to see SO burn my eyeballs with lasers......

If I have to be home 'alone' on a Friday night doing Laundry then.. then.... seeing that happen will make my evening

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

would be interested to see if this TLDR app uses algorithms’ to filter, or even reword the information in an article to sway the audience’s view of certain material

You don't see the big gaping flaw in this?

You still have the ability to read the article.

It won't take long for any discrepancies to be noticed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by RobertF

would be interested to see if this TLDR app uses algorithms’ to filter, or even reword the information in an article to sway the audience’s view of certain material

You don't see the big gaping flaw in this?

You still have the ability to read the article.

It won't take long for any discrepancies to be noticed.

If the reader reads the "summarized" article and also reads the original material, than yes it MIGHT be a glaring difference. There are sight wording changes that can be made though, to sway a readers opinion one way or another without the reader realizing that they have been duped.

Most people don't even read a full article anymore they just skim and pick out the key phrases anyways. With a app that can "summarize" the material it would not be that difficult to change a few words to sway the audiences view point one way or another.
edit on 26-1-2013 by RobertF because: to clarify

new topics

top topics

join