It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am SICK of gun haters!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Your data comparing crime in the US compared to the UK is flawed...

ALL data comparing the US crime with the UK crime is flawed. Both the US and the UK, like all other countries, classify crime differently. This is one of the biggest problems with comparing statistics.

We have a higher rate of gun violence, but they have a higher rate of violence altogether.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

We are a violent society in general. Still, my gun rights being taken because of a handful of psychos in my country? I don't agree with that. Never will.

Maybe you would be less violent without your guns. There are plenty of other manly sports you could take up if you feel inadequate.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

ALL data comparing the US crime with the UK crime is flawed. Both the US and the UK, like all other countries, classify crime differently. This is one of the biggest problems with comparing statistics.

We have a higher rate of gun violence, but they have a higher rate of violence altogether. We have a higher rate of gun violence, but they have a higher rate of violence altogether.

You're making the mistake that you first pointed out.

Violent crime is reported differently - 4 crimes comprise US stats for the definition of violent crime;

FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports defines a “violent crime” as one of four specific offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Whereas;

The British Home Office, by contrast, has a substantially different definition of violent crime. The British definition includes all “crimes against the person,” including simple assaults, all robberies, and all “sexual offenses,” as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated assaults and “forcible rapes.”

When you record more crimes altogether, you will end up with a higher number than the country that counts only four.

Not a bad read

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HopSkipJump

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Yeah? Try and stop me.

Like I said, you're nobody. Get over yourself.

Sure thing, give your name and address, I'll be more than happy to report you.

Of course since you have admitted to a crime (underage weapon possession) as well as threatened the life of others, ATS should report you by law...

They won't sell her one after a background check anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join