Mercury poisoning...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Mad as a hatter" is a colloquial phrase used in conversation to refer to a crazy person. In 18th and 19th century England mercury was used in the production of felt, which was used in the manufacturing of hats common of the time. People who worked in these hat factories were exposed daily to trace amounts of the metal, which accumulated within their bodies over time, causing some workers to develop dementia caused by mercury poisoning. Thus the phrase "Mad as a Hatter" became popular as a way to refer to someone who was perceived as insane.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not good!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman
reply to post by Pardon?

With the greatest respect, self-diagnosis over the internet is one of the worst things you can do.

That's a fair point, much harm can come from incorrect self-diagnosis, but the OP does say:-

I've done my research and I'd like to hear input on how I could approach my dentist.

A sympathetic dentist will guide the patient to the correct investigation.

Although the OP does indeed state that they've done their research I would guess that the research was based almost solely on the effects of mercury.
You can virtually convince yourself of anything using the interent.

Unless proper testing has been carried out to confirm a diagnosis then you really have no clue as to what the cause is.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

I don't see how removing toxic metals from a persons mouth could be anything BUT beneficial.....

I had my first one removed this week and doing the next 2 quadrants over the month.

Already, from having the largest one removed, I have eaten about 7 times without falling asleep for the first time in maybe 20 years....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join