It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

should i sell my AR?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by soulshn

no! dont sell! what if there is going to be a zombapocalypse! you would miss it when you are wielding your xbox controller against the zombie horde.. no but serious.. there is a chance that you cant buy another one if you wanted..

lmao VERY TRUE STORY INDEED. i would not sell any of my hardware ever. the only way ill be getting rid of it is if our govt comes and takes them due to the rediculous ban they are trying to impose

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If you do go to a gun show with your price of $2250, im guessing it will take just minutes for someone to buy it, atleast from what I saw at the gun show in my area today. Everything is going crazy up in price. Mosin nagants were going for $300 when a few months ago they were only $100. Sks were going for $800-$1000, and I picked one of the same going for that price for $250 two months ago. You could just sell your mags and ammo and get atleast $1500 or more.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh geeze... I've got a few hundred rounds of normal .223 with another 100 frangible and 100 bullets (reloading type bullet, not cartridge) of tracer. Perhaps I need to see what the ammo market will bear for a price??

I just got back from the gun show over in Lewisville,TX, (had quite a long wait in line to) and you problably can sell normal .223 for $1 a round. Pretty much everything there is 3x the normal price. For example, most 9mm ammo was selling for $16 for 25 rounds. And that's just cheap reloaded ammo to. The same box of mosin ammo I got off the internet for 440 rounds for $105, was going for $400 at the show.....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is a thousand dollar profit worth taking a chance that you won't need it before you have a chance to replace it?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

If you don't intend on shooting and KILLING the first Mother Fugger that comes thru your front door to take it from you, and then aren't prepared to get shot and killed yourself, right in front of your family and not even being able to tell them goodbye as you lay there choking on your own blood and bleeding out all over the living room carpet as your loved ones look on in horror then......yeah..........I would say you should sell it.

I would sell mine if I hadn't lost it.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I would sell mine if I hadn't lost it.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I bet this is one helluva story...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Ohhh, it is.
I even wrote it down so I wouldn't forget it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

They (yes them) will wonder why you didnt report it missing......and if you forgot they can always waterboard you to lubricate your memory.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

If I make it long enough to get water boarded then I REALLY screwed up somewhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies everyone, they really helped.

I was all set to get rid of it and was cleaning it to go meet the buyer when I finally realized that deep down I did not want to get rid of her.

Hell, it would be my luck that I would run into a zombie horde on the way home from selling it, ha!

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by RidgeWalker
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Have you noticed the same holding true in the handgun market, particularly when it comes to revolvers? I'm a glock man myself, but my better half prefers wheelguns. I'm thinking of trading an older semi-auto I have for a revolver...

What Thunderheart says about revolvers being underrated has been true for a very long time.

Attempts to sell massive amounts of revolvers not of the pocket .38 variety have pretty much failed over the years leaving the revolver market mostly specialized.

Because of this prices remain pretty flat. A cheapo piece last month is still a cheapo today and a pricey item last month is still pricey today.

But dont overlook the chance of seeing a desperation sale from time to time. Though storefront prices arent moving much on the private end a lot of folks are desperate for money to pick up something on the ban list.

Just three days ago a never fired Colt Anaconda popped up for $900 locally, at least $600 less than what many would pay, and was sold in a couple of hours.

I wanted it myself but by the time I freed up the funds it was gone.

Just came home from a gunshow where I sold one of my semiautos and purchased a compact revolver for the better half. Just from what I saw, the revolver prices seemed to be about the same as they have been for a while now. Semiautos, especially Glocks, were selling like hotcakes, though. Ammo is outrageous. I paid $92 for 50 rounds .38 spcl range and 50 rds jhp. Unreal. Thankfully I have quite a bit of ammo for my long guns and my carry piece.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Reloaded ammo is selling? (perks up) Well now.. I have a few thousand rounds of .308 reloaded to mid-sheet on specs. I've just never considered reload something I could sell for more than comps to disassemble and reuse. I wouldn't buy someone else's reload...but heck. If it's actually selling? I suppose there is nothing wrong if the buyer is 100% aware up front of what it is for not being factory spec, factory issue.

Thanks for the update on .223 prices too. I dumped my AR- over a year ago is what happened. I kept some of the ammo for a Sako .223 hunting rifle (The clean remington stuff) and just hadn't gotten around to selling the wolf and frangible stuff. Neither of those are coming anywhere near a nice bolt action rifle of mine.

It's all good AR- food though

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
Considering there aren't any AR's under 3000 to be found I'd say you are giving it away I'd keep it you won't be able to pick up another without spending considerably more the price is up 60% here in Missouri and ammo about the same

There are TONS of ARs out there. I was just at Mega Sports here in IL today and the wall was packed full of them. You can buy one brand new starting at $900. Smith & Wesson, Bushmaster, Rock River, all very good rifles. They even had the Colt M4 LE rifles, although civilians cant buy that particular one. I put a down payment on a Rock River LAR Operator 2, sell price inlcuding two 30 round mags was $1250. IL has some of the toughest firearm laws in the country, second only to NY I think. I was able to purchase this rifle TODAY 01/30/13. Im chomping at the bit to get through the next three days so I can go get it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
DPMS AR 15 I bought for about $675 six years ago along with about 1000 rounds and eight 30rd mags.

$2250, what do y'all think? Close to $1000 profit. I really like the gun but hard not to take advantage of the market.

DPMS are crap you should sell it and buy a Colt.
I really like the 6920 and own one myself. You can get them for around 2000. Keep the mags.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cylent773

There are TONS of ARs out there. I was just at Mega Sports here in IL today and the wall was packed full of them. You can buy one brand new starting at $900. Smith & Wesson, Bushmaster, Rock River, all very good rifles. They even had the Colt M4 LE rifles, although civilians cant buy that particular one. I put a down payment on a Rock River LAR Operator 2, sell price inlcuding two 30 round mags was $1250. IL has some of the toughest firearm laws in the country, second only to NY I think. I was able to purchase this rifle TODAY 01/30/13. Im chomping at the bit to get through the next three days so I can go get it.

After todays hearing in the Senate and some of the reception Ive seen in the media, it looks like the market may be flooded with AR's and those kinds of rifles again. I hear there's no chance of an AWB or high cap mag ban being passed anytime soon, and the only things that have even the smallest chance of passing are universal background checks and more gun trafficking laws.

Hopefully the days of ridiculously priced rifles and ammo shelves bare is over for awhile. Im going to travel to Bass Pro, Academy, and my local range tomorrow to see how they are doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Never sell an AR, unless you have another. It's the best everything weapon on the market. It's
Obviously great for cqb, but i was also accurate, after going through a two week program,
Asst 800 meters with it. No other weapon is that durable.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Im selling my AR15 if anyone wants to buy it...
www.ar15.com...
also have ammo if your in the state...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join