It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange occurance, need explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Right! Only two really weird things I can think of but nevertheless they were....strange. Yesterday I was just standing in the kitchen and all of a sudden the coffee machine turns on by itself, okay I thought....bit strange but I didn't think on it too much.

Now just tonight while trying to get to sleep now just before I got out of bed I felt a strong tension in my neck up to my jaw come out of nowhere which recurred a few times and never had that sort of feeling before but regardless! (currently very early in the morning here living in England) Myself and my brother had clashed to go to the bathroom so as we were working out who would go first there was this bright blue flash lit up which was similar to that of lightning but there was no storm...we both left the same bedroom as we have a bunk bed and it seemed to have come from our room although it still filled our field of vision from the darkness of the night being in the hallway outside the bathroom now before saying anything myself and my brother just looked at each other because the curtains were completely drawn and as I said earlier there was no storm.

That's the end of it really although it's a bit of a coincidence that just before heading off to bed I was reading up on paranormal stories however my brother wasn't so it couldn't have influenced what he saw, it wasn't my imagination.

Anyone care to shed some light, or opinions?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've had electrical items turn on and off before in similar manner. My coffee machine did that a couple of years ago. It happened more than once. You just jogged my memory on that. Other times were lights, tvs, CDs , etc. However none of these occurrence were accompanied by a blue flash. That part makes your story interesting to me.
So your brother saw it as well?
The only time I've seen a blue lightning bolt flash, was when I incurred a head injury. So just curious when you say 'clash', did you smash into each other on the way to the bathroom?
ETA I mean the flash happened upon impact and was just perceived by me in my visual field.
edit on 25-1-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No no haha we were just fighting over who should go into the bathroom first, but other than that I'm completely stumped there were no electrics switched on at all either which could have caused that flash of light.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
coffee machine could have a short in the switch?
me and my girlfriend seen the 'blue light' together.
it came in thru the back door (where she seen it) and flew literally at light speed right by me and into a lamp beside me,and blew out the bulb.
this all happened in about 2 seconds.
we didn't even know the other one seen it till after!
this happened in the middle of the day!
i can only sum it up to 'ball lightning' which is incredibly rare,some experts doubt it even exists.
no storm that day,bright and sunny out.
i still remember it like it was 5 min. ago!
if my girlfriend hadn't of said 'did you see that!?',i wouldn't have said anything.
i will say that i have a history of 'strange' things happening around me since i was a kid.
(especially with clocks-falling off the wall,starting and stopping on their own, chiming when their not even wound up etc...)
i do study religion,including the occult. maybe something is following me!
maybe you too!
you & your bro may have seen an airplane light from an aircraft that was turning,and you just happened to catch the blue lights right at the 'right' moment!
i really don't know.

just a thought though. keep us informed if anything else 'strange' happens!
peace

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That's the strange thing though the speed of the flash of light seemed to be almost but not quite as fast as a strike of lightning, I saw it emnate from the room at first but it couldn't have been an aircraft the curtains were entirely pulled blocking out the light :/

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There have been times when, while cleaning the coffemaker or working around it, I have accidentally hit the auto-start button and didn`t realize it until later when it gurgled because there was no water in it lol. I wouldn`t worry about that too much. The blue flash could have been any number of things happening outside nearby. Now...the real problem....If I had to share a bunkbed with MY brother, there`d be a whole bunch of tension in MY neck, too!
edit on 1/25/2013 by ReluctantBlossom because: OCD Grammar Nazi

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

U live in England, a swimming pool of spiritual residual entities and earthbound wandering spirits. Sounds like one has taken a liking to your place. Stand firm and demand the spirit leave. Most times they leave on their own, but if its bothering you, take your space back. Your living. They are not. Demand your space and you will have it back.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Myself and my brother had clashed to go to the bathroom so as we were working out who would go first

Who did go first!

Anywho. That blue flash is related to alien abductions, also. I remember when I was a kid around 7 years old walking with my older brother at night back from the movies (through the woods) we took a short -cut and were surrounded by a blue light. My brother stopped and said what is that! All I remember is we ran.
edit on 25-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, now that you mention this I'll tell you what happened a couple of days ago. I was playing with my grandson (3) with his little train set which is BATTERY driven. The mains electric suddenly went of, it shut the computer down and the telly went through it's reboot (first installation mode) but the realy weird thing was the little train we were playing with stopped at the exact moment the mains flickered!! I picked it up and it would not switch back on. I placed it back on the track and was about to go for a screwdriver when it started up again all on its own.
I'm completly baffled

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Coffee pots have been programmed to turn on on their own to do damage that stimulates the economy
That is called technology advancement. They make things so complex that we screw up programming them eventually and blame it on ourselves.

I guess you are upsetting the spirits there, stop fighting with your sibling and the spirits won't have to flash you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Who did go first!

