It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: NY Dem Votes for Gun Ban While Admitting Conservatives Are Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.ijreview.com...

Well, this is odd. New York State Senator Ruben Diaz, Sr., while announcing that he had every intention of voting for S.2230, the draconian anti-gun “Democratic bill,” chided his fellow Democrats with a simple admonition: “It will not make a difference in the committing of crimes.”

this boggles my mind even though it shouldn't because we are talking about politicians. But if you think a bill is wrong why vote for it? This is like the best example of a 2 faced politician.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
because he was told to... you do what you are told or you are replaced.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

He may be smarter than his Dem party contemporaries but he is still a cowardly political pawn.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is prime example of why term limits are sorely needed, even when they know in their heart they're doing the wrong thing, even when they say its the wrong thing, they still set aside conviction and vote bad law into being knowing full well its not going to fix the problem and serves an entirely different agenda - just to save their cushy positions and influence peddling averices.

See how many times he declared "I'm voting for it" as he told rest of legislators its wrong and won't work - he was scared but not enough to show integrity - scared for his "job" and thats what it is to these creatures - its not service as we'd like.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'd say when people talk about Democrats and Republicans within leadership as if they were two entirely different races of people ...this is what's meant. Despite knowing what he's about to vote for accomplishes little or nothing and it's a waste? He votes for it anyway. I honestly wonder if it even crossed his mind in a serious way to vote against it? I'm thinking it probably didn't Party is EVERYTHING and winning drives all. Logic, common sense or the good of the public is a distant second when they conflict in any way.

I'd be just as happy to see the party system essentially abolished. The Founding Fathers had words about the serious lack of wisdom this represented. Now it's gone so far as being two sides of a war and even good logic can't being one to agree with the other in either direction.

How do I spell doom? p-a-r-t-i-s-a-n. Doom. Eh?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And these are the kinds of people we supposedly vote into office?!
Come on folks, we gotta start doing better than this crap. Better off voting for a goat.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's true that more gun laws don't statistically reduce crime. HOWEVER, with the mentality of supposed "Responsible law abiding gun owners" and their predisposition to wanting to gun down their fellow Americans just for being elected by the people. Some gun restrictions are going to get passed just for the sake of self preservation.

But go ahead geniuses, keep threatening to gun down elected citizens of this great nation, see how many gun laws they pass just to try and protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

What are you blubbering about? I don't recall hearing millions of people saying anything like that......

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The two party system and lack of term limits on these positions is the most destructive force in our government. As citizens I don’t know how we can change this. I know we can vote them out gut we will still be strapped with the same problem when these turds are looking for a lifelong position.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
www.ijreview.com...

Well, this is odd. New York State Senator Ruben Diaz, Sr., while announcing that he had every intention of voting for S.2230, the draconian anti-gun “Democratic bill,” chided his fellow Democrats with a simple admonition: “It will not make a difference in the committing of crimes.”

this boggles my mind even though it shouldn't because we are talking about politicians. But if you think a bill is wrong why vote for it? This is like the best example of a 2 faced politician.

You have to go back to the Russian Civil War after the Bolsheviks rigged the elections to figure out why leftists are so against guns. Actually, you just have to perform a mental evaluation of most leftists to figure it out: They don't like it when people can defend themselves against them. Look at how violent OWS people where and how violent leftists are in general and you will see they want guns taken away so they can attack others without fear of being shot(like the lefty violent hoodlums in the UK, that kind of garbage would never happen in the USA as often).

The Demoncratic Party is the Party of Psychopaths, so this is no surprise.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yeah, what are you talking about? A few people have said such things, but you can't judge all the gun owners by those people.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

HOWEVER, with the mentality of supposed "Responsible law abiding gun owners" and their predisposition to wanting to gun down their fellow Americans just for being elected by the people. Some gun restrictions are going to get passed just for the sake of self preservation.

Would you care to share some stats on this predisposition you’re talking about?

How many politicians have been gunned down?

Ridiculous! You should be ashamed. I know some people carry water for their cause but have some dignity!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Did the rest of us miss something, or did you have a bad dream?

new topics

top topics

join