It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highland Park, MI Officers Charged With Bribery, Distribution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Highland Park, MI Officers Charged With Bribery, Distribution

www.clickondetroit.com

HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. -

Four Highland Park police officers are charged with accepting bribes and conspiring to distribute coc aine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.clickondetroit.com

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is a strange story. Their downfall happened when they arrested a man on a firearms charge and beat him. They subsequently took a bribe from the man - who had called the FBI and told them already.

HP has been a bad place for a while now, but lately they have had a stronger police presence than the rest of Detroit from what I have seen. When I go to see family there I always see them. Always found it strange how the dope boys were still posted up right on the main streets. Guess this might explain it.

www.clickondetroit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Highland park is about half hour south of me, and this story doesnt surprise me one bit. I don't know how these people can take on a career to protect and serve and end up doing crap like this?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
Highland park is about half hour south of me, and this story doesnt surprise me one bit. I don't know how these people can take on a career to protect and serve and end up doing crap like this?

I hear you. It starts with the corruption in the government, and trickles down into the schools and police. With everyone stealing, there is no forward progress.

The worst part is, it would be almost impossible for a cop to be a good cop anyways. Everyone would be paranoid he was gonna snitch on them

new topics

top topics

join