It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older Sci-Fi Movies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am a huge sci-fi movie fan, I have more movies than I can count 1000+, not counting 500Gb of movies. I have seen all the movies listed except 2 or 3. Another good one from the early 80s, Outland. Sean Connery is the only cop on a workers colony on Jupiters moon.
Who can forget Plan 9 from outer space? so bad its good.
Flash Gordon the 80s movie. Pure Awesomeness
Steel Dawn with Patrick Swazye terrible but decent.
The Day After tv movie with dude from police acedamy movies.
The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.
The Time Machine H.G. Wells classic.
The Time Travelers.
The Black Hole 1977 or 78 Disney movie
Thats about all I cam think of, and yes I own them too.
edit on 25-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I actually preferred the Old B rated Sci-Fi flicks.

You see a lot of young struggling actors who some went on to become famous while others you sit there and wonder why they were ever cast for the role in the first place

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I forgot Attack of the Killer Tomatos
Return of the Killer Tomatos with a young George Clooney.
The Blob
Space Balls
Spaced Invaders
Alien
Hercules vs the Moon men
The Guyver series
Krull

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I actually preferred the Old B rated Sci-Fi flicks.

You see a lot of young struggling actors who some went on to become famous while others you sit there and wonder why they were ever cast for the role in the first place

They had this show about Star Trek one time and how some of the original actors were a little miffed about the new star trek movies and series.
It was kind of funny.
Those were the original ,it seems today they have run out of material and rehashing the old stuff.
Go figure.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

A group of people hide from bloodthirsty zombies in a farmhouse. Directed by George A. Romero. Starring Duane Jones, Judith O'Dea.

The Grand daddy of them all. This started my life long Zombie affliction, that and his awesome follow up Dawn of the Dead.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dude,Night of the Living Dead was my first shock to my brain in horror.They were blowing peoples ,or I mean,zombies heads off.
Now it's run of the mill entertainment.
The Walking Dead,c'mon,really?
And we wonder why there are all these killings.
But,I digress.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Well it is more horror than sci-fi but the first was sorta sci-fi.

I'll sidestep the social commentary It's Friday night and I'm home alone doing laundry and posting

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well it is more horror than sci-fi but the first was sorta sci-fi.

I'll sidestep the social commentary It's Friday night and I'm home alone doing laundry and posting

Night of the Living Dead.
Yes,it was part sci-fi part horror.
I don't blame you on the social implications of it all.

The radiation from a fallen satellite might have caused the recently deceased to rise from the grave and seek the living to use as food. This is the situation that a group of people penned up in an old farmhouse must deal with.

www.imdb.com...

I must bow out,it's late.

Peace,
K

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Permission for me to go bonkers over this?

You have no idea how much I love the Escape from...movies. Snake's the only reason why I warmed up to wearing an eyepatch to hide my face tic. Kurt Russel was so bad arse in those movies, and I could totally see a scenario like that happening...

New York and LA getting turned into Prisons, that is.

Also, I've been hearing rumors of a remake...I say screw the remake and make a good prequel to the movies of Snake's time in Cleveland/Cincinnati (don't remember which city)

I will also throw my hat in the ring for a Escape from Wisconsin/Milwaukee: Imagine the entire Dairy State/Brew City (WE STILL HOLD THAT TITLE CALIFORNIA) being buried in a sub zero tundra, and our good buddy Snake Plissken fights zombie Cheeseheads, The Turdy Point Buck, and a Predator-fied Jeffrey Dahmer clone in order to get some stem cells to fight a degenerative future disease.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Permission for me to go bonkers over this?

You have no idea how much I love the Escape from...movies. Snake's the only reason why I warmed up to wearing an eyepatch to hide my face tic. Kurt Russel was so bad arse in those movies, and I could totally see a scenario like that happening...

New York and LA getting turned into Prisons, that is.

Also, I've been hearing rumors of a remake...I say screw the remake and make a good prequel to the movies of Snake's time in Cleveland/Cincinnati (don't remember which city)

I will also throw my hat in the ring for a Escape from Wisconsin/Milwaukee: Imagine the entire Dairy State/Brew City (WE STILL HOLD THAT TITLE CALIFORNIA) being buried in a sub zero tundra, and our good buddy Snake Plissken fights zombie Cheeseheads, The Turdy Point Buck, and a Predator-fied Jeffrey Dahmer clone in order to get some stem cells to fight a degenerative future disease.

I cannot follow a class act like that. You have my admiration....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I read somewhere that carpenter considered Charles Bronson for role, but decided he was bit too old for role, and also too tough looking lol....I could of seen him doing the role if he was younger but not sure how to fix the tough aspect.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
It Came from Outer Space
And of Course Forbidden Planet!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I read somewhere that carpenter considered Charles Bronson for role, but decided he was bit too old for role, and also too tough looking lol....I could of seen him doing the role if he was younger but not sure how to fix the tough aspect.

Wow! Charles Bronson, huh? Wouldn't that have been a different movie?

Hey, that gives me an idea for a thread. I heard that Mark Wahlberg was considered for Marty in Back to the Future. Wouldn't it be fun to have people contribute oddball almost-casts that they've heard of? Maybe I'll do that this weekend....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Wow! Charles Bronson, huh? Wouldn't that have been a different movie?

When you considered the movies Bronson was making at the time Deah wish II and III hes a vigilante criminal who has done a shade deal with cops and is running around in deciminated New york , Los angeles areas fighting and killing lawless punks who have gone out of control. Almost sounds like the same movie plot as Escape from New york and Los angeles except for the Vigilante has a specific mission to rescue the president or presidents daughter.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Charltone heston was made for Sci Fi he made a trilology of classic sci fi

Planet of apes original
The omegaman
Soylent green.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I can't believe I forgot that movie. Kurt Russel was awesome. Probably the best Anti-Hero ever. Lee Van Cleef was awesome as well as Isaac Hayes. I also got give a nod to Ernest Borgnine, hes the same character in every film hes in. No one ever remembers his characters name, but everyone always says "Hey!, theres Ernest Borgnine!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Loved the whole Circular Series of Planet of the Apes movies.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, which was horror, but they WERE on a Scientific expedition. So it counts.
The original War of the Worlds,
The original Time machine.
Attack of the Giant Leeches (atomic age gigantism?) Silly fun
The Day the Earth Stood Still

There is one that I had never heard of until just recently
called "The Creation of the Humanoids" Has anyone seen that one? it was made in 1962
www.imdb.com...
a pretty unusual story, with a twist at the end that makes you go hmmmmmm..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Clint Eastwood did a close fray with Sci fi with a movie Firefox...plot is basically about how Russia has designed a thought controllled super fighter jet. His job is to steal the prototype! Actually not bad movie recommend a watch.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Clint Eastwood did a close fray with Sci fi with a movie Firefox...plot is basically about how Russia has designed a thought controllled super fighter jet. His job is to steal the prototype! Actually not bad movie recommend a watch.

Yeah, I remember that movie. I never really thought of it as scifi, but I guess it was. Pretty good movie, too....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The Incredible Shrinking Man
The omega man
The last man on earth
Blade runner
Brazil
Solaris(1972)
The fly(1958)
The man who fell to earth
Tron(1982)
Altered states
Scanners
The boys from Brazil
The quiet earth
Starman
Cocoon
They live
Evil dead(not really science fiction but worths mentioning it)

And i can go on forever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join