It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fordow nuclear facility explosion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I dont know if this is legit or not but if you google it there seems to be others carrying this story.

An explosion deep within Iran’s Fordow nuclear facility has destroyed much of the installation and trapped about 240 personnel deep underground, according to a former intelligence officer of the Islamic regime.

The explosion occurred Monday, the day before Israeli elections weakened Netanyahu’s political control.

www.wnd.com...

Real or not?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No idea.

I saw the initial report on WND, and I've been trying to find a secondary source for the report, but haven't been able to. The story has been regurgitated on several other web sites (The Telegraph, The Australian etc.), but each has used WND as its own source - so nothing independent.

...not yet, anyway.

The problem is, even if this incident HAS occurred... it's something that the Iranian regime would likely seek to cover up.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

The problem is, even if this incident HAS occurred... it's something that the Iranian regime would likely seek to cover up.
That of course depends on the Cause of the Explosion.
If it did happen, the explosion, it will be found out.
Nothing is hidden nowadays with Satellites.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow, I usually feel sorry for people. But 240 people underground dedicated to nukes...... All in all it could not happen to nicer folks. I am no fan of Israel but I am less of a fan of Iran having nukes.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nope nothing like that. We should have never set foot in Iraq or Pakistan. Nor should we set foot in Iran. I prefer to let them blow themselves up.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ozarkdeathstar

where is the blogs source?
states 'sources' but does not list them...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
well i did not see anywhere on the web where sucha fail wrote this , so i cant rule this out as a hoax just yet , but with all the satellites and sensors covering the globe , it seems like someone else would also be reporting this. and if it is true , stuxnet?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

"Deny Ignorance"
I dont usually reply to posts like yours ,but today i make an exception
edit on 26-1-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would ask you people to remember some of the people in those facilities have NO choice.It's sad they could die for it, and probably will.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, I just checked out RSOE EDIS and they have it listed there with a description but also as unconfirmed. Now there was also a 5.1 earthquake nearby in Borujen less than a day earlier.

RSOE EDIS Iran Explosion

WARNING! This is information absolute not confirmed!) An explosion deep within Iran’s Fordow nuclear facility has destroyed much of the installation and trapped about 240 personnel deep underground, according to a former intelligence officer of the Islamic regime. The previously secret nuclear site has become a center for Iran’s nuclear activity because of the 2,700 centrifuges enriching uranium to the 20-percent level. A further enrichment to weapons grade would take only weeks, experts say. The level of enrichment has been a major concern to Israeli officials, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly has warned about the 20-percent enriched stockpile. The explosion occurred Monday, the day before Israeli elections weakened Netanyahu’s political control. Iran, to avoid alarm, had converted part of the stockpile to fuel plates for use in the Tehran Research Reactor. However, days after the recent failed talks with the International Atomic Energy Agency, Iranian officials announced the enrichment process will not stop even “for a moment.”

edit on 26-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

If this is true...U.S. Satellites that have highly sensitive Radiation Detection will be able to tell if such an explosion occured as well as Sat. detection of IR-Light and Gamma Ray emmisions.

The USGS would also be able to detect the explosion even if an earthquake either occured at the same time or was responsible for the blast or even if the blast was felt as a quake.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I still don't see anything on the MSM yet. Has anyone here found anything out?
edit on 26-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Lets say for arguement's sake, this really happened, what I fear is an uncontrolled core, deep underground with close proximity to crude oil deposits. This can trigger a burn that could not be extinguished. Imagine for a moment a breached core igniting an oil source underground that is close to other deposits. This seems to be a problem.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If it is from World Net Daily it is not true.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Is The Times of London a believable source? They are confirming the explosion. As is The Times of Israel.

The Times UK

Times of Israel

add:

Breitbart has a story stating sources other than WND have confirmed the explosion.

Confirmed? Massive Explosion at Iran Nuclear Facility
edit on 28-1-2013 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
(from UK) personally i like Iran they arent prepared to be dictated by Usa fair play to them so in terms of an explosion i hope not but if so i hope there are minimal casualties
!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

(Reuters) - The U.N. atomic watchdog made clear on Tuesday it had seen no sign of any explosion at one of Iran's most sensitive nuclear plants, backing up Tehran's denial of media reports that such an incident had taken place last week.

Reuters

top topics

join