Anywho. That blue flash is related to alien abductions, also. I remember when I was a kid around 7 years old walking with my older brother at night back from the movies (through the woods) we took a short -cut and were surrounded by a blue light. My brother stopped and said what is that! All I remember is we ran.
edit on 25-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

Crikey, alien abductions, spirits who knows
. Could it even have been something to do with aliens then even if it was just a short flash of light? I always imagined an abduction would take longer than almost being instantaneously?

And VoidHawk, that'd have me baffled too! Been reading up on these sorts of things every now and then seeing them pop up on ATS but never thought it held much weight until actually experiencing it for myself and evidently yourself also, maybe something to do with the changing magnetic poles? or the sun?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Muscle spasm in your neck/jaw, I have had something similar in the past. Also, get your electrics checked, they sound faulty. Nice non-paranormal story bro.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by McCool
Muscle spasm in your neck/jaw, I have had something similar in the past. Also, get your electrics checked, they sound faulty. Nice non-paranormal story bro.

Skepticism is healthy, ignorance is not. Considering everything in the room was unplugged and even if they weren't it wouldn't produce a bright blue-ish light filling up your entire vision. Also, I'm not your "bro".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wulfric, I have had similar experiences as well. There is a rather interesting topic going on farther down the page at the Paranormal forum dealy about Sliders. You may want to read that.

I have a problem for many years with electrical apparatus and appliances and such. I also had an experience with bright light...it filled the entire living room with light...not just a small ball or flash, the entire room lit up like day. It was nite, curtains and blinds all shut, no storms in area, no transformers blew and no car lites as we were out in the boonies. Hubby saw it too. We checked the light fixtures and bulbs and all was well. Because of military affiliations, we have had to move around a lot and I have experienced the "sliders" problem everywhere....so is not faulty wiring.

I constantly blow out light bulbs, tv shuts on and off and changes channels...at more than one residence so again, not wiring issue. Even occurrs at pals at times when I'm around. Can't keep watches working. I can literally "feel" electric in the ground when I am doing gardening. I have more info about my experiences at the sliders topic. Anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with being evil or cursed or crazy or whatnot....it just happens. I googled about sliders once and eventually found some info on it. Others go thru this as well. Blessings, ^j^

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Shrevegal, I read your post over on the other thread and I've heard of this phenomenon before but but what you've stated in this thread your right is very similar to mine. I'm not sure if mine is related to the "sliders" though as this all has only been happening very recently and this is the only occurance I can think of it happening, it remains a mystery to me but if it continues then I'm going to be a bit more freaked out
. I read somewhere a long time ago that those with a negative blood type have this occur to them at a far greater frequency than those with a positive one. Is it bunk? Who knows.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

that happend to me before as well we use candel light instead of bulbs so we save energy and they went off whille i was on my (fully charged) laptopthen every thing went dark then a few mins later the lights went on including our candals

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

most ppl forget the hole thing you may have been gone for hours and not known it so the flash is like that gadget on men in black the movie you forget what happend at all

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Hi again Wulfric, If this is your very first experience with such than it is mysterious. I have re-read your original post and see no age mentioned. If you are very young, perhaps you are just at the begginning stages of becoming a slider....or, you may not be one at all and it was just an isolated incident. I hope that is it, in a way because the problem is a real pain in the hienie...LOL.

What you mentioned about blood type is very interesting relevant to sliders as I have been researching Sliders dealy and also ufo/contact scenarios and Blood type anomalies and quite a few folks that have contacted me relevant to the sliders problem are also rh negative. I am A- (neg.). Many others have either witnessed ufos or feel they have had a contact experience. Very interesting.

Anyhow, I hope all is well with you and that you don't experience anymore light problems and such. Who needs that?

Blessings and best regards and be safe and happy and well always, ^j^

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

I'm 18 years old, so I'm not really very young but still young I guess
. Nothing else that I can recall has happened since then so I'm starting to think it was just isolated, still have no clue what it was though. No idea what my blood type is.

Blessings and all that good stuff straight back to you also

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The most probable explanation is: there's is a electrical fault with the coffee machine: or a mechanical fault with the switch and so turns itself on ( releasing itself from tension gathered up like in a spring). There is another possible explanation. As an occult consultant I have been cursed many times: information gained from the times I have been told by the person in question). Nothing happens: I protect myself well. But I did not used to protect myself as well. Every now and then someone would tell me that they are going to curse me and an electrical item would stop working. This could be coincidence but could also be the curse rebounding off me, and only affecting electrical devices.

Like I said probably an electrical fault. Easiest way to work this out would be:
1. Have I had any arguments with anyone into the occult.

If you do not know then probably not.

If anyone wants to ask any questions please contact me through my web page. Or enquire through above to secret: this web page etc......

new topics

top topics

join